Quote Originally Posted by IceStorm
    NC's all about using rares anyway, right?
    This reminds me. Another thing I'll add about the lvling/xp business, is that characters are only useful at cap. I think it's safe to say I'm actually going to have to cap my rifle spy who I've played in pvp for many many months, as I imagine he won't be able to use the same weapons as before (Which ok, I'm fine about as chars are made to be capped).
    However, now that I have to cap him, it's going to take even longer because mobs are now harder to kill (and now do more damage). Especially the ones needed for a char to cap.

The way I see it, KK have made it even more important for chars to be capped to participate in the biggest part of the game (pvp), yet they've made it harder to do this and in the meantime left us with characters of significantly less importance/effectiveness. I left games like WoW because of the wrist-slitting grinding that needs to be done if you want to get anywhere. Now the game I've escaped to is going in the same direction?

Lifewaster,

This is a hugely useful guide for those of us who are coming back to try the changes, but havent nessicarily been following them in great detail.

Cheers !!!

Ok some important information for 2.2, which I notice very few people haven't heard about.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowCrash
    I have noticed some important questions and would like to sum up the answers for you.

1. There will be no item wipe with Evol 2.2
    2. There will be a skill reset with Evol 2.2.
    3. Due to the adjustments on the Area MC5 implants some of these implants could be no longer of use for your current retail characters. As these implants are very difficult to obtain we will offer a item swap service via the Neocron 2 Gamemaster team after release for these items.
    Post can be found here .

Nice guide you got there. I found lots of new things even i have been at TS.
    Good job!

I'm a little concerned about the seperation of Psi Monk into PPU/APU/Hybrid in terms of IN GAME EFFECTS. It shouldn't be that way at all >.< The game should look at the player CLASS not their choice of SKILLS -.-

So much for having the freedom to choose how you want to set your char up and getting equal benefits however you choose to play it. :/ I sincerely hope that part of the info posted here is either wrong or has been changed. Pardon me if this has been discussed already, TLDR.
    Zim: "Whyyyyy iiiiis theeeere BACON IN THE SOAP?!?"
    GIR: "AAHHHH MADE IT MYYYSELF!! ^_^"

What, no mention of how tradeskills are affected?

Gloves require IMPLANT SKILL to put on. Yes, that's right - no more swapping gloves unless you've a poker around or want to invest in IMP. On the up side, the negative combat consequences have been reduced to -3.83 TC. This would be a pain for tradeskillers, but with the death of the hybrid RES/CST char, it won't matter. Spy nanites need not-insignificant IMP anyway (75 IMP for highest tool), so just about all combat spies will be impers of gloves.

No more CST quality hard cap. Max stats for an item are still 94%, but now instead of capping and degrading from TL50 as in NC1/2, you can manage to hit 94% stats on items at TL60, 70, 80, etc. If you're a constructor, all your INT is going into CST. Bye-bye hybrid RES/CST that were oh-so-useful at 4% pop. And yes, 10 CST levels does make a difference at higher TLs.

SS is essentially unnecessary. You won't care about it as it's +8.xx CST. CST 1 is +8.xx, CST 2 is +14.98, and CST 3 is +22.14. TH CPU is +9.91. Hawkings is +10.xx.

Blue Fairy is a CST/RES/IMP drug. It provides +9.06 to each, and lasts for 5 minutes. Nightspider provides +15.11 IMP

CST chips now generate negative REP/REC, with no impact on RES. I guess you can still hybrid CST/REP, though, as the negative hit is fairly low (-4.57 for the CST3).

Adv Nerves now boosts CST and RES. Adv Nerves 3 boosts both by +5.92.

The hybrid RES/CST char is gone. You'll need an imper for your CST glove since you won't want to put any INT in any other subskill if you're a CSTer. I'll go so far to say steer clear of anyone with less than 270-280 CST, especially for a weapon over TL50.

Not that this really matters. NC's all about using rares anyway, right?

Thanks for the details ice, I didnt get around to much cst testing, allthough I did make one holy protector TL71 or so , It turned out at 82% on my spy with 132 cst,103 res . This 82% spell turned out to give 66% shielding, as opposed to 85% shielding from the artifact version. As these are the highest non-rare shields , we can assume PPUs will not be as invulnerable initially in retail compared to test.

update on mods######################################
    #############

There is 2 new weapons available from hacknet Databases , the ionic shotgun rifle, and ionic shotgun cannon . These do pierce/xray initially, and can be modded similarly to the xbow I believe. (for additional xray/fire/poison) not sure if they deal DOT dmg thou.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifewaster
    #############

There is 2 new weapons available from hacknet Databases , the ionic shotgun rifle, and ionic shotgun cannon . These do pierce/xray initially, and can be modded similarly to the xbow I believe. (for additional xray/fire/poison) not sure if they deal DOT dmg thou.
    The cannon variant certainly does instant damage with no DoT, and boy is it a real monk shredder (the combination of pierce+xray+poison is just plain nasty).
    Nullvoid // The Provider

Thanks for the details ice, I didnt get around to much cst testing, allthough I did make one holy protector TL71 or so , It turned out at 82% on my spy with 132 cst,103 res . This 82% spell turned out to give 66% shielding, as opposed to 85% shielding from the artifact version. As these are the highest non-rare shields , we can assume PPUs will not be as invulnerable initially in retail compared to test.
    Why? With mods you can easily get that spell to 120% damage. 94% base stats plus an Enhancer and two or three Power mods gets you to 120% damage. I know you can get to 94% base as I've built a TL81 item to 93% base with 268 CST on the test server. At 258 CST, that same weapon built to 92% base stats. I bet I could build that TL71 to 94% base.

Like I said, if you're a CSTer and you're not 270-280, don't even bother advertising your skills. And woe to you if imp base stats affecting bonuses are ever implemented, then you'll be completely pointless beyond the occasional weapon mod.
    Last edited by IceStorm; 05-03-07 at 02:55.

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

#############

Not new. You can get them in 2.1, along with the ionic shotgun pistol too. However, as of 2.2 they are moddable and actualy do xray damage. No DoT.

Whoa 2.2 sounds awesome.. I'll definitely be back for it.
    Take some solace in these words, take notice of this place.
    Hollow whispers that they are, like the wind upon my face.
    Just sing sofly in my ear and look at me with wonder.
    I will try to ease your fear as the darkness pulls you under.

wow

BIG thanks Lifewaster - you've just managed to convince me to go back to NC (if those rumors about free testing period are true of course).

Great guide, seriously.

cheers

az
    Any colour you like as long as its black...

Talking

We will get 30days Free unless you're banned.

INFO on resist setups##################################
    ##################

some semi-complicated infos posted here

And resist/armor graphs here....

And some semi-complicated tank resist calculations here...

#

Basically , your resists work in 3 stages...First your shield reduces the dmg , next your armor reduces the remaining dmg , next your con reduces the remaining dmg.

Thus its important to note, if your shield is worth 25% , and your armor worth 25% , you do not end up with 50% .....instead your ending with 25% + ( 25% of the 75% remaining) 18.75% = 43.75% total

If your con also gave 25% , then thats 25% of the 56.25% now remaining , ie: 14% , giving you a total resist of 57.75% (rather then 75%)

The threads listed give rough graphs of the resist curves for armor/con, whilst shielding % are self-evident.
    Last edited by Lifewaster; 07-03-07 at 07:57.

I know you can get to 94% base as I've built a TL81 item to 93% base with 268 CST on the test server. At 258 CST, that same weapon built to 92% base stats. I bet I could build that TL71 to 94% base.

Like I said, if you're a CSTer and you're not 270-280, don't even bother advertising your skills
    Hmm, if a low (130) skill CST-er can hit 80% .....while a 270-skill can hit 94% , well thats a improvement on old system where none of them could go over 84%.

Many ppl will probably also just settle for the 80+% stuff if they can get slots. Ultra high skilled csters will probably be able to charge a lot more but I very doubt lower lvl guys will be useless........ Since a 1 slot 80% (96%dmg) is probably better then a no slot 94%.......since dmg is worth a lot more then freq now.

Also dont forget the spy naite tools , 5 of which need a slot for ammo mods , and will drop in belts.....so I think cst-ers of all lvls will be busy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast