Default Test Server Patch 165 Notes

[GENERAL]
    - Re-enabled ALT + F4 functionality
    - Flag added inside file 'Neocron.ini' to activate/deactivate log-files for status of local player and damage in general
    * add: ENABLELOG = "TRUE" to activate this functionality (i.e. for runner setup)
    * add: ENABLELOG = "FALSE" to deactivate this functionality (i.e. for bigger fights)
    - Interval to make screenshots limited to 2 seconds - number of maximal screenshots: 128
    - Calculation of 'MaxLoad' changed - new skill level is 65 (was 75). So you will need a lower level in the subskill 'Transport (TRA)' to reach the maximum load value
    - 'Drugflash Exploit' fixed

[Items - Weapons]
    - Frequency of melee weapons raised - they range between 50 - 100 hits per minute (was 37.50 - 60)
    - Weight of melee weapons checked and changed
    - Stamina usage of melee weapons raised - this figure is directly connected to the weight of the weapons (factor 8.00)
    - General damage modifier for melee weapons changed: -5.00 percent (Reason: It's not possible to miss your target)

[PSI]
    - Factor for psi-usage (usage of points from the psi-energy pool if you cast a psi module) reduced to 1.2 (was 1.4)
    - Frequency for aggressive psi modules raised - shot time is reduced by 0.50 seconds for each module
    - Maximum count of DoT-types to remove raised (i.e. Anti-Poison)
    - PSI-Usage of rare ppu-modules raised (factor 1.5)
    - PSI-Usage of shields (single, group, sanctum) lowered (factor 0.75)

[NANO TECH]
    - Final sounds for injector tools added
    - Nanite packets now have separate colors
    - Intoxication from nanite overdoses has a higher duration: 120 Sec. (was 60)

[Items - Armor]
    - Added two new power armors for class spy - Mainskill DEX, TL 112, Orientation: P-C and R-C
    - Added three new power armors for class private eye - Mainskill DEX/STR, TL 90, Orientation: P-C, R-C and M-C

[CONTENT]
    - Increased the rare part drop rate for high level monsters and added junk drops to some. Mobs with a skill rank of 120 or more should drop at least 1 rare part (up to 3). Mobs with a skill rank between 100 and 120 have a high chance of dropping one rare part (up to two).

Interesting set of patch notes.

So if I got my figures right, my APU with her holy lighting will now have a frequency of about 40 shots a minute. (Up from around 30 before)

I do like the Melee PA for PE's.

But I'm a bit puzzled, Spies and PE's already have PA for R-C and P-C at around TL112 - known as PA3. The same is true for PA3 for PE's which is DEX 90. Am I missing something there?

Some good stuff. The new PA's should be interesting and it's good to see a high chance of getting rare parts for putting the effort in to kill the high level mobs.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Default PowerArmors for P-C and R-C

These armors have a difference to the existing ones - we've skipped the boni for DEX and added T-C. You will only have subskills boosted.
    ---
    "I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change." - Neo, The Matrix

Very happy to see the alt f4 function back but im a bit worried about the maximum amount of screenshots? :

Default Screenshots

It's a try - you can rename your existing screenshots to get more out of it.
    ---
    "I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change." - Neo, The Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by John Doe
    These armors have a difference to the existing ones - we've skipped the boni for DEX and added T-C. You will only have subskills boosted.
    Ahh interesting idea, I will have to take a closer look at those when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by John Doe
    It's a try - you can rename your existing screenshots to get more out of it.

Or just move them to another folder

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    lol, just lol. I mean, really LOL. If there was a case bigger than upper case, i'd be typing LOL in it now.

Quote Originally Posted by RusSki
    Or just move them to another folder
    Yeah, I do this every couple of months anyway and sort through the ones I want to keep. It'd be a lot of chaos otherwise.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

i noticed when theres a lot of screenshots in the folder it can take a few seconds to make the screenshot.. i presume this is why you've capped it to 128... but.. this smells of bandaid fixing... what happened to avoiding that.. isn't it about time you added a jpeg encoder into the game

also n1 at giving us alt-f4 back.. does pressing esc when black synced throw you back to the login menu again?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos
    [GENERAL]
    - Flag added inside file 'Neocron.ini' to activate/deactivate log-files for status of local player and damage in general
    * add: ENABLELOG = "TRUE" to activate this functionality (i.e. for runner setup)
    * add: ENABLELOG = "FALSE" to deactivate this functionality (i.e. for bigger fights)
    So is this what is causing the fps drops?

- Factor for psi-usage (usage of points from the psi-energy pool if you cast a psi module) reduced to 1.2 (was 1.4)
    - PSI-Usage of shields (single, group, sanctum) lowered (factor 0.75)
    Cool, helps PEs and Spies a lot.

[Items - Armor]
    - Added two new power armors for class spy - Mainskill DEX, TL 112, Orientation: P-C and R-C
    - Added three new power armors for class private eye - Mainskill DEX/STR, TL 90, Orientation: P-C, R-C and M-C
    Oooohhh....

//edit:
    Had a look. Is there a reason that the new ones have significantly higher armour values than the normal PA3s?
    Total armour on regular PA3: 132
    Total armour on camo PA3: 133
    Total armour on Regant PA3: 182
    (PE versions)

OK they have no dex (only +3.38 on regular anyway) but otherwise they are hardly different. PC on regular is +20, +16 on regant, but the +10 TC makes up for this.

[CONTENT]
    - Increased the rare part drop rate for high level monsters and added junk drops to some. Mobs with a skill rank of 120 or more should drop at least 1 rare part (up to 3). Mobs with a skill rank between 100 and 120 have a high chance of dropping one rare part (up to two).
    Spangly.
    Last edited by Dribble Joy; 13-02-07 at 22:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos
    [Items - Weapons]
    - General damage modifier for melee weapons changed: -5.00 percent (Reason: It's not possible to miss your target)
    Sure? Not even if the target is a player walking backwards?
    No point in having a sig if it just gets deleted for containing funny truisms!

Here is the new PA's for those who cannot get ingame.

-Will

Rifle spy PA is orange btw, not sure about rifle PE though.

Yeah, i only tries the two pistol's.

And i didn't try the melee either.

-Will

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast