Default Test Server Patch 163 Notes

[PSI]
    - The PSI consumption of modules has been increased from a factor 1.0 to 1.4
    - Conditions for overcast changed/fixed: The buff's strength has to be stronger than 125 % of the existing one and the duration has to be equal or longer
    - Shield decay raised: Incoming damage reduces shields by 15 percent (was 5) depending on the kind of damage
    - Self-/foreigncast ruleset deleted - new ruleset will decide between PPU-selfcast and normal cast:
    The algorithm verifies a runner as a PPU-Monk if he/she has an APU level wich is not higher than 15 percent of the PPU-level (+ class 'PSI Monk')
    - Selfcast (and boosted strength of effect) will stay active after zoning
    - Missing temporary effect on other players fixed (i.e. deflector)
    - A positive skill of the other psi orientation will reduce the strength of a psi-module (PPU <-> APU)

[NANO TECH] Click here for nanite explanations
    - Basic Protection Tool added (TL 28, 52, 76)
    - Advanced Protection Tool added (TL 72, 86, 100)
    - Nanite Pyrolizer added (TL 80)
    - Basic Organism Cleaner added (TL 36, 48)
    - Advanced Organism Cleaner added (TL 44, 58)
    - Personal Injector added TL 16
    - Specific ammos and ammo mods for nanite injectors added
    *** These tools, ammo and mods are sold by 3 traders in the Neocronstruct ***

- New temporary effects added for nanite activity and protection against force, piercing, fire, energy, x-ray, poison
    - New types of debuffing implemented: DoT-Fire, DoT-Poison, DoT-Energy, DoT-Xray, DoT-Contamination
    - New types of debuffing implemented: AntiHeal, AntiDeflector, AntiAbsorber, AntiProtector, AntiStun, AntiDamageBoost

[PSI AGAINST NANO]
    - Shields or heals of these different technologies won't work together and will be ignored if another type is active

[RUNSPEED]
    - A very damaged leg hitzone will not reduce run speed any lower than 50 percent of normal speed (was 40 percent)
    - The run speed calculation was changed to require more skill - in effect, all run speeds have been lowered to 95% of the old values.

[VEHICLES]
    - Damage by vehicle-weapons will now use the vehicle as the applier - not the gunner. If you get a 'Killed by' the name of the vehicle will appear
    - Damage by vehicle-weapons will be ignored by the passengers of this vehicle

[NPC HEALTH]
    - Modifiers adjusted to scale NPC healthpoints:
    - Low Level: 0.65 (was 0.75)
    - Medium Level: 0.75 (was 1.00)
    - High Level: 0.80 (was 1.00)
    - End Level: 1.00

[WEAPON]
    - Update problem with ammotypes fixed

[DRONE COMBAT]
    - Different problems with targets fixed (effect wich ended in ignoring damage on the server side)
    - Clip size of gatlin drones increased (factor 4)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos
    [PSI]
    - The PSI consumption of modules has been increased from a factor 1.0 to 1.4
    Ehhh.....
    - Shield decay raised: Incoming damage reduces shields by 15 percent (was 5) depending on the kind of damage
    15% per hit or....?

[RUNSPEED]
    - A very damaged leg hitzone will not reduce run speed any lower than 50 percent of normal speed (was 40 percent)
    Cool.
    - The run speed calculation was changed to require more skill - in effect, all run speeds have been lowered to 95% of the old values.
    Oh yay.
    Well it would be OK if the imps are ever fixed....

[NPC HEALTH]
    - Modifiers adjusted to scale NPC healthpoints:
    - Low Level: 0.65 (was 0.75)
    - Medium Level: 0.75 (was 1.00)
    - High Level: 0.80 (was 1.00)
    - End Level: 1.00
    Not enough as I see it, plus the dmg of a lot of them could do with lowering.

I stay in the canyons

Without testing i have to grumble at the npc health reduction. Not even nearly enough. In fact id be surprised if it made a difference.

Ill be testing after ive done some math... gotta do a test tomorrow
    Let hc PE's gun all 4x4 vechicle guns without drugs (make HC/melee PE's viable).
    Fix some chips (e.g moveon and marine).
    Put the noob stealth back to 10 sec (or give pe's another 10 sec stealth).
    Make more sense into the negatives on chips (they mostly don't make sense).
    Give PE's a better heal (e.g tl30ish)

Viarossa as CM refuses to build officer quarters.

STILL HUGE NERF ON TANK RUNSPEED ARGH!

Zheo Smash! Zheo Bash! ARGH *Turns green!

- Self-/foreigncast ruleset deleted - new ruleset will decide between PPU-selfcast and normal cast:
    The algorithm verifies a runner as a PPU-Monk if he/she has an APU level wich is not higher than 15 percent of the PPU-level (+ class 'PSI Monk')

Sounds like the needed nerf to holy hybrids.... Allthough if I understand correctly , this now means foreign casted Holy shields will be with full effect on any runner except APUs or hybrids. ie: Tank with 0 apu/ppu counts as self cast (75%) since his APU of 0 is no higher then his PPU of 0. Same with PE/Spy ?

Doesnt this make APUs severely weak in large scale fights? Since they will only be getting a 25% shield from their PPU whilst everybody else receives a 75% shield?

Default Usual cast and ppu-selfcast

I think there are few missunderstandings with this issue.

If a straigt PPU (see restrictions above) casts i.e. a Heal on his own runner he gets the bonus - no one else! If he gets a heal by another runner (ppu, hybrid, pe or spy) then this will be an usual cast without any bonusses - so for every other class!

A straight PPU can reach up to 80 % by shield or he gets an additional boost by heals - but only for selfcasts.
    ---
    "I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change." - Neo, The Matrix

Viarossa as CM refuses to build officer quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by John Doe
    I think there are few missunderstandings
    Yes like KK's missunderstanding of runspeed being important? Or are HC users suposed to have 20 agil and 20 ath, and then 50 resists? Hmm? Did I miss something there? Get rid of -agil and -ath and I'll be quite, also I asked Surface and another GM (forget the name) to protect me from your hit men John Doe so don't even try that muhaha.

The PE nanites are a bit useless as it takes 15 secs or so to remove their absorber, deflector or whatever and in that time the ppu can just re-cast.

I haven't yet tried out the spy nanites but the tank heal nanite i think shud be boosted because atm it sucks :P unless thats rele intended

Default Missunderstandings

@Zheo: Nice quote - very usefull Do you feel better now?
    ---
    "I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change." - Neo, The Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    Yes like KK's missunderstanding of runspeed being important? Or are HC users suposed to have 20 agil and 20 ath, and then 50 resists? Hmm? Did I miss something there? Get rid of -agil and -ath and I'll be quite, also I asked Surface and another GM (forget the name) to protect me from your hit men John Doe so don't even try that muhaha.
    He was talking about the PPU stuf....

I stay in the canyons

Yeah the PE ones seems pretty useless for the reason above. In addition to use nanites a PE need to lower his ppu.

ATM i cant see any use for the nanites. The ppu sacrifice to use them doesnt add with the fact that they work too slow and even if they would work fast... im having doubts on giving up the ability to heal better.
    Let hc PE's gun all 4x4 vechicle guns without drugs (make HC/melee PE's viable).

Default Nanites for Private Eyes

If you think about that we've added a good feature - these nanites are an additional option for pes (and only the first version of this feature). They should not be useless - if this is fact we will change them.

We've tried to put another feature into the game with variations from their psi-based originals. Give them a try and report your 'feelings'.
    ---

I stay in the canyons

Yeah sorry the useless wasnt really a good word.

PE nanites:
    My point was that in addition with PE nanites being very slow to affect the "antibuffed person", they also have very high focusing reqs.

They are simply not usefull enough for me to change my psi setup. I mean as soon as a the person sees himself being antibuffed, hell wait and rebuff. It might be ok but not worth much.

Love the concept but there needs to be a lot of adjusting to do. Also In my opinion the highest pe tools should be 50-60 focusing instead of 90. Might seem too easy but otherwise id doubt theyd be used.

Spy nanites are good tho. Havent tested em much but the only thing i grumble is that the higher one cannot combo mod like the lower one.

Going to do a bit more testing...

Default FCS Requirement for PE-Tools

We've discussed that too - but if we lower down the FCS-Requirement, we possibly put these tool in range from other classes. This was the reason for this high requirement.

But we can give it a try - point out your opinion about this fact and we will see if we have reasons to adjust this.
    ---

Why not something like a str 50 req? Added to a highish int/imp req and you won't get monk, tank or spy users (A PE only req would work, but it's a little clumsy).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast