Default [tech] VoIP telephony & mobile VoIP

GizmoProject or Skype?
    What works best on mobile phones, that support wifi?

I am recently trying VoIP telephony but it seems, there are undefined problems still. Tested operators that are supposed to work under voip specs, yet calls can not be terminated correctly. Who's got any RL experience? Any links?

Started using Skype yesterday, quite simple to use. No idea about GP though.

My phone supports VIOP as well

The Nokia N80 , had it a few months but enver tried it -

Id be intrested in trying it tho

@DJ: skype is not SIP protocol telephony, they use their own tech

@pantho: fist of all you need to check the firmware of your N80. type *#0000#. if its version is 3.xxx then its fine. Find or install the voip app called Gizmoproject. Make an account there. Adjust your wifi router/settings of your phonea and that is all. Your N80 is ready, and from what I know, Gizmoproject is likely to dethrone skype soon.

edit: you will be using your wifi local access point to call using voip, but take a closer look how this can be done by checking on www.gizmoproject.com and DM me your SIP so I can call you too
    Last edited by jini; 02-02-07 at 21:54.

Well you did ask about Skype....

yes I know, I just wanted to hear your opinion... or anything new... or a usefull link. Basically what I think besides the fact that all this is a bit new, is that I am having problems routing calls between different providers..

Quote Originally Posted by jini
    @DJ: skype is not SIP protocol telephony, they use their own tech

@pantho: fist of all you need to check the firmware of your N80. type *#0000#. if its version is 3.xxx then its fine. Find or install the voip app called Gizmoproject. Make an account there. Adjust your wifi router/settings of your phonea and that is all. Your N80 is ready, and from what I know, Gizmoproject is likely to dethrone skype soon.

edit: you will be using your wifi local access point to call using voip, but take a closer look how this can be done by checking on www.gizmoproject.com and DM me your SIP so I can call you too

You sexy dirty terrarist...

v3.0617.0.6

Ill try it 2morow..

So here is another usefull link I found out:
    www.fring.com
    access to Googletalk, skype & msn

Nice service, followed by a very comprehensive and cool site.