Well if they want HC PEs to be reasonably viable they are going to have to let PEs attain more +str.

*BURNER

once i cannot agree u dj, ... or i just misspicked on your last words.

more str would make pe's too strong without drugs. i would even say they will lower the str req. for str90 cannons to make the pe suiteable for these weapons (a hc/mc pe should be using in their opinion).

instead lowering the requirement for the str-pa's would make a sense to me. to gain more str from the pa, instead of pushing the dex-pe's to more str.
    i miss ya, pheebz

Well it depends on a number of things:

The relative strength of str to dex weapons of a given TL.
    How much HC HCPEs have availiable to them.
    How many str imps there are.

On another note, as with dex, there needs to be variation within each weapon. As I've said before regarding dex weapons (and this applies to all classes/sub-classes really), the current setup system means you either go for a high tl weapon with using lots of +main stat imps, or a lower one using defence imps (or somewhere in between). The problem is that while you end up with a range of different weapons being used but no variation within a weapon. You're stuck with a particular setup style depending on your weapon choice.
    This happens because nearly all the offence imps have main stat bonii, as TL still affects weapon performance, why go for an 'offencive' libby setup when you have 100 dex? You can't go for a medium or low defence judge setup as you won't then reach the dex needed.
    What we need are a small number of high main stat adding imps, and then a range of defence and offence items with no main stat benefits but high sub skill bonii. Something more like we had in NC1, easy to reach a weapon (but with the limited amount of +main stat items about a limit of how high each class can reach, remember that with no caps limiting a class is really only about class distinction) of choice and plenty of freedom within it.
    Last edited by Dribble Joy; 28-01-07 at 18:46.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234