Andy is a ginger minger. ashley watts's Avatar

Number 1 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    roleplay? Neocron? You must be joking look for Ashwatts I heard he role plays

option one, they die pretty often, so noone uses implants forever

I prefer option 2 tbh.....

If you can make imps repairable with no setbacks to the imp once its been repaired, I'd say almost any option would work. Otherwise, option 1. I do agree that the amount of penalty should be reduced if any of options 2-4 are used. Keep in mind the server pop, as it is now a pain in the rear to find an implanter, much less needing to find an implanter, researcher, constructor, and repairer... gee, anyone feel like playing for 5 days just to get your imps in and then die again?

As for armor slots... interesting, but that would work best if armor had a set # of slots (higher TL armor gives higher slots, with a max of 5 slots) was given a base % for one or more resists (higher TL armor gives higher base resists or more/different types per class,) and then slots would give additional % resists, so people could customize their armor a bit more (one has a poison belt that gives a small fire resist, and another has a poison belt that gives a small ener resist, and another has a poison belt that gives a small extra poison resist, etc.)
    The bonus per slot should be very low, only another 1-2% per slot so as to not be overpowering, but still useful for those going all out. People would have mutliple sets of pet armor.
    A side possibility to that is to make armor slots able to be taken out or simply replaced over. This would repair the armor slightly, too, without lowering the armor's condition (minimally, about 1-2%, so as to not make repairers useless.) Also, armor would have to be easy to build, find parts for, research, and repair, otherwise it gets crazy to even try using anything but basic armor for those of us who don't play 16 hours a day

Remeber, the secret to having a successful MMORPG is in the players' fun level. Do what most MMORPGs fail miserably at: keep things difficult enough that there's some point in playing and some reward for doing well, but don't make it such a levelling grind/item hunting grind that playing becomes tedious and boring. NC's got the content, setting, and system of a great MMORPG, but it may slip into those faults if things are overdone and the system gets so complex and convoluted that it takes a mathematician to figure out how to use an imp or gun. (BTW, I believe caps for items/guns/damage/etc. should be posted by KK, not some hidden facts that players have to guess at and refigure every time theres a patch.)
    Last edited by jonus; 08-02-07 at 00:57.
    I R Genius

number 1, it makes for less bs and more gaming.

Finnish Gimp

Number one, but if you really INSIST on choosing between 2-4, i'd say 4
    I'm with stupid, 24/7

Thge community response has been a strong majority in favour of...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Doe
    Alternative 1:
    The implants stay as they currently are (both on retail and test server). Quality has no effect whatsoever on the bonuses or penalties.
    What's the spin going to be?
    No point in having a sig if it just gets deleted for containing funny truisms!

Quote Originally Posted by Archtemplar
    number 1, it makes for less bs and more gaming.
    Jesus fucking christ your sig makes me want my Camo PA Judge PE back...

Oh lord...

Default Mikihi

Alt 1 me like!
    I are Stupid Tank, but I still are happy!

The reason people are picking option 1 is because we dont want a pointless waste of life in the game.

Similar to making mobs take a ton longer to kill.

And making everything more expensive.

And slowing down pvp.

I can't see anywhere in the initial proposal something about changing HOW items loose their condition. Yet it has been changed to degrade now when you take damage instead of the normal way according to recent posts.

Can someone confirm this please, as I really don't want to find out the hard way.

Strom Alchofrolic [79/63] Rifle Spy on Terra
    Fates [46/46] PPU on Terra
    Narko [43/47] Rifle PE on Titan

From what I heard, indeed head implants are losing condition as you are getting hit!!! No matter if you use super duper hitech armor or have physical resists, damage somehow manages to avoid all those barriers and be absorbed by those implants

So, what's the alternative you kept ?

Not sure who you're talking to calim, or what you mean even.

Anyway, it's been moved to the bug forum so lets hope and pray it is fixed asap, before a lot of people get sick and leave for good.

Strom Alchofrolic [79/63] Rifle Spy on Terra
    Fates [46/46] PPU on Terra
    Narko [43/47] Rifle PE on Titan

1 tbh cause you fucked up on items because on test server imps didnt get damaged when test server was on.... now on retail they damage when you get shot and FALL!!!!! out when your pking/levleing sort it fucking out even le's pop out.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast