Default Back from beta and NC1 - various questions

Hello,

I reactivated my NC1 account one week ago, and I must say I'm quite happy overall with the stability of the game so far.
    But... Being an oldtimer, I'm often confused with the way things work nowadays...
    I did a lot of Internet reading on NC2, but I still have kinda nOOb questions.

My character is a Tangent spy droner. We he was transferred from NC1 , I essentially lost my power armor, my TL150 tools, a billion blueprints, my vehicles, my rares drones and 4 appartments. (Note that I'm not complaining : have to start again gives a challenge).
    The main problem is that even with TL75 drones I'm * 50/63. Basic mobs don't give me any loot.

I have one general and one specific questions.

General : how would you make money in this situation ? It looks like there is not a big need of tradeskillers in terra. Should I concentrate on hunting ? Where ? (I don't hack so WB don't look like a good idea). Any other way to make fast money ?

Specific : At the second step of the TT epic you're supposed to speak to a guy at Point Red. This guys doesn't give me the mission. Is it bugged atm ? (French user interface). Or was it changed since the epic guide were written.

Thank you in advance
    --ClockMaker, veteran nOOb

Talking

Best way to get money is probably Missions or Hunting.

Chars transferred from NC1 to NC2 only kept their QB, armour and imp items. All keys (apt or vehicle) and inventory stuff was wiped.

What mobs are you hunting? A tl 75 droner should be able to take on WBs without much hassle and (provided you hack) lootable), killing aggies won't get you anything.

if you are a **/63 droner you should be able to use a much higher tl drone (if indeed you're dedicated to droning and not a hybrid of sorts) and therefor be able to hunt much higher lvl mobs which in turn will drop decent loot and give you decent money

ClockMaker! Hi. (you might remember me as Sinister Intent on Pluto. You made me a 3 slot energy beam which I proceeded to ultimate.. cause I'm like that.. )

The general question, get an aoe drone of any kind (rockets are best) and go to graves and kill snakes. Money+ and if you aren't capped good xp too.

Welcome back.

Personally I think the Chaos Caves is better than the Graves. You get a lot more mobs to kill and two particular mobs spawn high/low level babies respectively. Whereas in the Graves you usually waste a lot time trying to collect the Snakes together in a little group before killing them. You're more likely to find teams there as well, which can help speed things along a bit at times.

You'll be able to farm an insane amount of Chaos Creeper trophies from the Chaos Caves too. To see what I mean by that, go to the Plaza 1 'mainstreet' Apartment Entrance next to Archer & Wesson in front of the CityAdmin HQ and type in 'unrael' (not 'unreal', that's a different apartment ) as the password. I got just 4 of those on my PPU when helping Trill and a few other people levelling, the rest were from levelling my Pistol Spy (aka Unrael) to WOC Dexterity 1.

The only main disadvantage of the Chaos Caves is that as a droner with newbie Strength/Constitution, it can sometimes be difficult to start off in the cave by yourself unless you can stealth in and get to a safe spot. There'll usually be a mob that can hit you after zoning in and they'll be able to kill you almost straight away (they sting!) unless you're lucky or can do what I mentioned above. Sometimes you can just hide behind the wall after zoning in but sometimes the mob is already right next to the entrance.

As Glok said, RK drones are generally better too so just stick with those. Rockets may be a tiny bit uncontrollable but they do nice amounts of damage while getting you great XP at the same time.
    "If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem." -Bjarne Stroustrup

50/63 isnt noob str/con, he'll be fine in chaos caves using rk1000s =]

I was giving general advice but if you insist on nitpicking.

Being /63 as a Spy doesn't neccessarily mean you have high or capped Constitution/Strength. The chances are, that since his character is a droner, that he's nowhere near capped Constitution or Strength and therefore can't withstand being hit by even the lowest ranked of the Chaos Cave mobs. Even more so when you consider he won't be drugging to use Shelter or won't be using/won't be able to use adequate armour.

It's better to give someone advice than to say "oh, he's that rank, he'll be fine, don't bother".
    "If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem." -Bjarne Stroustrup

with 50/xx you can make easy money at elfarit scorpion cave all over 50/50 scops that givs 1k credits each,but if you get over 50/xx its useless to make money in elfarit

@unreal he's a cst (or was unless I'm hallucinating again) so probably has capped str.

ClockMaker, you res/cst right? I seem to recall handing over 1mio nc and saying 'make me an energy beam.'

Ye Elfarid is an excellent place to drone, also you may want to consider Regants Legacy

Thanks a lot to everybody who answered and cheers to the ones who did recognize me (a 3 slot spell... Whow, I was probably on a lucky day ).

I've started hunting firemobs like in the good old time and I was actually able to make some money. I now have a TL90 research tool

As soon as I can get a low level stealth tool I'm gonna pay a visit to the graves. Or maybe say hello to the bat queen. Does she still exist ?

ClockMaker, you res/cst right? I seem to recall handing over 1mio nc and saying 'make me an energy beam.'
    That might be true
    Still need to get my hands on the appropriate gloves... Mine didn't survived the account transfer from NC1...

Oh, and if you're looking for a repairer in Terra I really need cash atm