Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default better symp idea?

coincidentily i was going to post a thread on this the other day but got bored half way thru typing it and went out =]

i think it's quite evident that the SL system we've been using for the past year is a joke, and the SL system before that wasn't great either (which is why you changed). half of it doesn't make sense in rollplay terms, say you kill an enemy runner in a cave then go back to your city.. why would your own faction kill you, if anything they should praise you.

a lot of people have said you should scrap the soullight idea and just use sympathies which would make a lot more sense in rollplay terms, if you kill someone it should effect all factions allied to the faction of the person you killed as well as gaining sympathy with the factions that are enemy to the faction of the person you killed.

if you kill someone of the same faction as you, you should lose 50 fs to your faction, 20 fs to the factions allied to you, and +20 to the factions enemy to you.

if you kill someone allied to you, you should lose 40 fs to that faction, lose 15 in your own faction and the other factions allied to the faction of the person you killed, while gaining 15 in the factions enemy to the faction of the person you killed.

killing someone neutral should lose you 30 fs in that faction, lose 5 in your own, and gain 10 in the factions hostile to the faction of the person you killed.

and killing someone enemy to you should gain you 25 fs in your own faction, 15 in the factions hostile to the faction of the person you killed and -20 to the factions allied to them and -30 to them.

then make guards attack neutral runners with less than 0 FS, attack allied runners with less than -32 fs and not attack enemies who have more than 90 fs.

changing factions shouldn't be anywhere near as big a timesync as it is, it should also be possible to RP a real bad guy that's enemy to everyone without losing all your stuff if you die.

the numbers i've used might need tweeking (probably do), it should probably be harder to gain sympathy with allied factions by killing enemies than it is to lose it by killing allies, but not too hard..

it shouldn't matter where you kill them either, the loss/gain should apply everywhere, also team/clan members should be excluded from this.

anyway gimme comments and shit on what you do/dont like, try not to turn this into a flame against the current SL rules, it'll only be the 7th locked thread on the top of the page

Essentially what I have been saying for a long time.
    Dunno about the exact symp hits/gains for killing, I think it should be somewhat dependant on the symp you have with a faction as to the value of change.
    So killing a member of your own faction would depend on your own faction symp and the victim's. The higher yours is, the greater the loss, the higher theirs is, the greater the loss.
    So for example, if you had 10 symp and they had 10, loss would be smallish, if you 100 and they 100, it would be high.
    Same would be with all symps, the relative symp that you have with their faction and their symp with your faction would determine the direction and scale of the gain/loss.

So a CM killing a BD with -50 CM symp would gain CM symp and loose BD symp, but a CM killing an FA with 50 CM symp would loose FA symp and CM symp.

The next stage would be to introduce the symp of the victim in their own faction.
    So a CM killing a BD with -50 CM symp and -30 BD symp (assuming factions don't kick people untill about -32 symp) would gain CM and BD symp.

The losses with indirectly involved factions in doing this would also be affected. So a CM killing a BT with -50 CA symp would gain CA symp. Though a factor of a half would reduce the scale of these gains or losses in an appropriate manner.

As you can see this effectively ignores actual faction membership, so where do they play a part or even matter.
    Well, faction want their members to do things for them, so missions would still give rise to CAs being hated by TGs and so forth.

NPCs could be allocated symps so they would be of more or greater worth.

This would lead to factionless play to become more viable assuming more game world aspects are altered so symp affects them. Like:
    GR access/price.
    Vendor access/price (assign vendors a faction depending on their role, Eg A&W/HEW would be tangent, imp sellers BT)
    Guard response dependant on symp not SL.

Would also make CM life easier, either choose one side or spread yourself across, less positive symp in all places, but better access.
    Last edited by Dribble Joy; 30-10-06 at 18:07. Reason: Tweaks and additions.

Can anyone confirm that the TH missions give Soullight and Faction Sympathy?

After looking at the patchnotes since 150 http://www.techhaven.org/resources/n...patch-154.html I can only find reference to the TH missions giving FS, but no mention of SL.

Roger Ramjet fanclub founder SorkZmok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers

After looking at the patchnotes since 150 http://www.techhaven.org/resources/n...patch-154.html I can only find reference to the TH missions giving FS, but no mention of SL.
    I ran a few some time ago. Can only tell you they give +5 symp with the chosen faction each time but if i remember right they didnt give me any SL. Mightve been at 100 SL then though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kierz
    changing factions shouldn't be anywhere near as big a timesync as it is
    agreed, if you pay to play the game and have fun, you shouldn't be punished for wanting to play with friends.

Casius / lore

but its kinda blehthat ur anti one day and city the next thats what i think u should not be able to change over ALL the time like some people do *cough cough*

i'd be happy with a time delay

i haven't played for the last month simply because i don't play games that make you do meaningless work i.e. moving faction.

Casius / lore

me to say change well once every week or once every 2 weeks should work out fine i dont really care how much work u have to do to change factions it being easy would be fine with me, as long as u cannot do it all the time as in changing every day etc dont make sense.

We're going to be seeing a lot more of this now then.

10-30-2006 22:38:34 > DIRECT> JRieper : he
    10-30-2006 22:38:40 > DIRECT> JRieper : hey this is reaps
    10-30-2006 22:38:42 > DIRECT> JRieper : can you help me?
    10-30-2006 22:38:55 > what with? :P
    10-30-2006 22:38:58 > DIRECT> JRieper : sl
    10-30-2006 22:39:01 > DIRECT> JRieper : i need it up bad
    10-30-2006 22:39:06 > lol
    10-30-2006 22:39:11 > you aren't killing me if that's what you're asking
    10-30-2006 22:39:13 > DIRECT> JRieper : plz plz plz
    10-30-2006 22:39:16 > DIRECT> JRieper : damn whyw

If people don't have NPC's to gain SL off they just go back to creating 0/2 newbies or ask to kill people for money. This means it's even harder for new players because they won't have the ability to do that when they lose their SL.
    "If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem." -Bjarne Stroustrup

Could have blanked the name out unreal..

Anyway, it doesn't take more than 30 minutes to get enough symp for a faction change. That's from 10 FS to 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers
    /confirm
    Hoder
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Are you questioning the authority of the NEOCRON POLICE DEPARTMENT???«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

dont even go there brammers, those missions are a joke if you dont have a ppu, why should we need a team to get soulight?

Not to mention an entire day or even a week of repetition to get the required amount of SL/sympathy.
    "If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem." -Bjarne Stroustrup

lol just so I'm clear here: Killing NPC's for sl is an exploit, killing enemy runners at a gr for sl is an exploit. And the only way to get sl / symp back is to do these TH missions?

I only ask this because last night I was told by one GM that it was an exploit to kill npc's, then later I was told by another GM that it was perfectly legal.

I just want to be perfectly clear here as the GM's in game seem to be confused on the matter and I dont want to get banned because there is confusion.

Why not make the NPCs so they don't give SL? Why in the fuck would they give SL anyways if killing them is an exploit? I can't think of anything more retarded except maybe the apple that Adam's stupid wife ate...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast