Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Cut from the stolen Picture... msdong's Avatar

Default NC2.2 and Locallist

Hi folks,

its really late in the balance process to bring in new features but, how about removin the local list, or better only activate it with nano devices and spells?

yes this is an old discussion and ppl opinion is split nearly 50/50 but i think its time again to bring it in.

I don't see the point in changing it. It's fine the way it is and its bug free. Leave well alone.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Cut from the stolen Picture... msdong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo
    I don't see the point in changing it. It's fine the way it is and its bug free. Leave well alone.
    hmm, so its fine to see that ppl hiding behind trees without any special affort ?

Removing it; would mean not alerting people to your presence. Spys could actually hide. People would be taken by suprise. Hunting droners would be another thing...
    Last edited by pabz; 18-10-06 at 14:43.

The good old local list debate!

Hm, my opinion hasn't changed which is no opinion.. some things about it are nice some aren't. A glance at the local list in a crowded area is really handy if you don't want to target everyone around but the chances of being sneaky are greatly reduced.

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

you must not play droners then. Nor hasve you come across the new local lag where you see names of people that were there after they left, masking new runners with old runner names.

Just some more bugs neocron 2 created that never existed in nc1.

local list is fine. Maybe make it point of view, so you have to see some one to have their names appear. taking into account for distance of course.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Talking

Maybe make it a possibility in the F11 window "Show on Local On/off".

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name
    ylocal list is fine. Maybe make it point of view, so you have to see some one to have their names appear. taking into account for distance of course.
    Hey that's a really cool idea.. make it 'field of view.' I wonder how hard that would be to implement?

I'd prefer to only see Allies on local by default, which means you would have to stay on guard in came Enemy/Neutral runners turned up. Maybe incorporating Forget My Name's idea if it's possible. The local list takes away a bit of the excitement. You see someone unstealth near you and you automatically glance at the local list and see their name to to determine if they're hostile or not (you've probably seen them around and know what faction or clan particular people are in). I'd rather it was the other way around, where you had to target the person or look in their general direction to see who they are.

Clearly there are a few downsides to that, but there's always a downside to something isn't there.
    "If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem." -Bjarne Stroustrup

I'd prefer for it to only show people that are in your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Skusty
    Maybe make it a possibility in the F11 window "Show on Local On/off".
    i vote for skusty

Quote Originally Posted by giga191
    i vote for skusty
    Why? Why would anyone turn off their local list if everyone else had it on they would just be screwing themselves. On the other hand (not sure how he meant it) if you could turn off other players' local view of your presence um wouldn't every single player do that, negating the use or existence of a local list at all?

Agreed with Okran, this would simulate that the team is keeping up with each other. Other than that, you dont "see people behind you" so you shouldnt see them in local. now some of you may want to get into the whole "sound" issue. But for time being I strongly feel that local should not alert you to people you cant SEE, matter of fact it shouldnt alert you to anyones presence at all. You should have to literally SEE them in your field of view. Just like someone in a city setting. Even though people may be in your field of view, 90% of the time you dont pay attention to them.

SO in short

Local should only show people in team. end of story.

This would add a whole new level to hunting and make rifle spies, droners, and practial hiding usefull again. Its too easy nowadays to know that you are 10 feet away from someone just because they show up in local. Apus wont be able to "see" spies in local and hunt them down easily anymore. and yeah stealth is there for a reason, but what about tanks that cant stealth, normally they run away and still (because of local) people end up finding them and killing them as they try to hide. Well...... thats because they arent really hiding, even if you cant see them everyone uses local to find out if they are heading in the right direction. blah too easy in my opinion
    Terra ~
    (Drizoner) Capped Droner Spy : Hacker (ops,belts, mobs), Implanter tl 115, Driver (all vehicles), Repper, Stealths
    (Tankzors) Capped Hybrid Tank : MC primary, HC secondary
    (Seratoz) Capped APU
    (Healzors) Mid levell PPU : Hacks, Pokes

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Yeah, then people would complain.

If there is to be a change such as this, it would have to be everyone or no one.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

does it really matter if people complain? if they dont want to fight thats what the LE is for. If they do want to fight, then whats all this carebear crap about advantages that you wont have, when the system doesnt reflect RL in any way?
    Terra ~
    (Drizoner) Capped Droner Spy : Hacker (ops,belts, mobs), Implanter tl 115, Driver (all vehicles), Repper, Stealths
    (Tankzors) Capped Hybrid Tank : MC primary, HC secondary
    (Seratoz) Capped APU
    (Healzors) Mid levell PPU : Hacks, Pokes

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast