1. #1

    Default Some help building a character

    I am looking to build a character that can research and build things. I would prefer that the character can do both very well.

    So my questions are:
    1) is it possible?
    2) which race should I use?
    3) how high does research need to be in order to be effective for top level stuff?
    4) how high does construction need to be in order to be effective for top level stuff?
    5) effective leveling strategies?

    I would appreciate all constructive comments on this and thank you for your input.

  2. #2

    Default

    1) yes i know a few people that have done it and are doing it now.
    2) Spy
    3) tricky, for E techs you need like 220 to make sure you dont fail/destroy prob have something like 185 after imps 125 base
    4) some people think you need all points in Const some think you need a lower amount, who knows, to do both const and research you would prob go for like 160 after imps 115 base
    5) Drones, till cap or high lvl. Prob be best if you over cap then LoM, the higher you Dex/Int the better off you are when const'ing

    Imps - Hawkins / Special Science / TH CPU / LE (if you gonna be a tradeskiller it always best to keep it in) / Adv Nerves 3, and get a Research and Construction Glove and swap when you need.

    This isnt a set thing you can change it around to suit you, i have seperate chars to do both so dont quote me on this

  3. #3

    Default

    After doing some further research, I'm debating making my current droner (highest level character I have) into a droner/researcher. and then making a construction/pistol character for the construction part.

    Can a spy pistol fighter take on things like warbots, or let alone something harder?

    As I understand it, and after looking at the items database, pistols don't require any weapon lore, so I could effectively (with a little out for psi and hacking) dump all points into construction.

    Now a question about how to get datacubes or items back and forth between the two. Could I enter into another one of my characters apartments with a different character? Could that character access storage items in the apartment even though it's not his apartment?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harliquin
    After doing some further research, I'm debating making my current droner (highest level character I have) into a droner/researcher. and then making a construction/pistol character for the construction part.
    a droner researcher prob wont be the best idea tbh, you wont get a high dmg% on your drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Harliquin
    Can a spy pistol fighter take on things like warbots, or let alone something harder?
    yes they can

    Quote Originally Posted by Harliquin
    As I understand it, and after looking at the items database, pistols don't require any weapon lore, so I could effectively (with a little out for psi and hacking) dump all points into construction.
    you will need weapon lore for pistols not as much as you need for rifles but you do need it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harliquin
    Now a question about how to get datacubes or items back and forth between the two. Could I enter into another one of my characters apartments with a different character? Could that character access storage items in the apartment even though it's not his apartment?
    No, you cant open the door or cabs in an apt that does not belong to the char you are using at the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •