Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dogface
    It's not like in-game genocide of the monks would be a disgusting act or anything =/
    No? I guess the there is no one playing a monk atm so you are not banning a group of players from the game

Glad it's not up to you to tell me what class i have to play.
    Siege erzeugen Reden, Niederlagen Ausreden. (Dr Carl Peter Fröhling)
    Desperate Programmers - Zum Verzweifeln
    Construction Recipes | The base prize of items | Resistances

I stay in the canyons

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Max
    There is a word i'd call to that idea, but i'll stay with the description:

Practices, and institutions that discriminate against people based on their perceived or ascribed "race".

We don't need ingame genozide, k thx bye
    Saying that with a no more elves sig!

While i dont want elves id prefer one over a ppu. GenoCide? Its a game...

Oh and i doubt anyone is or was telling you what to play. But the fact remains that either you (when on a monk) are or have an overpowered buttplug.

kthxlikewhatever
    Last edited by awkward silence; 20-01-06 at 23:54.
    Let hc PE's gun all 4x4 vechicle guns without drugs (make HC/melee PE's viable).
    Fix some chips (e.g moveon and marine).
    Put the noob stealth back to 10 sec (or give pe's another 10 sec stealth).
    Make more sense into the negatives on chips (they mostly don't make sense).
    Give PE's a better heal (e.g tl30ish)

Don't think you understood the NME campaign.

The monk is as much an fancy little elve as the tank is a happy smiling gnome.

And iirc the elve is a bowyer in the Arcade. BAN THE PISTOL PE's for their BOW!
    Siege erzeugen Reden, Niederlagen Ausreden. (Dr Carl Peter Fröhling)
    Desperate Programmers - Zum Verzweifeln
    Construction Recipes | The base prize of items | Resistances

Dont forget monks hav some good toys

Truesight sanctum
    Holy Anti Buffs
    Anti Para
    Anti DB
    DB
    Holy Rezz
    Holy Thunder Storm

alot of good stuff most of us love in PvM and PvP

no Dont ban my Xbow i want to get one soon as i over cap my PE
    its a damn pain to lvl Pes dex and i think i deserve that gun if am able to use

if anything thay should let u slot it
    Last edited by BombShell; 21-01-06 at 00:02.

JOIN THE REVOLUTION ----- Remove ParaShock

Quote Originally Posted by Kame
    My point is this : You need 'magic' for EVERYTHING in this godamn game.

This 'magic' has become so important to be competitive in the game its not even funny, everywhere you go you see/hear ppl casting SPELLS !!!

....................... This 'magic' is killing the magic of the game. Period.

Im sick of magic.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Yes its all about monks and monks only, but the sad fact is that no one really cares about it.

KK are just as its community... /self edit - sorry but i cant think of anything good in this matter/, so the fanboy's mentality is the only expectable behaviour here. Fucking sad.
    Any colour you like as long as its black...

I want longer stealth :(

Well put by the threadstarter. I never looked at it that way until now. I do remember the first reading of the manual that gentanks were not at all developed in their PSI skills... but you still see then casting in combat. You put it correctly that it's the most common sound you hear. I never noticed it before now.. then it dawned on me... i never notice it because i hear it so damn often, my brain just blots it out.

First sign of trouble, you say you yourself (or on vent) "Did i hear somebody casting just then?" You spot enemies in the distance when you see them causing this magical circle of light to appear around them. You know you've stumbled upon an opwar because you see these white spiky things penetrating the night sky like a great big faulty searchlight.

So what do we do?

Limit spells to the monk classes only? Replace PE / spy / tank spells with drugs that have the same effect? Boost medikits?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzaki Iejir
    Also, let history know, nobby was the master stragetist in this battle, while the desk of help produced the small battleplan, nobby was the first on to spot the weakness in the enemy lines.
    Next time we go to war, that's us fucked then

Boosting classes is NOT the answer, if you do it soon we'll have 255/255 mobs in places like mc5 to "compensate".

read the history of NC then think about what you said in the first post, if you didnt read before you got the game then.....
    Monks have allways been a main part of NC, history tells you that aswell, if you dont want spells go play Planetside, no PPUs there

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Max
    No? I guess the there is no one playing a monk atm so you are not banning a group of players from the game

Glad it's not up to you to tell me what class i have to play.
    You're treating it as if it's a crime. That's what I'm saying. Step into the light dude, open the curtains.

/edit -

Jesus christ guys, I don't give a monkeys if monks have always been in the game. I'm not saying they must removed.. LIGHTEN UP IT'S A GAME. Stop going at people just because they say something which goes against your precious Neocron history or your precious monks.. These forums can make people come across as right asses.

I think, personally, that 3 lv of PSI stuff is too much.

-Remove Monk PA skill bonus

-Remove holy spell and make all non available holy spells available in blessed.

-Blessed PPU should be the highest, but the 'foreign' effect reducing the power of the spell should be removed.

-Rare spells should still be in game, but made hard as hell to cap by the lack of bonus on PA.

-PSI implants should do a HUGE negative to their opposite.
    (i.e. psi attack 3 -50 ppu)

-Reduce certain mob's configuration. (DoY assault unit,MC5 staff,juggernaut WB,Y troopers, anarchy breed) Let guards and copbots do as much damage as right now, that would make them uber and thats the level they need to have.

You asked for an answer, all i have is this.
    Now you guys can discuss about the pros and cons of my vision.

Hmm, lemon, KK openly admited there was a monk problem.

Last edited by Kame; 21-01-06 at 03:24.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kot
    Well put by the threadstarter. I never looked at it that way until now. I do remember the first reading of the manual that gentanks were not at all developed in their PSI skills... but you still see then casting in combat. You put it correctly that it's the most common sound you hear. I never noticed it before now.. then it dawned on me... i never notice it because i hear it so damn often, my brain just blots it out.

First sign of trouble, you say you yourself (or on vent) "Did i hear somebody casting just then?" You spot enemies in the distance when you see them causing this magical circle of light to appear around them. You know you've stumbled upon an opwar because you see these white spiky things penetrating the night sky like a great big faulty searchlight.

So what do we do?

Limit spells to the monk classes only? Replace PE / spy / tank spells with drugs that have the same effect? Boost medikits?

It hit me a couple of months after I started playing. There was a bunch of us, no monks levelling somewhere. Abandoned Tsunami, I think. It was pretty hard fighting, but at one point I stopped because I couldnt hear anything over the constant noise and it shocked me. What was this overpowering, dominating noise? The rattle of gunfire? Then discharge of energy weapons? Nope, it was the constant sound of about five people continually casting spells. Ever since then, even more so since I saw the critical thing about defence was nothing to do with con, all to do with psi ability, then I though something was wrong. I've actually come to quite enjoy playing monks, but I unquestionably think that psi should - A be less "magical", more TK/TP etc and B farrr, far less dominant in the game. Psi skills are the critical factor in this game...

Examine a perfectly avergage class. They cap at 60 in every skill. Feasible? It would be horribly overpowered. Not because 60 str od dex or con or int togehter are a problem. But because using dex or str 60 (+ imps) weapons, in addition to the nigh--on unkillability that blessed buffs gives you is excessive. Theres something wrong when ONE subskill of five, that is only the primary of one class is dominant. Theres something wrong when the warzones of a psot-apoc world are dominated by Thunderbolt spells and guys in cloaks.

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea if monks went back to the way they were before the big specialization patch (137?) in NC 1, and were just tweeked down a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogface
    Stop going at people just because they say something which goes against your precious Neocron history or your precious monks.. These forums can make people come across as right asses.
    Right now you, with your caustic comments & thinly veiled insults, are comming accross as one of the biggest.
    Last edited by Conduit; 21-01-06 at 03:59.
    I LIKE YOU!
    (when i rule the world your deaths will be swift and painless)

buff up the guns dmg bya few % and lower monk con

Quote Originally Posted by Conduit
    Right now you, with your caustic comments & thinly veiled insults, are comming accross as one of the biggest.
    They're hardly caustic and calling them thinly veiled is an understatement. They're meant to be.
    Just stating in my own special way that some people jump to the insult gun as soon as someone says something they don't like. When half the time they don't realise not everyone takes games as seriously as them.
    I try to be patient with them. But no. They bitch. Bitching is contageous.
    The end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast