Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default KK Killing our fun

KKs advertising being misleading:

Now as i recall it, when i joined this game, i never envisioned myself making a monk.
    Why ? Simply because i never tought we really NEEDED em.

The cover, the ads, the site... (apart from the forums) nothing was telling me I was geting myself into a cyberpunk-you-need-a-spell game.

My point is this : You need 'magic' for EVERYTHING in this godamn game.

This 'magic' has become so important to be competitive in the game its not even funny, everywhere you go you see/hear ppl casting SPELLS !!!

Guns arent even competitive, half of em sucks for PvP, especially when compared to magic. It seems to me like guns are more and more becoming a 'support' class.

This 'magic' is killing the magic of the game. Period.

As i said before I never envisioned myself needing the spells so much.

The way this game is going is wrong, it shows something (ads) thats not even realistic of the game really is going these days.

Utimately, i fell this : Fuck Holy spells. theres 3 lvs of PSI spells and we only really need 2 for pvp : basic, and blessed.
    I mean a blessed APU/PPU can take most classes.

Im sick of magic.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Quote Originally Posted by Kame
    Im sick of magic.
    Buy some Software and go into the Hacknet
    Quote Originally Posted by Slith
    Auch wenn er frueher fuer meinen geschmack zu oft (Lowbird-)Pistol gespielt hat ist Cadgar einer der verdammt guten PvPler, die einen mit jeder Klasse ins schwitzen bringen koennen - und das ohne Modifikationen. Davon gibt es wirklich nicht viele.

Das er trotzdem das Maul zu weit aufmacht ist denke ich verstaendlich, irgendwann wird jeder wuetend wenn er umengen an Bullshit lesen muss.

Hacknet looks and feel like a godamn spell.

I want a reticule, and a 'real' gun in my hands, that makes POP POP.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Utimately, i fell this : Fuck Holy spells. theres 3 lvs of PSI spells and we only really need 2 for pvp : basic, and blessed.

Im sick of magic.
    hum. ignoring ppus for now, holy lvl apu spells... depends on wut class is on the receiving end. If your a pe or tank, really you should be able to rip a solo monk to shreds as long as you know wut ur doing and have the right weapons. (of course this applies to the monkey as well).

but if you toss ppus into the foray (which i believe is the major gripe you have and i agree) we're screwed.

but unlike most people before me who blame it all on holy shelter, I personnally think its the HEAL. A ppu w/o holy heal is just a slightly beefier PE with less hp. and we all know a holy heal tossed on an apu makes the team nearly unkillable unless the ppu messes up.

So my solution to the problem would be to give heals the same foreign cast penalty that shelters/deflectors do. that way it will dumb down the effects of ppus drastically as they can no longer heal someone to full with just 1 pop =p. oh and also dumb down the foreign cast protection of buffs just a little more.

But peopel will now B&W (bitch and whine) about how useless ppus r. HEres a few things ppus will still be sexy for: DBing, Combat/Resist Boosting, Parashock (i hate this too but i dunt think kk will ever remove it).

in any combat situation combat/resist boosting is prime. And while most people dunt notice but DBing in any fight WILL turn the tables.
    I'm back. Fear The Red Douche.
    I R MINIC! HEAR ME ROAR!

Yeah, yeah, we've heard it all before. It's PPUs, not Monks as a whole, that are the problem. We get it already.

As a side-note: Psionics != Magic.

haunted motorcycle Scanner Darkly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Dragon

But I think Kame might be referring to the effect and feel of psi-modules, which is not dissimilar to spells or 'magic'. I think we all know the background on monks and spells and this doesn't have to be restated every time someone complains about monks/psi...

Kame
    Good point, i never really thought of it that way. Its not the PPUs or APUs or anything, its just the simple fact that this game pretty much requires magic.

Agreed, it is kinda odd for a "cyberpunk" game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scanner Darkly
    But I think Kame might be referring to the effect and feel of psi-modules, which is not dissimilar to spells or 'magic'. I think we all know the background on monks and spells and this doesn't have to be restated every time someone complains about monks/psi...
    If they can keep restating the complaint, I can restate the answer.

I stay in the canyons

KKs advertising being misleading:

Now as i recall it, when i joined this game, i never envisioned myself making a monk.
    Why ? Simply because i never tought we really NEEDED em.

The cover, the ads, the site... (apart from the forums) nothing was telling me I was geting myself into a cyberpunk-you-need-a-spell game.

My point is this : You need 'magic' for EVERYTHING in this godamn game.

This 'magic' has become so important to be competitive in the game its not even funny, everywhere you go you see/hear ppl casting SPELLS !!!

Guns arent even competitive, half of em sucks for PvP, especially when compared to magic. It seems to me like guns are more and more becoming a 'support' class.

This 'magic' is killing the magic of the game. Period.

As i said before I never envisioned myself needing the spells so much.

The way this game is going is wrong, it shows something (ads) thats not even realistic of the game really is going these days.

Im sick of magic.
    signed
    Let hc PE's gun all 4x4 vechicle guns without drugs (make HC/melee PE's viable).
    Fix some chips (e.g moveon and marine).
    Put the noob stealth back to 10 sec (or give pe's another 10 sec stealth).
    Make more sense into the negatives on chips (they mostly don't make sense).
    Give PE's a better heal (e.g tl30ish)

Everytime someone makes a thread with the word monk in it..
    Somewhere in the world..
    A child cries.

The Don sends his regards rob444's Avatar
    Sweden where polarbears are walking the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Yutani
    Kame
    Good point, i never really thought of it that way. Its not the PPUs or APUs or anything, its just the simple fact that this game pretty much requires magic.

Agreed, it is kinda odd for a "cyberpunk" game.
    I have to agree.
    /Rob

Roger Ramjet fanclub founder SorkZmok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Dragon
    Yeah, yeah, we've heard it all before. It's PPUs, not Monks as a whole, that are the problem. We get it already.

1. It actually IS monks as a whole. Look at opwars or just pvp in general. It's monks. PPUs overpowering APUs. Especially in OPwars. And everywhere else.

2. Actually i agree there, i've never seen psi as some sort of magic.

There is a word i'd call to that idea, but i'll stay with the description:

Practices, and institutions that discriminate against people based on their perceived or ascribed "race".

We don't need ingame genozide, k thx bye
    Siege erzeugen Reden, Niederlagen Ausreden. (Dr Carl Peter Fröhling)
    Desperate Programmers - Zum Verzweifeln
    Construction Recipes | The base prize of items | Resistances

What the hell are you talking about?

It's not like in-game genocide of the monks would be a disgusting act or anything =/

"Kthxbye" has been recently proven to be a major factor in the cause of retardedness in old-age by the way.

Casius / lore

tank are cool they need a boost now in damage to keep up with the rest of the classes and that would help them alot in op wars as well and they need to make holy S and holy heal LESS effective

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast