Thread: Neptune

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Neptune

I came back to Neocron a few days ago since a couple of my friends who used to play are meant to be returning (Namely Mephesto, Hawklord, Cybot and Tank) and joining the Nept server.

Well, I decided to take the chance and restart playing ALiCE, and I have to say I'm quite suprised. So far, I've only faced mild ridicule from a couple of people. One was blatently a moron, and the other was simply bored and appologised. I really do believe that Neptune could be an excellent server for roleplaying.

The players there are generally not all PKing 14yos with a bad attitude.

The streets are quiet enough to RP in peace without worrying about being interrupted by random OOC spam.

There are enough players, who aren't Roleplayers, but will RP at times, which gives us a head start in regards to sympathy.

The skill gain is fast, which means anyone worried about rerolling their char will be able to level up quite quickly (I got to 49/51* in 3 days).

There're still enough people who are Csts, Pokers etc, meaning that you won't be left without weapons and equipment.

We could easily unite all the RPers onto Nept and have our own nice little community.

Roleplaying is possible on all severs but I think Neptune especially has the potential for greatness when it comes to RP. Give it time and you will see what I mean.
    - MDK - is back! Reborn on the Neptune server and serving Black Dragon we have all your needs

Quote Originally Posted by Digital-Talios
    Roleplaying is possible on all severs but I think Neptune especially has the potential for greatness when it comes to RP. Give it time and you will see what I mean.
    I've already got a little group going. I RP a heck of a lot (yes, I admit I have some OOC conversations from time to time) and I've found a few players getting into the spirit when around me.

Seek me out Talios

i role play all the time... more in action than in words though
    Any colour you like as long as its black...

Quote Originally Posted by xyl_az
    Is that the "I'm blowing the hell out of, and then laughing at, you : cause im in an opposing faction" arguement. Like, must be RPing cause im killing the enemy kinda thing??

Quote Originally Posted by Mal
    Is that the "I'm blowing the hell out of, and then laughing at, you : cause im in an opposing faction" arguement. Like, must be RPing cause im killing the enemy kinda thing??
    not exactly...

but the question is: does it really matter?
    Any colour you like as long as its black...

Quote Originally Posted by Mal
    The players there are generally not all PKing 14yos with a bad attitude.

The streets are quiet enough to RP in peace without worrying about being interrupted by random OOC spam.

There are enough players, who aren't Roleplayers, but will RP at times, which gives us a head start in regards to sympathy.

We could easily unite all the RPers onto Nept and have our own nice little community.
    You think we have the makings for Pluto II ?

not exactly...

but the question is: does it really matter?
    I was just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Vryce
    You think we have the makings for Pluto II ?
    I think if it's possible, we should reach for it.

My roleplay style in not so many words G/j

Neptune could be a pluto. It has the potential for it. Im doing what I can and in two weeks we will see...
    - MDK - is back! Reborn on the Neptune server and serving Black Dragon we have all your needs

My roleplay style in not so many words G/j

Neptune could be a pluto. It has the potential for it. Im doing what I can and in two weeks we will see...
    Okay. The scoop is...

I'm gonna set up a website for us Roleplayers (so we can set up a roster etc) and also, I've been playing with the idea of setting up a Mercenary clan based in the CM MB. The idea being, we will be adding RPing and Politics to the game, and we will be able to balance the sides out in combat a little better, to stop pro city craping up and down on DoY.

This is obviously gonna take a lot of planning, but first I want to know if people would be interested in joining a Mercenary (freelance military) outfit on Neptune, since most neptune players are already established (capped chars, or in a guild like ETB).

If there's enough interest, I will be sort this out. Another idea was to integrate as many as RPers into a couple of clans (since I've seen a lot of guildless TT runners) so that they are instantly and easily identifiable.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

RP and PK can go hand in hand in NC on any server. They're mutually inclusive if you let them.

Quote Originally Posted by zii
    RP and PK can go hand in hand in NC on any server. They're mutually inclusive if you let them.
    Well, that thing is getting a good balance between the two.

No offense, but this thread is a nonsense, like I've read (and contributed in) tons of them on both english and french community talk. Usually, quickly turning into an ego contest after 1 or 2 pages, when not simply closed by threadstarters/mods.

Before you read the rest of my post, please have a look at this short attempt on defining what "roleplaying" is.

Afaik, there's no way to be a "non-roleplayer" inside a roleplaying game like NC unless you're working for technical staff or using the OOC channel as a MSN Messenger substitute. Once you get it, any speculations about who/what is good for RP will make more sense imho (although being a pretty relative/subjective topic). You start roleplaying at the right time you enter your first char's creation screen, and you will only stop it by pressing ALT+F4 or the ESC key.

Pretending that a community could be divided in two sides ("roleplayers" and "non-roleplayers"), tends to give neophytes an elitist idea of what roleplaying "is", probably discouraging a majority of them to improve it. Don't feel astonished anymore, when witnessing marginal players/clans exploiting or focusing on wealth accumulation and running amok against any common form of background-based logic, as long as you keep on dropping them out of the party with such scornful considerations about the way they're supposed to play NC.

Just think of someone roleplaying a mute, then maybe you'll get a slight idea of what I mean.

To get back into the main topic, here's my opinion about Neptune's opportunities : I think that its special rules (no safezones, no safeslot in QB, etc) combined with an (apparently) more mature population is a great chance for RP... its real weakness remaining a very low amount of people actually playing it.

Now for the one who are really still convinced that such a thread has a place here, I suggest they have a look at this sticky :

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    The Role-Play forum is here for you to discuss in-game issues in character. Anyone found not to be in-character will be executed. Have a nice day.

N

Well, your quote means your own post is in violation of the posting rules, but it's odd how you've not added this little submission to every other OT posts...

And if you'd been looking, I'm talking about a balance of RP and PVP. I'm not talking about establishing elite RPer rings or anything stupid like that. As stated, most people who don't generally class themselves as RPers are interacting with me, and others, in the vien of RPing, and making the effort. This is what we want.

It's completely stupid to think you can set up a pure RPing system, simply because no one would ever agree on what RP really is. The person who burst into the room and killed me in a couple of seconds is technically RPing, since we're opposing factions, but to me, I prefer interaction before a conflict.

The facets of roleplaying are as multi faceted as the human nature and persons personal opinions.

So please, stop making assumptions of our intentions. There is a lot going on "behind the scenes" that's being kept a secret for now, until the ideas expand properly.

Question

It is really reassuring that we have people here with an ounce of a sense of humour, always opened to discussion and not taking themselves too seriously at all.

But the question is: does it really matter ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast