Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Thiing is - SWG has its Wizard-Night combo, the Jedi...

Quote Originally Posted by ModeSix
    The point is, KK treats people here 'ok' relative to other companies.
    The difference is, SOE is a large conglomerate - it's understandable, though still horrible, that they ignore the playerbase... They can't even see their own figurative toes over their sizable figurative gut. They pull in enough cash so as they could turn SWG into Hello Kitty Atomic Demolition Derby Online and still make a profit from their venture.

I might be wrong, but last time I looked - reakktor doesn't have that much wiggle room, so keeping the playerbase informed and somewhat content is imperative. Running hot and cold isn't, well, so hot.

The Don sends his regards rob444's Avatar
    Sweden where polarbears are walking the streets.

I've played SWG, twice. It was only trial though and I always liked the game, you could build houses, mining facilities etc. anywhere you wanted on the different planets. Hell it was fun to actually measure wind speed in different areas to find the best place to put up my wind generators and same goes with mining, it was fun making tests in the ground to see where it was best to place a certain type of mineral mining building. SWG had an interesting environment and pretty nice graphics. And RPG in the game was very cool and combining RPG with macro was cool as well (I used to have hotkeys for "Yes Sir!/No Sir!" and made a salute emote for example). And I still remember the day when I was on my second trial, I was in a city in a desert somewhere, don't remember what it was called but a pretty famous one. I was building rockets, lots of them to gain xp and I built those timing devices that shot 10 rockets or something in a certain interval. I started to place around 15 of these around the town (I had to do something with them, I can't walk around with 1 ton of explosives on me heh) and when I did this, the imperial forces just attacked the town and took it over from the naughty rebels. When they did this my rockets started filling the sky with fire works and of course, the imperials thanked me a lot for the nice and warm welcoming. *imperial lover stamped on my forehead*

I had great times in SWG, it's a pretty cool game with much RPG imo, I do feel sorry for the entertainer class that has to macro all day, but that's another story

I find it hard to believe SOE has ruined such a great game with patches, all I can see is improvements...

Neocron is still the best MMOG though, especially in PVP <3.
    /Rob

Have you played since Nov. 15 rob?

The Don sends his regards rob444's Avatar
    Sweden where polarbears are walking the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix
    Have you played since Nov. 15 rob?
    No I have not and I don't think SOE have ruined their game.
    /Rob

I think SOE is doing a very nice Job i am not playing SWG but Everquest2 which is also published by SOE.
    Never had any problems or issues with the game itself or the support.
    But i am also playing Neocron and i am pleased with KK aswell

I played SWG March 2004-ish.

I crashed roughly the same i did with Neocron then (Alot more than i do now)

The lag was stupidly bad and i played in power point presentation mode with everything set low alot of the time

Balance was shite with there only being 2 viable combat classes

It was pretty damn buggy (Oh the joy of SWGs speeder elastic band bug which was worse than the NC equiv at the time)

And from what i've read around the net and seen in the form of patch notes and the expansions its only got worse with the "combat upgrade" royaly fucking over alot of the community and making being a jedi pointless.

As a result i played SWG for about 23 days and canceled.

NC > SWG tbh.

EDIT: And the time sync from 'trade skilling' was huge.

probably one of the few here that played nc and swg beta and retail. all mmo's are going to change from what they start out as. normally it's little changes until one day you find that the game you're playing is nothing like the game you started playing. so what if swg decided to make some major changes? would it be better if they made them little by little like neocron has? even if you dont like the changes of swg, thats no reason to let kk off with whatever they want to do. they're going to do it anyway but still not a reason to sit there and take it. i dont see how you can call yourself a nc1 vet and believe neocron is still the same. they didnt change the genre of the game but other than that, nc is very different than what it was.

btw, isnt tentacle or something kk's publisher not kk themselves? been out for a bit and i missed a few things.
    Last edited by kbned; 22-12-05 at 00:40.

SWG was fine the way it was.

Now the game has no depth at all, and a twitch based game on the laggy
    servers they have was a really bad idea. SoE really just want to kill it off i think

SiL ..:..

Quote Originally Posted by ModeSix
    That's right, I hate to say it, but KK is a far better game publisher than SOE is, at least their game stays somewhat like the original game we (NC1 vets) purchased back in 2002, not some effed up mockery of a game that SWG (I played SWG since month 2) became with the last patch.

Go look at SWG, then look at NC, and you'll see you're far better off than that!

(yes I know this is a bad comparison, but it's truth to the core, KK isn't so bad)

i am not paying sony ... so why should i bash them ? bring the friggin server online nibs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12