Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Keepin' It Old School Milenko2121's Avatar

Question is PVP still fun?

I was thinking of starting up again.
    I had some fun but when the PPU got out-of-hand I left because of all the BS so is the PVP good or is it still crappy?

omg its milenko,yeah pvps gotten better,ppus havent been nerfed but there not that bad=p

trust me, its crap

If you don't like the way PPUs were... well... they haven't changed.

Tanks can all cap all MC and HC weapons, so they all use shockers, as do spies and PEs, stealth use is rife. The sacred ground of the NF duel is not safe either, one guy I fought a couple of days ago used DB, para, the new tl10 heal (too powerful for solo fights) and medkits.

Otherwise PvP is as awesome as it ever was.

Depends what type of pvp your looking for.... if you like solo pvp then PEs are pretty fun now with the low lvl stealth to allow you to leave alive when the inevitable monk zerg arrives at wherever your pvping.

If you like op fighting , well thats solely the domain of monks nowadays, with a little space for a token tank or two.

Op fighting (or rather Monk combat) is slightly different now with the focus mainly on Anti-buffing and noob-sheltering its all rather hit or miss with the winners being decided pretty much by whichever sides Apu manages to anti-buff and kill the enemy Apu first... so medium sized fights will be all over bar the shouting in seconds sometimes.

In this regard , PPUs are much easier to kill then before, but also can be much more importany tactically in that whether your side wins or loses pretty much depends on how good your ppu is. A good Apu will get nowhere unless his Ppu is on the ball to re-shelter him when he is anti-buffed, or nib-shelter his victim following an anti-buff , not to mention the good old parashock and damage boosting.

So regarding the "ppu-problem" its kinda been fixed , but at the same time has been replaced by a bigger "monk problem"

Account not active yet

ppus are the same but now theres only like 2-3 people left who dont whore them. you will not even find a sync line fight without a PPU involved these days, and i am not exaggerating. i think people bring PPUs into neofrag now too..

and uh.. disagree with previous post pretty much completely; nothing about PPUs is fixed, and if you plan to use stealth like that you may want it in slot 1.

but answering your thread title; yes if you can get an actual fight. practical application, no.

other classes balance thrown off a bit with weapons being EASY to cap, especially pistols. pe can now full cap a slasher and maintain lowtech resists/speed.
    Last edited by eprodigy; 26-11-05 at 06:08.

Roger Ramjet fanclub founder SorkZmok's Avatar

The ppu situation got out of hand. It's not even funny anymore, you can't even find a place to zonewhore without running into a PPU.

On the other hand, i still play. My lone spy. And i still enjoy it. Most of the time.

Amazing thing:
    Went to cycrow today. For duels. No craptalking, no ppus. Was great fun. 2nd time today, i'm amazed!

Banned User

i fight at MB all day and most of the time vs fetish or any1 but en4ercs i can find a no ppu fight. Its normally just pe's these days. Of course u get a ppu that comes along on its own but no1 ever believes u if u say so, other times u get apu/ppu teams but if u wana pvp u got to get use to it, they r part of the game.

As i say mostly i just find fights with pe's, few other tanks and hybrids. The ppu situation is not as bad as it sounds aslong as u stay away from Cycrow or if u see a en4ercs apu in MB.

If u love the pvp as much as me or any good NC player just do what ever other ppu hating player does, and stand inside the MB safe zone until they get bored and leave.

p.s fighting fetish = teh win, best pvp u'll get or ofc being fetish

Keepin' It Old School Milenko2121's Avatar

well im leveling a rifle pe once again and its fun so far

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic-Crusader
    p.s fighting fetish = teh win, best pvp u'll get or ofc being fetish

MY GOD !!! We're actualy liked?
    STAFF MEETING NOW !! WHO MADE THIS HAPPEN ???
    HEADS WILL ROLL !!!

Banned User

haha just the fact you don't use monks make u more interesting to fight, im not glued to the floor 24/7 even when theres like 3+ of u with ur uber pistols.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs Gunny
    HEADS WILL ROLL !!!
    ....yes.....*looks from side to side* oops....

I stay in the canyons

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs Gunny
    HEADS WILL ROLL !!!
    I played a bit with asurmen when he was BD. We all know he's a fluffy little teddybear.

Seriously tho i have awesome respect on ya guys for not using ppus in pvp.
    Let hc PE's gun all 4x4 vechicle guns without drugs (make HC/melee PE's viable).
    Fix some chips (e.g moveon and marine).
    Put the noob stealth back to 10 sec (or give pe's another 10 sec stealth).
    Make more sense into the negatives on chips (they mostly don't make sense).
    Give PE's a better heal (e.g tl30ish)

Quote Originally Posted by SorkZmok
    Went to cycrow today. For duels. No craptalking, no ppus. Was great fun. 2nd time today, i'm amazed!
    I'm guessing fluffy wasnt online

Anyway, pvp is still fun, but it's kinda monk-o-cron right now =/ to bad really
    tank-o-cron was much more fun.
    -
    -
    Primate - Radium - Penny Lane - Virtual Angel

-

Quote Originally Posted by retr0n
    I'm guessing fluffy wasnt online

Anyway, pvp is still fun, but it's kinda monk-o-cron right now =/ to bad really
    tank-o-cron was much more fun.
    When KK introduced the Gaya Gloves, they should've removed Monk PAs.

I think KK should remove all PE/Monk PAs, and make tanks a bit stronger.
    Removing Monks PAs doesnt mean PPUs arent gonna be whored anymore, but it will surely seperates the good PPUs from the bad ones.
    Meaning bad PPUs can't deal with the lesser mana and will die alot more. meaning they'll start playing a different class.

PAs + Gaya Glove on monks shouldnt be allowed. that's what makes monks overpowered, not the skills behind a monk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast