The lip bug!

Dammit we fix that morale would sky rocket!
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Comie
    and theres your "family", the Phoenix Ltd family, if you need away to track all those linked by account theres the way to do it.

besides I never said direct family, family could be cousens aunts grandads in laws, estranged sons etc.
    I prefer the phrase "company" or "clan" if you really have to.

@ FN and Comie, when do you intend to use this "family" tracker? Perhaps a warning could be flagged up to clan leaders when they invited to the clan, such as.

"A genetic check reveals that the prospective member has DNA roots with other runners who are members of a different clan."

Or even.

"A genetic check reveals that the prospective member has DNA roots with other runners who are members of a enermy faction."

But thats as far as it should go. I've got another related idea, I'll post that up later.

In response to those who dislike making Plaza 1/DoY CC a non-safezone again: I only suggested this if the appropriate gathering place for citizens was also created:

Quote Originally Posted by -FN
    Now to replace the beloved Tradeskill zones, create Tradeskill Centers in both NC and DoY. Give them the Vendors tradeskillers need, booths that players can get accustomed to using, and create a generally nice atmosphere for people to trade and socialize in. We're never getting Playershops, so the least we could get could be a zone with built-in booths that people could treat like their own shops - and I'm not talking about that shitty Tech Haven Sec-2 setup - I'm talking more like the Stores on the Skywalk level of Plaza 1. Almost like office cubicles with a GoGo, a shop table, and then a plant or something to make the cubicle unique.
    Maybe that's not describing it well enough - but the vision in my head of this place makes me excited in ways it probably shouldn't...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ braydagner: Picture this...

Assuming P1/DoY CC stayed safezones, if you're in Plaza 2 running towards P1, instead of the zoneline being the way it is, you run to a large set of doors on the right and left sides which you click on to open and they open at about the speed of the doors exiting the Outzone to the Wastelands. When they're open you can go thru them and then into P1.

When you're in Plaza 1 and going into Plaza 2, you see the doors but synch right before you run into them. When you get to he P2 side you open the doors and go into P2.

This would (hopefully) prevent people from zonewhoring when in PvP - if you're gonna go into P1 from P2, you have to initiate the door opening, ppl know you're gonna bail, but it will be a few seconds... if you're coming into P2 from P1, you can't just zone and fire until you're almost dead and then zone back - you have to zone over, go through the doors, then fight...

It's just a matter of designing a physical choke point around the fact that there is a TECHNICAL one there. Right now it's not designed that way.

Does that make more sense?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Nid - feel free to rename the thread Basically, we have high hopes that 2.1 will bring the population up - when those people get here, in time they will most likely share a lot of the annoyances and frustrations that many of us are already quite... intimate with. Knocking those barriers down asap [after 2.1's release] to RETAIN the new players is something I just thought would be important.

Retention, retention, retention!
    Last edited by -FN-; 10-11-05 at 20:08.

Im thinking the new peeps coming to the game will be annoyed by the pe lip bug
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

I want the mutants of the new Website Teaser in game .

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

hmm pe lip bug? i just thought that meant the pe was thirsty. if u drink coffee it usually fixes the lip. at least it does for me.
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

HOLY SHIT!

LOOK AT THOSE THINGS!

Mutants got a tan!

something wikid this way comes

Mallets fix everything

Paypal.

And, er, paypal.

And... paypal.

I know a few people who would reactivate for the sake of 2.1, if Neocron had a viable payment method - rather than the dodgy backdoor shop that is click2pay.

HOLY FUCK

Was that a hurler in the background being fucking huge O_O

Am hoping for new char skins. the nc2 skins are awful i want the old ones bak.

I miss my sexy tank and my Hip sunglasses wearing PE

JOIN THE REVOLUTION ----- Remove ParaShock

Quote Originally Posted by Xian
    Paypal.

And, er, paypal.

And... paypal.

I know a few people who would reactivate for the sake of 2.1, if Neocron had a viable payment method - rather than the dodgy backdoor shop that is click2pay.
    Aye - there's another EXCELLENT point - partially from personal experience (I had to fax a copy of my F-ing Pennsylvania Driver's License to somewhere in F-ing EUROPE - COME ON!) and partially from witnessing the insane amount of hurdles many people have to go through - NC 2.1 may be an excellent product - but can people easily sign up for it? Ask yourself that KK...

Sorry if Im going a bit off topic, but what are those mutant things in the new link? new skins or what? dont get me wrong, there damned sexy Texture meshes and models man, Great to have new targets^^, actually kinda scary too, definatly one be shootin at in dark dungeon esk place.

PS-fix lip bug, and gimme my PE's glasses back
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeon
    KK will fix this eventually.

I've starteda thread on the new muties so we can discuss these cretins

Mallets fix everything

Quote Originally Posted by -FN-
    Aye - there's another EXCELLENT point - partially from personal experience (I had to fax a copy of my F-ing Pennsylvania Driver's License to somewhere in F-ing EUROPE - COME ON!) and partially from witnessing the insane amount of hurdles many people have to go through - NC 2.1 may be an excellent product - but can people easily sign up for it? Ask yourself that KK...
    Not only that, the trial. Making people sign up to the c2p site, which really doesn't look the most trustworthy of sites at a first glance (js errors included, in firefox at least) is very off putting. The inconsistant or lack of billing? Blah blah until everyone's blue in the face and making loads of threads about why it's happening.

With more people you'll have more ideas and we can hope that KK will continue to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xian
    With more people you'll have more ideas and we can hope that KK will continue to listen.
    This is a fundamental issue tho - More people means they had to have successfully signed up and be playing the game - I can't even imagine how many people were turned off by NC simply by the payment mechanism. Like I said, playing NC2 for me required:

- Several calls to and from Europe via their 1-800 number.
    - I had to fax my friggin DRIVER'S LICENSE to some place in Europe
    - I had to bang my head against the wall for hours because their stupid website doesn't support Firefox (and after several emails over the past year, they send me this generic auto-reply each time with NO fix to a problem they've been made aware of by a ton of people)

Let's be realistic, is some person, who's not nearly as addicted to Neocron as we are, going to go thru all that fucking trouble? Hell no. And I don't blame them one bit.

There are a million other card processors out there, more internationally friendly, and more TRUSTED (a la C2P's obvious association with online gambling) than Click2Pay. I doubt moving from C2P is feasible at this point - but alternative options to a company that makes you stand on one foot and sing the Canadian National Anthem backwards while wearing a chicken suit in July who then bills you randomly different amounts each period HAS to be a viable option somewhere along the line...

I don't hate C2P for my shitty payment experience; I bent over and took it because I was going to play Neocron "no matter what". I hate C2P because I'm sure well over 50% of the people who run into that bullshit simply won't even put themselves through that to try the game, let alone keep their subscription

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast