Lightbulb Neptune : It needs real changes !

Well, i wanted to talk about neptune because everyone knows WHY this server is so low in population, i would kinda say it's because there isn't real changes that could makes it a so called "PvP Server". To me tis server just seems to be a no event-server with a few settings changed, which makes it really useless to play at this right time.

To me, this server could be really better with a new "System" on it. We call this PvP ? you have exactly to do the same things to put up a character as a normal "RolePlaying" Server, expect that the xp is 125%. What do you really wanna do when you come into that PvP server ? Xp a char ? do epics, do 256 mils for Ceres ? hunt 7 hours to get a 2 mils + Ceres Disc + Crossbow ? Those things are meant to be rare on a RP server, that's normal, let's say if you own those really rare stuffs it makes you able to change the background stories of your faction, but on a server PvP what is it for ? just killing people.

My idea is, there shouldn't be problems with tradeskills at all. By this i mean, that every players should make their OWN work on their OWN chars, by PvP we mean Player versus Player, so what's mostly going on on that server ? Duels and OP wars. When you wanna do PvP, you don't wanna talk about hours to just get a weapon constructed and other stuffs like that. So, as stupid as it sounds, there should be high level gloves with low or NO requirements. By this i mean there should be +250 <tradeskill> gloves in-game.

I know, first thing that you'll say to me is that "OMFG, ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY?!?!?!?!", no, i'm not, i just give ideas to a server that is mean to be PvP, where people fight each others and get fun, instead of spaming the usual Trade-NC for hours just to get a TL 10 thing built. Come on, we are on that server to fight, we are there to do fun duels and OP wars and such things like that.

Giving those gloves would give players a lot of other possibilities, also i'm not finished, now think about the weapons that drop in a belt that doesn't needs to get hacked. Just imagine, you are around with your best weapons 5 slotted ultimated, and then, you get killed and then lose that weapon, how much time you need to get a weapon like that again ? What will you do the most on that server, PvP ? or hunting during hours to get what you lost back again.

I know we can't change much Neptune, but, there should be an other tradeskill and Weapons based System, a System which would be based on Money. I don't know if it's even possible, but to me, to make it easier, there should be special NPC which sells rare weapons directly to the PvP players, for some money (like the players would sell them, 1 mil each, why not). Buying those weapons for that price is hell a lot yes, but the Money System should let you win 250k to 350k every UN-ID sold at YO's for exemple, i don't know, this thread is open for any ideas. That's my point of view for a real PvP server.

For the others options, XP should be from 200% to 300% faster, SL should be kept as the same as the other options mostly. I don't know how, but Neptune needs changes really, and everyone will agree with me i guess, this server has a low pop and it could be really better with other rules.

Edit: oh, and for the FUN of it, don't allow monks there, i please you
    Last edited by Neally; 02-11-05 at 15:19.

Well dam.

The main problem with Neptune from what i know is the LE tbh. People don't mind levelling , finding rares etc.

Ok you want rares sold from NPC
    All players able to Cst.
    so you may aswell remove the need to level and give everybody full points to distribute as they feel fit.
    Sell all FSM items through normal vendors.
    Sell Gamma bones, inq armour in accessable places.

So what do you have now? CS with zonelines and vechs thats all.

Not for me.

People will still need cash so you may aswell make everything free aswell

Closed - Until Further Notice

tbh i love this idea. put in +250 gloves and different gloves so you can make your own weapons tbh....a ress glove and a const glove...and hell the server would be alot more fun to play

Well those rules may sounds stupid but, also i don't wanna make it like the old testserver, i just want Neptune to have an other system, maybe not as easy as i said, but an other system than when you get killed you loose a weapon taht you'll take 60 hours to rebuild again.

The xp should be lower i guess, also, no, i never said that everything should be free, not even rare weapons, but htink about it, it's a PvP server, not a PVM one. rares weapons should be available from NPC i think, i never said it should be a rare 5 slotted for 12 NC, is aid it would also costs stuffs, but, have you ever tried to cst a weapon on Neptune ? a rare weapon ? what everyone uses on neptune really ? crossbow ? Tsu Rifle ? why is that ? coz it can not be dropped afaik.

ps: maybe gloves should not be +250 but lower, but, if you don't like PvP, you won't like the idea. I just don't say everything should be as i said, i just launched idea on my basic thinking.
    Last edited by Neally; 02-11-05 at 15:26.

It could have been a good idea, if the le was removed, para was removed and it had a great deal of marketing to acompany the startup.
    Now it should just be closed down to save on servercost.

My comment about money wasn't saying you had said that. I was simply taking a general feel from your post which was you wanted more PvP time.

You will still need cash so you will still need to PvM thats all, unless you start a system where you are rewarded per player kill but thats another idea...

All i'm trying to say is that we are playing an MMORPG and even if you remove the RP bit your still left with MMOG not a FPS like CS etc.

Well, never i said i didn't want PvM to be in a PvP server, but think about it, what's the most boring stuff to do on a PvP server where you wanna play : CST weapons from parts or hunt parts to get money to buy a ready weapon ?

So here it is, you wanna say i would make it a big CS party, it's easy to say it' slike CS, HOW IS the fact that a lto of players still fight at sync zone line from plaza1 to plaza2 on Terra ? you call this RolePlaying either ? If the fact that 2 players fight WITHOUT a RP reason means we are in a CS party, then give players what they want, let's do a big CS party on Neptune !!!

I don't know but, i played CS, i played Neocron's PvP, and i don't know why people always have to tell Neocron's PvP is like CS. So now, i can start saying everyone who invent story of neocron's Roleplaying should go play The Sims or something else ? in my idea i never said everything should be easy, but it must have to be at least EASIER to make what people really want to do: PvP ? (CS party if you like)

The fact you have to hunt for XP/rares parts (to make money by selling them) still stands "MMOG" for me, and let you access PvP more easly. On my first post, yous hould ignore 200% to 300%, it's just a Basic idea, but it could be lower, i agree ppl needs a minimum of giving-time to their chars.

Getting a reward when you kill someone ? i tought about that, why not make dog-tags able to get sold ? but eheh...when you need money you ask someone to create a char, you overkill him and get all the DT and then sells them to make lot of money ?...

ps : even if those things isn't a real good idea, i still think the gloves are, because they let you being faster, i don't think it would take really a lot of time to create and insert them on Neptune.

MiG, Tactical Ops (Brute)

These are okay ideas although I think I prefer the adrenaline rush of fighting where I stand to lose something I've spent a lot of time acquring, like in early NC. In fact people on the trade channel on neptune the other night were discussing how they thought lack of safeslot ruined the server, whereas, in my eyes, safeslot didnt do many favours for neocron when it first went in.

Something definitely needs to be done to neptune, LE removed for sure.

I did have some ideas about neptune, such as decrease the 'Process' time for all tradeskill activities and increase money from mobs. I've very little faith in KK putting the effort in to fix neptune, at least not until after evol 2.1.
    Brute and Quazar on Neptune
    Merked, Broken Records and Brigand on Terra
    You may remember me as: Brute on Saturn or numb on Pluto

Roger Ramjet fanclub founder SorkZmok's Avatar

The only problem is the LE.

If you want pure pvp, i suggest www.planetside.com.

Quote Originally Posted by SorkZmok
    The only problem is the LE.

If you want pure pvp, i suggest www.planetside.com.
    I wonder why everytime i name Neocron's PvP everyone send me to an other game like PS or CS. First, this thread is not here to discuss RP and PvP stuffs, i don't care if ppl think neocron's PvP is like CS, or any other FPS. PvP is going on everywhere, on Terra, on Mars, and even on mercury even if low pop. All i want to do here is, saying that Reakktor done a PvP server with bad rules, which doesn't make it what it's meant to be.

I do like Neocron's PvP, i don't care of PS or CS or Q3 or UT. PvP of neocron includes Neocron's world, Neocron's PvM, and links between players in the community. I don't know why everyone usually imagine that because 2 players are fightning each other they hate themself or anything, when i do a duel, i win or i loose, what's the matter, i just played a good Neocron duel. I guess Reakktor created that server to allow people who wants to fight to make it easier.

LE still stand as a problem, but i'm sure something can be done about it
    Last edited by Neally; 02-11-05 at 16:42.

I think it's kinda funny some people want everything handed to them on neptune so they can go rushing off and fight...when neptune was originally be talked about (so when nc went retail =P) all that was wanted was a server with NO le's and NO safezones...instead we got terra with increased xp gain and shorter synap...if you make it too easy to do ANYTHING it'll become like the test server was and people will go there only to test out setups...you've already got the enemy sides seperated...people could lvl for a while in relative peace, at least for a while...really, I guess what I'm saying is that there is absolutely no reason to make the end game easier to achieve for the people on the "pvp" server than on the normal servers...they're not paying more for special benifits...they didn't do anything to deserve different treatment

All I say needs to be done for Neptune is remove the LE and safezones completely and either get rid of the safeslot or dropbelt and go back to like it used to be and the item you drop is free on the ground
    --Dade
    Pluto
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

LE Removed - Killed Neptune, Or old LE's which basically forced u to remove it 33% pen. Skills,Stats,NC,and etc.

ParaShock Removed - Main reason y i left for about a year

High Drop rate - First Retail Saturn had no safeslot. We all had rares to lose.
    Then peeps complained about it not being as rare. and i see it never mattered their goint o get a rare nomatter wut.

Wuts up with TS rifle y does it do so much damage well TT weapons are just junk. It can almost compete with rares which is fine. Just make TT wepaons stronger. So not just rifle players hav the advantage with out rares. and never stronger of a rare of its class.

Only 1 zone in each should be safe zone TH,NC,MB,DoY for Traders. whos cares about zone hugging pkers. when u got a gr

Edit-- Remove most of the guards in the citys. and Sl shouldn,t be heavly pen. by dropping mad items but a symbol of who u r in the game a killer 1 -sl per person u kill. which makers u a killer for bounty system which peeps can track u down and kill u. with out u losing crap liek u did something wrong. and +1 sl for killling a -sl peep which will make u a guardien or murderer
    Last edited by BombShell; 02-11-05 at 18:03.

JOIN THE REVOLUTION ----- Remove ParaShock

This is my thoughts I wrote in an earlier post on this subject:

" For the LE's on Neptune maybe something like, after you do the Epic for your faction that you start with, you get a warning of what is about to happen and your LE pops automaticlly and that is about LVL 45 also make it so the Epic rewards don't work for LE player's or OH an idea . You can start the Epic with the LE in and about half way through you contact for your faction will say to you,

" If you con't on this path at the end of your Epic run you will receive your Epic reward and your LE will be removed. But if you don't want your LE removed you will only receive a cash reward and the title of Master also you will be unable to use Epic reward from any Faction. Which path do you choose?"

It's a PVP server the rules are different. People have to be made to under stand that. So you can either pull the LE out yourself and get all the Epic reward buy joining all the faction or LVL up abit do the Epic run for your faction and have the LE pulled out automaticlly or choose to keep the LE in and you get no Epic reward(except for the mention above). I think that's fair, it's the price you pay for keeping your LE in on a PVP server."

Just remove the dam LE for non-tradeskillers, give the thing a Requirement past lv 30 ish of either CST or RES.

No not IMP or REP we know these are secondary skills