Allow me to rephrase my previous post..

I played Neptune, capped a monk, ran around, could not find anybody to kill without an LE in, so left my LE in, tried to find people to Neofrag with and then left the server. THEN I found masturbation much more exciting, and constructive. (And as a note, why did it get edited, if Assman can post about having sex with dead corpses?)

All in all, I doubt I will return to Neptune until the overall population of all servers reaches double digits. Its just gotten so boring in the community with nobody really around

was runing through MB today and saw a zoneline war again...i was on my LEd tank so i stuck around for a while, and a anti actually said something truthfull...Red = Dead. the best thing ive heard in months. that is how NC should go.

Saturn, New Dawn, nuff said.

There was no allied pking, it was Red = Dead, pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    Saturn, New Dawn, nuff said.

There was no allied pking, it was Red = Dead, pure and simple.
    Back then it wasn't red vs. blue.

Quote Originally Posted by sultana
    Nope, it was Monk vs Everybody Pre-Nerf Hybrids, then after the nerf ND kinda died...

Quote Originally Posted by sultana
    Thats true, that was when you had to be careful who your friends were, because they might be enemies with another of your friends which would cause conflict (which on Saturn was the basis for most PvP ).

Damn, miss Saturn

TANGENT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Xeno LARD's Avatar

There should've never been that many servers. 1 slot international, 4 slot international. Done. Then get rid of some of those stupid carebear rules.

PvP Server Changes:

Starter Apartments are safezones (Everyone then has a safe area from the word go
    No LE on the server atall
    MC5 Newbie area is Safezone (Can level the first few levels there pretty easily now because of the XP Increase
    No other safezones in the game

Soullight Stays as it is (to curb on newb griefing or if someone has limited GR's)
    Faction symps start and are locked at 50 in all factions
    FSM Access is changed to 50 symp (All can access their factions FSM, reducing the need to spend days findin others to buy you stuff)

Live in Hope, Die in Sync Selendor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -FN-
    PvP Server Changes:
    Instead of finding a constructive way to make PvP flourish on existing servers by, oh, I don't know, working on the Soullight/Sympathy System, creating a universal Neofrag players can enter from their respective cities, or about a dozen other constructive ideas that have passed through these forums, you're making a new server. The amount of wasted time and resources on this new server... for what? So you can remove a few safe zones and let people grief eachother over zone lines to their heart's content?
    That is a quote from Fn when the pvp server was announced, and I heartily agreed with it. Its a flawed business decision, as was launching too many servers when Neocron 2 started. You should have had one server and then grown it if Neocron got more popular.

If you search my posts you will also see that I warned KK to be ready for the end of the summer when a lot of people stopped playing. I said they needed to do 5 or 6 big changes that would not be that hard, but they have done little - maybe they have all gone on holiday too.

All I know is that they pulled the populations around by launching Neptune, and now all servers are suffering. I try to log on to Terra but its so depressing, all chat channels quiet, 3 people in Tech Haven, very small clans not op warring enough. Bah, I'll stop posting now as the whole situation is depressing.

Edit - and what is the point of calling it a pvp server when its full of LE's and people who won't drop their primary weapons because they are epic one's! You just end up with a server with easy levelling and the same pvp as before. You had to remove the epic non-drop status to achieve what you wanted.
    Last edited by Selendor; 19-10-05 at 15:09.

Remove LE, Introduce the trading island (Everryone has a GR link to it and GR to and from it ) .....

remove all other safe zones .... remove LE's or at least deactivate themat level 40 (Even this is a push) .....

Remove reqs for License keys from all items ... Man I have been spamming for
    DRE, FA, TG, TS, and a few other lic keys for about 2 weeks now, and not one person has come back to me ....

Yet I constantly get asked for a Bio chip or a Eye of some kind .... make me think ?.....

Remove faction only items ... introduce smugglers for these (Remember this is supposed to be a PVP server .... why are these role playing elements in it)

One thing I can't gather .... Biotech makes chips .... why wuould they design a chip to use a TS license .... how stupid are they ... .[ edited ]
    This is like sleeping with the enemies .... .and on this specific server no one actaully has the symp (Or they have others reasons for not helping .... )
    Last edited by Lodar; 19-10-05 at 15:27. Reason: Political
    You can imagine the big "OH SHIT!!!" expression on our faces, when we realized the aftermaths of this incident. But at the end of the day... we're only humans...
    http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=113418&

I stay in the canyons

Quote Originally Posted by Crest
    [ edited ]
    Getting a bit political but i have to say it... probably yes! I mean his daddy taught ozzie the ropes. Aint we all saints ...or angels?
    Last edited by Lodar; 19-10-05 at 15:27.
    Let hc PE's gun all 4x4 vechicle guns without drugs (make HC/melee PE's viable).
    Fix some chips (e.g moveon and marine).
    Put the noob stealth back to 10 sec (or give pe's another 10 sec stealth).
    Make more sense into the negatives on chips (they mostly don't make sense).
    Give PE's a better heal (e.g tl30ish)

Quote Originally Posted by Crest
    [ edited ]
    Most likely

--

Anyway, the main flaw of the "pvp" server is that there is no room for it in the
    codebase, and they have said that they don't want two codebases, well then
    they should rework the one they have, because as you say, if this is going to
    be a PvP server where you lose your weapon, armor and other things all the time
    there needs to be some kind of easy(er) access to those things.

I dont even mind people using epic weapons to fight with so they don't lose their
    weapon, i'm there to pvp not to fill my cabs with shit i don't need.
    Last edited by Lodar; 19-10-05 at 15:28.
    -
    -
    Primate - Radium - Penny Lane - Virtual Angel

-

There has been a good momentum for Neptune when it started.
    Only that, rules werent enough to sustain it. The business decision was right at start, but it also was left alone. They left in in auto mode and server died. This however shows us that (strangely) there is still hope for neocron, there is still a core of trusted players refusing to leave the ship.
    Dump Neptune for now, and try salvage what's left on other servers, then solve Neptune again. Put content in, do as FN suggests from this excerpt that selendor show us, do something.

Quote Originally Posted by vashtyphoon78
    was runing through MB today and saw a zoneline war again...i was on my LEd tank so i stuck around for a while, and a anti actually said something truthfull...Red = Dead. the best thing ive heard in months. that is how NC should go.

Clan on Terra (BD Clan) was RID - Red is dead ....
    Then i get told thats not role play .......

But seriously if it werent for the slow drop rates of rares, and the fact that no one gets license keys for me It is taking longer to get my LE out, as i am not ready ...

For Example
    My Droner is 350mill points passed capped .... He has (through hard work of my monk and friends monk) got 1 more mc5 riggers tech to get a riggers in Yet he has not got a SRI, cause either guy want some ridiculous amount of cash, or no one has access to the license
    200k or 250 k to go inot a fsm, buy 40K worth of parts and hack something .... which is a 500% profit .... Thats a joke .... I would rather create a TS ... run tons of missions (Recycle and focus on this skill as its the quickest) and then buy myself ... and use all the cash from this ....
    go into hacknet get 50bps of each item ... 240 licenses and rinse and repeat ..... than ... then i can see someoen say 250K , I can say 150k and still make a profit .....

Currently I sell Batqueen set ofr 100K ... Whish is fair as I can only get 1 set per run and you get arm and chest .... Still cant justify 150k profit for 10 mins work (and thats 10 mins for 50 chips)
    You can imagine the big "OH SHIT!!!" expression on our faces, when we realized the aftermaths of this incident. But at the end of the day... we're only humans...
    http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=113418&

does any old vets remeber the old LE 33% penlties for xp,nc, skills and such

duno but bring bak old nc

appy's and TH should be only safe zones
    reason y i said th is for traders noone wants to be poked with a pker shooting them

JOIN THE REVOLUTION ----- Remove ParaShock

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast