Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Neptune - The ghost town

Well, it's looking more and more like it every day.

Pops right now (euro prime time):
    ---------------------
    MARS............... 21%
    MERCURY.......... 4%
    TERRA.............. 16%
    NEPTUNE........... 8%
    ---------------------

Is anything going to be done about the LE situation on Neptune, because if not
    you did all that work for nothing KK. A pvp server in a pvp game was a bad idea
    in the first place, and letting people use the LE on that server was even worse.

Don't get me wrong, i'm glad Terra is comming back on it's feet, but if you dont
    do something about Neptune very soon, you might aswell change it's name back
    to Pandore.
    -
    -
    Primate - Radium - Penny Lane - Virtual Angel

-

its too late for neptune anyways...3/4s of the people that played there have gone back to there normal servers and are pretty much done with neptune after capping 2 chars. i told people it would take less than 2 weeks to clear out

Quote Originally Posted by vashtyphoon78
    its too late for neptune anyways...3/4s of the people that played there have gone back to there normal servers and are pretty much done with neptune after capping 2 chars. i told people it would take less than 2 weeks to clear out
    truth.
    Melkaba - Melee Tank
    Demented - HC Tank

The people that came back to NC to try Neptune have left again, while other have gone back to terra leaving Neptune yet another major fuck up by KK.

Terra just seems to have hit rock bottom, crap pops, server balance worse than ever. Whats left of pro city fight the frenchies in p2 while anti twiddle thumbs waiting for a fight.

I hope a decent pro city op fighting clan pops soon, I actually miss fighting FF

MiG, Tactical Ops (Brute)

Yeah at least without LEs neptune would have some kind of edge. With a low population most people are going to have their own trader chars anyway, defeating the whole point of LEs for tradeskillers...

I really think LEs on neptune have killed the server, maybe it'll keep the few people who were glad for LE inclusion happy but I can see neptune populations drop even further unless something is done about the situation (or everyone takes their LEs out). Even then, the damage may already be done. It was blatantly obvious everyone would use LE until capped and fully equipped, it was quite obvious to me at least that'd reduce the fun element of fighting at low to mid levels with other people of similar level.

It was better in NC1 early retail, where you were encouraged to remove your LE at a lower level due to increased requirements on items for LE users. Then for some reason it all changed no doubt because people wanted to take the easy road to cap.
    Brute and Quazar on Neptune
    Merked, Broken Records and Brigand on Terra
    You may remember me as: Brute on Saturn or numb on Pluto

If people would stop ALLIED fighting and start ANTI fighting then all would work great. As long as KK make it possible for Anti Clanned people to make alts in the opposite city and form a clan in both places you will continue to have ALLIED pking.
    In the best interest of the game I think if you make a clan in one side of the border then all your non LEed alts have to be there as well. That goes for all your accounts. I think KK should make it IMPOSSIBLE to kill your own people. Other games can do that and it works great.
    As the game stands now most people don't know who to trust anymore.
    Castoff

Actually, no friendly fire would suck even more then allied pking, it removes a
    great part of your freedom to do what you want when you want, even if allied
    ganking sucks bigtime. It would also move NC even further towards red vs. blue
    crap it seems to be turning into.

Also, it would be like those annoying LEd ppl talking crap all day because you
    can't kill them.

--

About Neptune, KK should either rework it, real fast, atleast announce that
    something is in the works, or they should bite the lip and admit it is what it is,
    a failiure (sp?). Right now it seems they have abandoned everything, exept
    for the art dept. that seem to be working in a good pace.

Include us in your discussions please KK.
    -
    -
    Primate - Radium - Penny Lane - Virtual Angel

-

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Hmm... I think I remember saying that we didn't need a PvP server and looks like I was proved right for once.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Well the way I see it is people got pissed off due to the lack of people to fight and it is bad, I'm on there since I can't stand the whole MB zoneline fighting on terra. But I think this will change once more people remove there LE Chips, tbh most people with LE in on neptune are not even capped yet but there are some people who are clearly taking the piss out of it and did not go there to pvp. Easyer lvling fast SI etc was all good but I think it has had a bad effect, we have people on the pvp server simply becasue of faster XP and being totaly safe with there LE Chip in.

I think once your mainstats are capped the LE should cease to work, you have plenty of time to gather epics and money etc befor this happens. I also think apartments could be turned into safezones allowing tradeskillers to do there work in total safety ! Or maybe they could have made Tech haven sector 2 a safezone and the only safezone, there would still be crap loads of places to fight. Then they could do away with the LE chip on neptune altogether, I really think if this was made the only safezone then we might see populations returning.

you cant pvp w/ led people :|

Lunatic with a plasma torch QuakCow's Avatar

you can, you just dont do any dmg

neofrag
    Doing math with a boot since 2004 pants tank & ground love

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Lodar; 19-10-05 at 02:13. Reason: Spam

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    [ edited ]
    OMG ITS TRUE
    Last edited by Lodar; 19-10-05 at 02:15.

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Lodar; 19-10-05 at 02:15. Reason: Spam

Quote Originally Posted by retr0n
    A pvp server in a pvp game was a bad idea
    in the first place.
    Full Ack!

I've never set a foot on neptune and I am not suprised its on the best way to shake hands with mercury again...
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast