Thread: Server Merge

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Server Merge

Due to work i dont get to play NC alot but and coming back now to see the server pops is quite depressing, whats worse is seeing the few players left spread over 4 equally deserted servers!

Why not move for a two server system? A pvp server and a normal 4 slot server, both being international and hopefully then both servers should be able to achieve 200 people at peak times!
    Atm it seem stupid to be running servers with pops as low as a some fps (with the others not too far behind). Looking back at when i started playing, people were waiting for an influx of people as servers were at 400-500 at peak time, now we dont even get that in total.
    When the servers were busy it was fun, you could easily find teams or go to an op war or pvp in pp. Now the cities resemble the wastelands and when i log in i struggle to think of something to do.

I might be alone in my opinion, but why not boost the player experience by giving those few players left a mmo experience.

Excellent Idea. Not new, but excellent nonetheless. But it'll never happen - I don't think KK has the manpower to move all those accounts around like that

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

If KK want to do server merge, youve gotta remember the amount of stuff people would lose.

Atm, i have 4 capped chars on terra, all MC5ed and rared up. I have the same on mercury, and 1 char on mars. If KK want to merge server i want ALL my items.

Youve gotta remember therell be lots of people in similar situations (i think).

RogerRamjet outlines the biggest if not the only problem with a server merge.

If something could be done, id love them to merge the servers but i hate game which let you have (seemingly) as many chars as you like on one server, takes the multiplayer part of it away really.

Not sure about the logistics of it so not sure about man power for kk, but in the long run would it not cost them less only having to run two servers over four?

As for the problem of multiple chars im not sure what could be done, i was looking at why it could help not how it could be implemented :\

For the transfer though didn't pandore players get to keep everything? Just leaves the prob of people who have more than four chars, not sure if they could be transferred to a second accound, but then that costs the players more money so not sure.
    As i was saying my idea was more a solution to the problem of having little to do on the servers anymore as they are deserted. In the end whats the point of having all this stuff in a multiplayer game if there isn't anyone to play with. Perhaps slightly over dramatising the situation but even terra is in single figures a lot these days so i just dont find it very mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tratos
    If something could be done, id love them to merge the servers but i hate game which let you have (seemingly) as many chars as you like on one server, takes the multiplayer part of it away really.
    Agreed - I really miss the Pluto 1-Slot atmosphere where everyone's name meant something. I hated being forced to choose to go to Terra's 4-Slotty Crapness or Mars's German-Based "I won't understand anything" Community

Regarding Pandore, I believe they only got thier Armor, Implants, Quickbelt, Inventory, and GoGo. Apartments and Vehicles were not carried over.

i'm all for it. I'm kinda pissed that it takes me a few hours of asking around to get a TL40 pistol made and a increase in pop would definately help my chances of getting tradeskillers around.

Quote Originally Posted by -FN-
    Regarding Pandore, I believe they only got thier Armor, Implants, Quickbelt, Inventory, and GoGo. Apartments and Vehicles were not carried over.
    If they took the keys they could re-register them, appartments would have been empty again though.

This is a idea that really needs to go into effect. Something needs to be done about the low server populations!
    Terra- Skojax/Drevious/Postagirl

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    If KK want to do server merge, youve gotta remember the amount of stuff people would lose.

Atm, i have 4 capped chars on terra, all MC5ed and rared up. I have the same on mercury, and 1 char on mars. If KK want to merge server i want ALL my items.

You're right, but I would welcome such a move.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet

you only need enough equipment to use the chars you have

Which for a researcher/constructor means cabinets of BPs and items to BP from...

Quote Originally Posted by IceStorm
    Which for a researcher/constructor means cabinets of BPs and items to BP from...
    Exactly and im sure people would be pissed from the loss of their characters no soley from the items but the investment of time.

Merge ftw.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by giga191
    Can i just ask if you happen to have 5 other capped characters on other servers?

I dont want to lose god knows how much time ive spent lvling and hunting.

EDIT: Didnt see Tratos' post, its all about time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast