Quote Originally Posted by khemikal
    Should I put some points into resistance? So far my endurance is level 17 and I have yet to put any points into any resistance.
    put 3 more points in endurance and then go to the lom shop and buy 4 end loms . You will need resistances as a PE. look here at my post about half way down for a PE setup for when you cap.

I dont know what the setup means; sorry total newb. I know I should obviously focus on my rifle and combat skills. I hear PEs can specialize( wear tank armor, wield lasers, drive awesome vehicles and so on). What do you think I should go for? I want to be able to do PvP at higher levels. Also want resistances should I sink points into?

It's been sooo long since I played this game (played Beta only). I missed it enough to come back. Good write-up on the professions! (Check out my join date - Same as Brad's)

Beta Testing Group

Quote Originally Posted by khemikal
    I dont know what the setup means; sorry total newb. I know I should obviously focus on my rifle and combat skills. I hear PEs can specialize( wear tank armor, wield lasers, drive awesome vehicles and so on). What do you think I should go for? I want to be able to do PvP at higher levels. Also want resistances should I sink points into?
    PEs have to draw from all their skills in order to effective in PvP and compete with the other classes. Strength for higher lvl armour, int for belts, psi for spells, etc. But you can't use the high end stuff the other classes can.

You should focus on one particular combat type, which seems to be rifle currently and ditch the others.
    Resistances and defence setups are a bit complicated and they can be a bit mind numbing at first.
    The basic jist of it is to get an even spread between the main armour types, fire, energy and xray (force and piercing are affected by FOR under STR, which a PE can cap easily).
    Damage taken is affected by the total armour value you have, resists ADD to armour (the relataionship being a bit odd), so try to combine different armour with your CON values to reach an equal amount.

For leveling, you can of course swap armour for the mobs you are fighting.

Congratulations for the guide.
    Sorry for replying to an old thread but i have a question: is there any change to the situation since this guide seems to refer to the game at patch 130 ? Like some bugfix that enhance some profession (bugs for Vehicle driving, hacknet and so on)

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Vehicles are a little better, hacknet is the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12