Question

Basically I see it like this, and feel it represents ALOT of people from out of game chat.

KK screwed me and others into believing in content that would be there and wasn't and getting us to pay for their beta (again) as they did when first released.

So they got me for the 6 mos. payments x 3 accounts which I should have known better than to do based on previous experience and delivered absolute crap on the, IMO, best basis for a MMORPG going and completely screwed thier patrons expectations with continued lies.

I can afford to play other games and dont play NC2 at this time due to total disgust with their practices and will not renew at the end of the 6 mos unless they deliver as promised, not that it will matter if the populations continue to dwindle to laughable low numbers.

Does any other game have the potential that this one does - NO!!

Do you however see any REAL pregression towards delivering on the game we all payed for - NO again.

I have and do love the game but have come to dispise the developers and their lack of ability to deliver. And thats the bottom line.

If you are KK, 10tacell, or any unknown entity ( I would'nt want anyone to know how poorly this has been managed if I were responsible for this game )you obviously dont care enough to be in your position and should be ashamed as well as industry branded with your past actions and disgusting business practices / customer relations.

Just the opinion of someone who has been spit on by your company and would like and expect, if it were anyone else, to recieve an apology and a towel to wipe my face off with.

You have my money and in closing I have enjoyed the game community that found itself trapped in your disallusions for years. Funny that honestly I would love to be wrong about all this and see you fulfill all of your promises and have the fully functioning and profitable game that should be running as I am writing this.

You know your community is stretched on patience, is tired of mistruths, and is sadly giving up on you - wont you do what needs to be done ?

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Hey, get down off that fence. Seriously, we hate to see comments like this but all we can say is that we've never tried to "trick" people into upgrading - there was an open beta for everyone to try it out. We feel that Neocron 2 has changed for the better both externally as well as "under the covers" and we are constantly striving to improve and extend it within the limitations of the resources available to us. There's plenty more to come.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Hey, get down off that fence. Seriously, we hate to see comments like this but all we can say is that we've never tried to "trick" people into upgrading - there was an open beta for everyone to try it out. We feel that Neocron 2 has changed for the better both externally as well as "under the covers" and we are constantly striving to improve and extend it within the limitations of the resources available to us. There's plenty more to come.

N
    [ edited ]
    Last edited by Vithar; 07-01-05 at 05:51. Reason: Trolling

well we've yet to see a constructive comment from you Jester.

first off, NC2 if far more stable than NC1. secondly, since NC2 KK has tasked a lot more people for community events, and ingame events. your taking the work of those people for granted. secondly, for all the good KK does, there seems to be a mass of people which choke on the first little mistake that happens and flames them before they even get a chance to say anything about it.

NC will never die, as long as there are people which have NC fixes running through their veins... we've played many MMOs which were bound to make NC collapse on itself, but we always came back... as galant and huge as they may look, it never seems to amaze me that KK did many things right and better comparing to them. every MMO I start to play seems to be better than any other I've tried before, but after a while that bafelling fog seems to go away, and I realize how stupid that MMO is. I'll always keep coming back to NC.

I don't see how some of you can say NC1 > NC2... by what means? goodbye descriptions, goodbye new items, goodbye logical drops, goodbye CvC, goodbye hacknet, goodbye 1000 app furnishing items, goodbye DoY, goodbye faction alliances, goodbye new post release items, goodbye colloseum, goodbye new NPC distributed sales, goodbye TH [as a trade town], goodbye FSMs, goodbye nonrare items [which have previously been useless rares], goodbye PR staff, goodbye faction relations, goodbye sexy NPC models, goodbye WoC skills and areas... good bye content which in total expanded NC 1 by a fair ammount.... and goodbye NC itself since I don't believe it could have managed to exist anymore.

what I'd hopefully like to see is goodbye to people like this who come back and post "hide you bitches, I'm back to fucking PK you cause I'm cool and I rule your asses yeaaaahhh, I ROCK!" which have nothing better to say than "fuck KK, theyr crap, because.... because.... because I don't know because everyone else keeps saying it, and I'm in my fetal intelectual stages and didn't yet evolve to think with my head so I'll just rephrase the flame before"
    Last edited by dem0n; 07-01-05 at 00:19.
    492077616E74206E65772064756E67656F6E732C206D6F62732C206C6F6F742C20706C617965722073686F707320616E6420 6120545320686F6F6B657220696E206D79206170702E00

Quote Originally Posted by TheJesterReturn
    [ edited ]
    if you think so.. then way did you open an account?

you could try a beta account.. or if you warent there during the open beta, there are trial accounts..

seriously..
    if you are ganna say that NC2 is bad. make sure you got a good (VERRY GOOD) reason to say so... not just because you feel like saying it.
    Last edited by Vithar; 07-01-05 at 05:56. Reason: Consistency

Quote Originally Posted by dem0n
    what I'd hopefully like to see is goodbye to people like this who come back and post "hide you bitches, I'm back to fucking PK you cause I'm cool and I rule your asses yeaaaahhh, I ROCK!" which have nothing better to say than "fuck KK, theyr crap, because.... because.... because I don't know because everyone else keeps saying it, and I'm in my fetal intelectual stages and didn't yet evolve to think with my head so I'll just rephrase the flame before"
    well the reason that they keep talking like that is basicly because its easey..
    if something does not work exactly as THEY want it to... just blame others..

there are no posts like that with a grounded reason. or a good description whay they think so..
    they just blame...

DaxAra

Live in Hope, Die in Sync Selendor's Avatar

Demon, I agree with some of what you say in defending Neocron 2, but in the end, the features you list are not changing the core gaming experience for most players. When you look at:

Player Models
    Rpos
    Faction Specific Items

These are things that many people (including myself) see as steps backwards rather than forwards. What people really wanted to see were things like:

- Player Shops to counter Faction Specific Items problems
    - Core changes to Soulight rules
    - Core improvements to game stability and server data corruption
    - New opportunities for Op wars, and other conflict areas making combat 'fun'
    - Strong examination of PPU balance
    - Item tracking for better helpdesk service
    - Stronger controls on roleplay (ie same faction pk)

I think that the Droner fixes were good, but don't really affect enough of the player base, if KK can address even one or two of the above in the near future Neocron will begin to win back many of the cynics of the forum, who you should note were not always so negative.

The opportunity is there for KK, lets hope in the coming weeks we see some progress now that the holidays have passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Selendor
    What people really wanted to see were things like:

agreed...

i no longer see any problems major enough to push these off the top priority.

1. item tracking
    2. player shops
    3. SL / faction PK (same subject really)
    4. BALANCE (stealth / ppu)
    5. stability, syncs, FRE's (obv these arent easy to fix)

Quote Originally Posted by DaxAra
    if you think so.. then way did you open an account?

you could try a beta account.. or if you warent there during the open beta, there are trial accounts..

seriously..
    if you are ganna say that NC2 is bad. make sure you got a good (VERRY GOOD) reason to say so... not just because you feel like saying it.
    Actually, [ edited ]. I had played for like 2 years and quit when Beta Came out cause Neocron 2 sucked, then came back to give it a try and it still sucks. Neocron 1, I had alot more people to kill now if you wanna kill someone looks like your trying to kill 10+ people at once.

So, shut your damn mouth [ edited ].
    Last edited by Vithar; 07-01-05 at 05:58. Reason: Flaming

my goodbye wish came through!

Quote Originally Posted by Selendor
    player shops are a matter of time I believe... the community has argumented it and made clear that NC requires such a boost, and KK will get down to it in a theme week, hopefully the next one. it's going to be a lot of work, but I believe they've already planed the area, the design, just need to finish it. I'm not the one to believe that they were sitting on their heads during the NC1<->NC2 period and haven't done nothing on the realization of the player shops.

SL ruls need to be changed I agree, there have to be larger penalties. many people have suggested that 1 kill should give a negative score of -X, the next time a negative score of 4x(-X) [just a example] to prevent people for rampaging, the first kill won't give such a large penalty, every day we accidently kill someone, a weak player with our AoE, a NPC which dies in 1 hit from our dmg stack weapon etc. what I would also like to see is that the NPC AI gets improved... if you se a PRO NC runner in DoY, EVERY guard should shoot at them, and no "what are you doing in this area?" "you have 5 seconds to get out of my sight or I'll shoot" statements, it's shoot to kill. you have a weapon... and you see a PRO NC, there aren't more things than 1 thing a PRO NC can do in DoY.

I believe the server side and client side applications got improved in NC2, for me the game is far more stable. I expirience a FRE once in my 24h of play, and mostly it's 2 FREs, the logout FRE and the CityCom FRE. apart from that I haven't expirienced any other FREs, I don't crash when minimizing NC to taskbar etc. KK has developed tools which help them fix problems on the fly, and unlike before, they don't need to take the server down or apply a rollback. they've proved this with NC2, terra and we'll see better work from their side on the server side issues in the future.

OP wars remain dull, I think we can all agree on that. people occupy OPs not to gain benefits [or it has a very small influence in OP taking], but rather to stirr trouble. OPs aren't in 99% cases defended. they stay there, deserted, just waiting for another clan to try and take them so they can GR there and kill them. I don't believe any clans have a certin connection with their OP, like allocating people for protection, resources for defense systems... an OP as a OP clearly means nothing to noone. HN made a noticable change in OP hacking, but has it given a noticable content boost? there are many things that can be done with OP and I do not want to post them here, but we all gave our suggestions and I hope KK will try to apply some of those ideas.

I'm not going to comment much on the PPU balance, since I was never good in that area, but I admit PPU buffs mean a lot on the battlefield, and it makes the transition from man to monster possible, I'd agree some classes need the buffs more than others, but buffing some classes which can achieve high resistances in more than one area makes them omnivalent... and thats never a good thing.

I'm definitly up for item tracking, though it sometimes makes me wonder how much resources will it use, will it degrade the server stability etc. it's basicly generating a lot more info, adding more info, and refreshing more info than pre item tracking. just wondering will the server\database manage all of this, although if it isn't at it's very limits then I think there aren't any grounds for my concerns.

there has to be a stronger control on runners roleplay, but as far as I can see it has to come from SL regulations. SL is the law and order! we need to modify the SL rules to regulate peoples actions. you kill a city member give him -7 SL, he was a lower rank than you add another -3, he wasn't neutral he was allied add another -3, you killed your faction member add -10, was a lower rank than you give him another -3, other factions believe that if you kill your own brother then you clearly represent a threat to them for being such a cold blooded killer and gain -5 symp with all factions dissregarding if your enemy, neutral or ally to them, and also loose a large ammount of standings twoards your own faction. without such brutal SL rules you'll never be able to prevent stupid unmotivated non-roleplay actions from certin [d***h***ed] runners.
    492077616E74206E65772064756E67656F6E732C206D6F62732C206C6F6F742C20706C617965722073686F707320616E6420 6120545320686F6F6B657220696E206D79206170702E00

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Hey, get down off that fence. Seriously, we hate to see comments like this but all we can say is that we've never tried to "trick" people into upgrading - there was an open beta for everyone to try it out.
    U remember the things in the armor window? There where 2 Windows for something like ciggarets or whatever. I have to say i was really impressed that they added the window...and now..its gone...thats an exampel what the trying of the beta is worth

Now back to Topic
    Not even 1 game is able to "kill" Neocron...but all games together. I saw big Neocron clans leaving NC for Planetside, LineAge2, WoW, SWG, FFXI...and more onlinegames will apear...and it wont take that everyone finds a game they prefer...just for example...some ppls like PvP and want to fight with theyre skill...Planetside is pure skillbased...RP is ubbba fucking well in LinaAge...If u want some RP and want to fly around then get SWG + Jump to lightspeed...and more games will apear...

Its very simple from my perspective.
    Bad marketing, Bad communications, Lots of lies and Dirty marketing tricks - that's all what this game is made from.
    KK have given us around 1% from what they have promised, and this 1% is bugged even more than the whole nc1. Yet they are still keep up the 'good old ways'. Most people, including me, are simply tired of this so they wont believe KK anymore. That's the place where pessimism crawls in, but KK have worked very hard for that.
    Any colour you like as long as its black...

just what have they promised and wasn't delivered, what is bugged, what bad communication, what lies?? can any one of you be detailed and support what you say? don't you people get sick with writing these surfaced flames.

Quote Originally Posted by dem0n
    just what have they promised and wasn't delivered, what is bugged, what bad communication, what lies?? can any one of you be detailed and support what you say? don't you people get sick with writing these surfaced flames.

ffs on my NC 1 box is says there is a BoP (balance of power) system ingame... that should have been ingame for years. it wasnt possibly... it wasnt a consideration... it says its ingame on nc1 release.

could i have much more of an example of lies / marketing tricks than something that was said was ingame on the box of the origional for years?

Talking

i would play on Neocron 1 servers

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast