oh i long for the day of another shadowrun game

Neocron certianly has the most potential of all the current games i've seen in this area, i think the big reasons why other games could cause it serious problems is the support they get. Not just money wise but the updates given to the community and the greater communication and bug free environments they offer.

I prfer scifi setting and so do lots i know, but i'd rather play with elfs and be able to play a game that can offer me and my unit a stable platform to play in/on. Can't see renewing my account in the future if the current range of problems is not solved

Behind you with my SH pointed at your head

Well, I feel I should throw in my 2 cents here.
    I've been playing NC for about 15 months now. I got into the game late because of the stigma of MMORPG's, but after much coaxing my brother finally got me into the game, needless to say I thought it was a great time. I started off slow then moved into a clan (Dark) ...then everything changed from there. But sometime in August, Pluto died (for those of you who were there....you know what I mean) with everyone anxiously awaiting NC2. I couldn't wait either, with all the new things coming to the game i.e. New City, New Servers, Item Tracking, Player Shops, WoC, Hacknet. Well, I don't need to go over with you what was finished and what wasn't . But, nonetheless, these things were supposed to be out when we purchased this "new" game. But they were not and we all payed for the "New Game" as well as paying more per month for what???? Empty servers? The same mobs, a content void mostly empty new city, more bugs as well as the old ones (but much worse now). Are people actually REALLY questioning why most of the community are moving on to other games?? I do enjoy the idea behind this game as being a FPSMMORPG, but I really can't justify paying the same price for a sub-substandard product when other games out there at least offer a more playable, community supported, properly coded environment, whether I like fantasy or not. Now, I would love to sit back and say, "hey, no worries KK, I'll stick it with ya" but ya know, only way now would be if they said to us "hey you know what, we're sorry for not having a complete product like we promised....so while you wait for us to finish what we need to do, we will charge you the old NC price of $9.99/month" LMFAO – It'll never happen!!!! Pretty much all of my clan mates have moved to "another" MMORPG, even the ones who can't get it yet have quit NC. I fear this game has seen it's last days. I was going to stick it out until TW came out, but I don't think the game will even survive that long. It has been fun

Its very simple really. If you enjoy the game, play it. If you dont, dont.If you think its too much per month stop playing.

I've gone through every stage of playing Neocron, loving it , hating it, etc etc.

Once you play it for a long period of time, like any other game , it is going to lose some appeal. If you get to this stage take a break, and then you will be back, trust me
    Last edited by Nikabolokov; 04-01-05 at 03:47.

Heh, Neocrack still brings everyone back...

However much the players may hate many things about the game, it still manages to keep afloat, somehow, no matter how low the pops are, they go back up again. When I first started playing a year and a half ago, everyone predicted NCs death ina few months. And yet it still lives. Somehow, despite all odds.
    TERRA:
    Logan DeVarc 51/59 PE
    City Admin

Thing is, the game is fucking awesome!

It's almost like, you would have to fuck up this bad, over and over for this amount of time, on "purpose" to kill it!

Why do they kill it? Why?
    I changed my sig to this, and then back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosadistic
    Heh, Neocrack still brings everyone back...
    not true, sure some do come back, i took a break and have returned.

however many others who i knew from NC1 are no longer around, and have been gone for a good amount of time.

some a few months/ weeks others i know left year or so ago, and never returned.

to say it brings everyone back is un true.

and much of the reason many people come back is the fact most MMORPGs are fantasy, if you dislike those games(and for the most part i do)then you are stuck really, its basically either neocron/ao/planetside now if you dont mind the click click afair of AO then you can play that, but if you like the FPS based idea then its either NC or PS, and tbh PS is a fps with a few points to allocate nothing more, so really its just NC until other games in this style are released.

tbh back in NC1 when various games were coming out, PS/shadowbane/SWG etc and people were saying its the end of NC, never belived it because they are not the same sort of game that the people who play this game like.

there are a few games in the pipeline that could take a large chunk from this games populus. however they aint out for a while.

however the games poor player retention rate is due to KK.

they have said they will do many things and often they dont do it, hey thats the way it goes, im not stupid enough to belive they can get every thing right all the time people and companies do make mistakes.

a number of players left because so many things KK have said would be here aint.

take the item distrebution, atm it sucks really, however if KK had introduced player shops there would be np, people could get what they need no hassles.

ceres skills were the big draw for veteran players to NC2 yet basically they are not there.

it seems strange that KK spend the 2 years making this(as i recall they were originally going to release it early retail)yet many things they said would be here aint.

of course flip side is they have added some things that wernt expected, but it isnt enough for many people who did stick with the game so long.

Neocron isnt going to die anytime soon, but its future certainly isnt as bright as it looked back in October 2002.

it would be a shame for this game to fail and i hope KK can continue and make this a sucsess(sp)

I paid NC2 for 6 months on two accounts....
    Yesterday i got me an Anarchy online account and i'm gonna try that this weekend.
    Getting myself an open beta account for FOMK at the end of the month.

I hope NC2 has playershops and all the other stuff KK used to make us want to buy NC2.
    However right now i feel like i've been promised a full option car for a price increase, and you know what???? I got last year's model with a pimped out spoiler on it, but still a standard model.

I realy love the game, but i'm sure a lot of people will leave if the competition offers a game equal to or better in the scifi fps genre.

Neocron Apartment Guide

I honestly believe that KK dont actually care about what else is going on in the MMO[RP]G market (and this might be their biggest 'problem')

I wouldnt be suprised if the guys at KK were working flat out doing what they are doing and couldnt do anything to change the timing of bugs or any further boxed release even if they wanted to

To be fair as long as NC 'pays KKs bills' they probably dont care too much about anything else (assuming they have time to care - see previous paragraph) which brings me back to something I've said before

Personally I believe KK bit off more than they could chew with NC, while [they probably knew] it was always going to be a niche title (FPS interfaces dont appeal to everyone - certainly not those with slower connections/PC and the heavy PvP slant, as well as almost total absence of RP will put many others off) I do think they underestimated what it would entail....

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seven
    Thing is, the game is fucking awesome!

It's almost like, you would have to fuck up this bad, over and over for this amount of time, on "purpose" to kill it!

Why do they kill it? Why?
    I'm still playing. Love it to bits as well. I don't have a problem with content and the bugs are bugs that I can usually live it. Sadly, they're annoying and have been around for bit too long. in some cases I don't see how they can be mended since they depend on my computer(s), and my internet connection ^^

I was hacked off at loosing my five apps of kit from NC1, but I don't really care anymore; Its a game. Its easy to adapt.

As as someone else noted, this game does attact some older people. (My girlfriend says that I'm 32 and I think I'm 33, but I was never good at Maths).

I haven't played many MMOPFs. Only Mankind. I have come from Elite/Frontier + Privateer + Doom1/2/ Quake1/2. I looked at SWG and although you can build nice houses and fly, but I still prefer NC with its element of danger. Just needs more people.

So, I'm actually quite happy. I would like to see Parashock only affect mobs.
    I'd like to see SL do something. I;m sure that there are alot "i'd like to see...", but the point is that I still enjoy playing this game, and always have done.

lasty, I use a lot of 'commercial business software and hardware', (no names meantioned) such as enterprise backup software, RAID arrays DLT jukeboxes and various computer systems. Almost all of these have bugs, bugs, documented features that don't exist and never will be/ implemeteations that should have stayed in beta, and they charge so much more. My backup DLT from a leading vendor cost us 20,000 USD and I think NC is better value for money.

@5150 - I think that you're right about KK biting off more than they could chew. Given the size of the company I expect they are working as hard as you described. Oh well. Happy 2005. I hope that they get paid overtime.

Again, and lasty: I need to see greater server population, please.
    Last edited by zii; 04-01-05 at 17:33. Reason: paragraphs are my friend, and clarity in general...

F.F. Murderer - Suspended darkservent's Avatar

Well TW looks like exactly the same as NC except its better engine, More Skill based unlike NC with the Class based approach, and well not much difference atm. Though TW looks great and most probably will follow the game more and hope it dont fuck up.

FOMK atm is empty no players at all as no content, come back in a month or so and should be sorted. World graphics great but char gfx is awful. The games gettin alotta updates recently and adding content quite quickly. Its alot more stable though than NC. And theres alotta ex NC vets on the boards in FOMK.

Lets see where NC goes till then I'm not gonna sort out the C2P crisis on my accounts...YET.

There are also a lot of them that say they dont play NC anymore , but do

Quote Originally Posted by Nikabolokov
    There are also a lot of them that say they dont play NC anymore , but do
    Well the server numbers aren't showing them.
    I changed my sig to this, and then back again.

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 05-01-05 at 17:17. Reason: Spam

yup since i came back a few days ago, the numbers when i log on are rarely over 20%, now im aware that some are staying away while we have the problem on terra but surely that wouldnt account for the other 30% on top of that that the servers should be getting.

the way they have split everyone up pro v anti just highlights the lack of people even more.

a lot of ppl i know either left or are about to.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast