Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Future of Neocron

Over the years that I have been here many things have been said about Neocron. That Planetside was going to "kill" Neocron. That SWG was going to "kill" Neocron. That CoH was going to "kill" Neocron. That FFXI was going to "kill" Neocron. That WoW was going to "kill" Neocron. That the unmentionable game was going to "kill" Neocron. Guess what? Its still here dispite a large number of assassination attempts.

In my view, none of the above mentioned games were ever going to kill Neocron, sure at the moment its limping like something...hurt badly...but it is nothing to do with other games, its all due to what KK have (or have not) been doing. The future of Neocron lies with them and although I am not normally a doom sayer, by the end of March (after the "planned" release in UK/US etc) if the promised content is not here it is the end of the english community. Some would call me foolish for staying with the game for so long but, 1 month after the release of the boxed version of Neocron 2 in the UK/US is my deadline for not only the content, but an english server with more than 50% on most of the time. There is only so long that blindly follow.

Don't commit suicide KK, sort it before its too late. The lemmings are about to jump.

Tick, Tock.
    - Genty

The lemmings are about to jump.
    This lemming is staying put.

The only game I see coming soon that could get me to stop playing Neocron is Twilight War: After the Fall, and that's nowhere near shipping.

i hear you, and i've read alot of these posts by now, and always to my dismay there's rarely any voiced opinions on class balance being an issue

add whatever content they may, if class balance isn't sorted AND something is done about monks, i don't see NC going back to trying to reach its potential.

a post apocalyptic world and little java monks ís _the_ way to go in combat...sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by SorkZmok
    "...AND FORGET BALANCE , WELL PATCH THAT NEXT YEAR!"
    =SXR= Ozambabbaz - Assault Rifler - Iggy Bwana - Pistol Ghost - Okaka - Mad Scientist - Moqt Zomg - Vehicular Manslaughterer

Quote Originally Posted by IceStorm
    The only game I see coming soon that could get me to stop playing Neocron is Twilight War: After the Fall, and that's nowhere near shipping.
    aye.. part from I may just stop playing neocron before.. but TW looks ace

Quote Originally Posted by Ascention
    aye.. part from I may just stop playing neocron before.. but TW looks ace
    Doesn't the logo for the Brotherhood Of Mutants (in Twilight War) look just like the image logo for Neocron's Twilight Guardian?

Hm...might keep an eye on Twilight War, tbh...see how it turns out. And its powered by the Source engine, too
    Last edited by Tidus_Origin; 02-01-05 at 00:06.
    Tangent WOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Tidus_Origin
    Doesn't the logo for the Brotherhood Of Mutants (in Twilight War) look just like the image logo for Neocron's Twilight Guardian?

Hm...might keep an eye on Twilight War, tbh...see how it turns out. And its powered by the Source engine, too
    Aye exactly what i thought lol.. have ya seen the idea of hybrid weapons

Twilight War runs on the HL2 Engine, and we all know by now that Valve know what they are doing when it comes to games. TW should be sweet, just a shame its only in development rather than an alpha/beta stage.

Too lazy to look.
    Really feel like crap today...

Is it a persistant MMORPG with a skill system and first person combat?
    I changed my sig to this, and then back again.

Twilight War runs on the HL2 Engine, and we all know by now that Valve know what they are doing when it comes to games. TW should be sweet, just a shame its only in development rather than an alpha/beta stage.
    Hah! The source engine is about as buggy as the tekktonic engine, at least in the hands of anyone but the guys at valve.... haven't tried HL2, but I've tried Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, which is based on the engine... basically it eats all of your resources, and the sound-system is bugged to fuck.

Anyway, this wasn't about that... this was about the english community coming to an end in march, when the box is released, unless the bugs have been fixed and everything is polished. Shitty as it sounds, I believe it to be true...

//Proxy

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin
    Hah! The source engine is about as buggy as the tekktonic engine, at least in the hands of anyone but the guys at valve.... haven't tried HL2, but I've tried Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, which is based on the engine... basically it eats all of your resources, and the sound-system is bugged to fuck.

Anyway, this wasn't about that... this was about the english community coming to an end in march, when the box is released, unless the bugs have been fixed and everything is polished. Shitty as it sounds, I believe it to be true...

//Proxy
    Trust me, play HL2 (or any of the Sources) and you will see why TW will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Morganth
    Trust me, play HL2 (or any of the Sources) and you will see why TW will be great.
    Yes HL2 is good because Valve made the engine...as in the post you quoted..I've also played Vampire Bloodlines and it's truely buggy! I hope TW doesn't work out the same.

Remember just cause it's the engine doesn't mean that the coders at the other end are any good or they push it too hard in directions in doesn't like.

Account not active yet

I totally agree.

The only other mmorpg I enjoy playing is eve, and that no where near as much as Neocron but still the choices for those who cant stand fantasy games are limited and in my opinion these are the only two that are even playable in the genre (sci-fi).

Why would I consider moving to eve if I enjoy Neocron more? .....KK

If/When I leave Neocron I know it will be because of them, absolutely. I don't care about bugs, I don't care about fatal runtime errors, I don't even care if the database gets messed up - as long as its fixed or even rolled back in a timely manner so we don't have these periods of uncertainty - uncertainty that I pay $15/month for...

I look at eve and the most attractive thing about the game is CCP. They actually support their customers, they resolve problems, they deliver patches and features when they say they will, they don't leave their server bugged for a over a week with the possibility of a rollback at any time.

Even if I didn't enjoy their game, I would probably have a more enjoyable time there. KK still can get their act together. I hoped so badly that when NC2 was released - with all the changes they made with the publisher and CEO etc that they would start over fresh. No such luck yet I believe.

Its not dead but its been in a coma with a machine breathing for it for a very, very long time now, as good as dead. Its really unfortunet, I really wish whoever made the idea of a mmo with a first person shooter interface that needs fps skill and skill in making a char without the never ending EQ/Daoc style item gathering had gone to mythic or blizzard with the idea..... or ANYONE, I mean KK's first time MMO aside I really belive most people on the forum could have done a better job in advertising, make or break decisions, and a policy of not lieing constantly.

Im going to keep watching, hoping Terra will get a good pop one day, and I'll come back, Im sure many other would too. However, it looks like its VERY unlikly it ever will have more then a few hundred players.
    According to my calculations: I OWN YOU! (own, not pwn)

Neocron's "Egotistical, Murderious, selfserving, anti-social psychopath"

Cut from the stolen Picture... msdong's Avatar

ok, you hate zoning and like to play a game with source engine ????

maybe its just the games we have now that load forever or maybe TW is released when there are UDMA400 HDs, but i just think they just keep down the detail on things so it looks like any other up to date MMORPG and areas can be bigger.

as for the international release i hope the best because i like to have more players too on the english server because i dont like playing the german servers.

Live in Hope, Die in Sync Selendor's Avatar

Makes me wonder if we've all been playing an extended beta since Nc2 went live, waiting for retail . Two points:

- WoW has made a big dent in player numbers, you only had to look at the drop in US side players in the last two months. In my mind there is no point KK waiting until March etc for their boxed release to sort the game out, when WoW Europe is going to trample over a lot of MMOs in February. They need to act fast.

- Saying that, regardless of our problems today, when the boxed copy does get released it will certainly get publicity in magazines and the game will still be unique in a way, so as long as reviewers don't slate the rat bashing too much (which is currently in vogue). There will definitely be an influx of players at that point.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast