Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    No, I checked the couch, nothing there.....

No, 28 cents aint going to break me....

It's the fact that NC2 was $13 when I signed up, now it's $2 more.....

NC2 is now the most expensive MMO for Americans, as far as I know.....

If KK's going to continue to charge me $15/month, they are going to have to greatly improve the product, in order to justify the premium price for it....
    well who did u vote for this year? it might be your own damn fault its going up
    Colonel Sanders / Norie

lets keep politics out of this (I know its difficult for the more churlish of the lot) before I have to put my "rhymes with toot" up someone's "rhymes with bass"

Doesn't that mean the amount us brits are paying should be going down?
    "Come, Paladin, see for yourself. From here, you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance and the end of your insignificant class."

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
    lets keep politics out of this (I know its difficult for the more churlish of the lot) before I have to put my "rhymes with toot" up someone's "rhymes with bass"
    Can't help it, have to give that one a prize

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumDelta
    Doesn't that mean the amount us brits are paying should be going down?
    We now pay in Euros as well. The Euro has risen against the pound a little in the last six months mostly because we are so closely linked to the USD (and some of that nasty political stuff we can't mention) so we have also had a small price increase but much smaller than the US.

If they continue adding new countries into the EU though it will drop fast again sometime soon though and NC will get cheaper for us in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Bear in mind that those extra $2 don't go to KK - they are lost in the exchage rates. KK receive exactly the same amount from you regardless of how badly the dollar performs.

N
    This is true, if they DO exchange USD in Euro. If they let it, for say they have invested in US or they plan to go there, then it's not.
    In any case however, this what Greenspan decided for US.
    On the opposite side Euro is now very "hard"
    We will see who will win.
    Anyway, Europe invites both UK and US to join us

Founding Member Of SXR Freaky Fryd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
    "rhymes with bass"
    Uh...Ace?
    Case?
    Mace?
    Oh wait...not the kind of "bass" you get get from a sound system...

Dec 10th: CAD 18.10
    Dec 18th: CAD 18.24
    Dec 26th: CAD 18.59

Onoz!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoDa-UK
    This game has factions and they have allies, if you can't keep your dick in your pants over some poor player in front of you with a green tag you got serious social problems

Really, during all this, why don't you think about the Australians?

$A1 = $US0.7677
    $A1 = 0.5687 Euro
    $A1 = £0.3996

errr, not sure about the symbols During nc1, The Australian dollar was just climbing up from being around 0.50 US

I'm fairly sure I paid over $20 a month
    Last edited by sultana; 27-12-04 at 11:32. Reason: a month not upgrade =/

I think they should charge 35 USD a month......then maybe all the lil kiddies will disapear.

J/K

I dont really care....I'll pay 15 a month for each all my accounts, maybe after the new year things will start to roll into the game. I have tried almost all MMO's
    that charge from anywhere to 12-15 a month....yet I still play this. Not many MMOs out there where I can whack anyone that I want, anytime I feel.

KK has to eat too, I just hope they kick it into gear soon.

Bear in mind that those extra $2 don't go to KK - they are lost in the exchage rates. KK receive exactly the same amount from you regardless of how badly the dollar performs.

N
    Yeah but the point is people are getting fed up of having to pay MORE, i mean KK produces a pretty crappy game already and cause of currency we have to pay more, I think it's kind of ridiculous, doesn't matter if it goes to KK or not ... it's the final payment players have to make that matters...

Quote Originally Posted by ou7blaze
    Yeah but the point is people are getting fed up of having to pay MORE, i mean KK produces a pretty crappy game already and cause of currency we have to pay more, I think it's kind of ridiculous, doesn't matter if it goes to KK or not ... it's the final payment players have to make that matters...
    LoL...so what do you want instead?

If you pay in USD we charge you less? LoL imagine the uproar from us paying from other currencies...if you think you pay too much for a 'crappy' game then leave simple as.

I'm sorry but KK can do nothing about the exchange rates, what if they were only charging in USD and you were paying more you would still moan, until money is all the same currency...lol in about 100 years then get used to getting screwed or getting a bargin depending on the to and from currency.

MMORPGs are international you will always have to pay probably in USD or euro as KK is a european business it makes sense for them to deal in thier currency.
    This whole thread was brought up by someone who honestly thinks KK is somehow to blame for increase in exchange rates and you also beleive this. Sorry but this thread is a bit of a joke.

Your currency is pretty bad anyway still around 13 HKD to the pound from when i was over there i guess?

The death threats are mounting up (seriously) - I know the score and accept it happily. Now, back to the topic.

N
    Death threats? I seriously hope they are perma banned. A games a game.
    And we do love you. Well, not in that way, you know, like men.. well.. uh.
    <runs>

As an American with a shitty dollar, I can't like the fact that I now pay more.
    But, I do understand that KK / 10Tecal(sp) / Click2pay are charging in Euros.
    I understand what effect that is going to have. It would be the same, if reversed, if they were charging in dollars. I'd pay the same as ever, and everyone else would pay fluctuating bills. KK wouldn't get any more or less for the value you pay.
    If I understand it correctly, other than that tax, they make the same amount from US players no matter what value the dollar has.

I suppose it's another downfall to playing an international game.
    At least I get to meet all these cool people.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pungent77
    I think they should charge 35 USD a month......then maybe all the lil kiddies will disapear.

J/K

Some of the adults would leave as well.

its just sad to read this thread guys.

this is where the normal 'make a joke of the US' comes in...but after 1/2 a million american peeps signed that website to say sorry about the guy that did the thing *cough* it makes it a lttle hard. (little)

exchange rates will always fluctuate and just because your currency is down at the moment it was very strong and will probably get there again...you should look forward a few years to the demise of the british pound lol...(its coming you know it) and with the EU (and eventualy euro) expansions the euro will weaken.

then everyone will be holidaying across europe for a couple of notes and the US will laugh its way to even more subsidised exports...

anyway...to the thread DEAL WITH IT....

Quote Originally Posted by -Demon-
    LoL...so what do you want instead?
    I would have liked it to stay as it was with a real payment company that allows me to pay in whatever currency I choose.

@LOST - I'll bet you my left nad that the UK doesn't join the Euro in the next decade and the only reason I didn't say "ever" is because with the state of the world right now I wouldn't bet on the sun rising much after that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast