View Poll Results: Would you pay a few bucks extra each month to convince KK to fix engine flaws?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 26.67%
  • No

51 68.00%
  • I really don't care either way

4 5.33%

Default Game Engine Flaws, A Community Answer?

Despite the fact we aren't sure if KK does or does not listen to polls or read the forums at all, this is a question I'm sure some would care to answer or discuss;

The current game engine for NC2 has two major flaws, those both welll known and very common; fatal run-time errors which cause the game to crash and a memory leak which can lead to the above and other problems.

Now, personally I'm pretty sure KK is aware of these, if not they are living under a rock and need to step out from time to time. But yet we only see the occasional server-side fix (was it patch 120 or 121 that mentioned this?) to help alleviate these two major flaws and yet they remain client side.

So, the community has little we can do. Sure we can voice our opinions over and over and scream and yell "OMG fIX iT pLz" all we want. Sure we can do as some other users suggest and go drop $300+ on a new video card and MORE ram (I know people using 1+ gigs of ram who run time just as often as others using less ram). But that's not a fix. While the game might run slower on less ram, it should not halt to the point of almost negative frames per second and to the point it just flat out crashes with the infamous run time error.

But, the community has something else it can do. I thought to myself after fataling for the millionth time by simply opening a trade screen or using a r.n. terminal, "ya know I'd pay just to get rid of this shit". Then later the thought occured to me why not? I mean, if I am willing to say, pay a few extra bucks a month to get rid of two VERY HUGE game engine flaws that are prohibiting players from normal play, then there's got to be others that are as fed up with it as me.

And I also thought, if people openly saying "hey i'll toss in a few more bucks to get this fixed finally months after the game has gone gold" then KK just might take notice. I mean one person, not worth it. A majority and those few extra bucks add up and it also sends the message of "hey you fucked up when people are willing to pay EXTRA money to get rid of flaws already in the game apon original purchase".

So that leads me to ask my question, would you pay an extra couple bucks, say $5 an account (and for those who have like 5 accounts per person you can even say "ok multiple account users can donate $2.50 per account" as a discount for the extra accounts), per month until this is fixed?

If not, stop for a second and think: Aren't you tired of fataling in the middle of pvp? Aren't you tired of rebooting, refreshing your ram and after 10 minutes of playing you are already using 95% of all your resources? Aren't you tired of even fataling for the simplest of things? (god I personally love synching into the game after starting it up, 30 seconds later fataling back to desktop!). If so wouldn't you be willing to send a strong message to the game's develop team by tossing a few bucks in each month? Sooner or later it's gotta get into their heads.

And am I am going to go out on a limb here and say; it's more important, these be fixed. Sure, Rigger's got their drone bugs fixed, and sure hackers are getting hacknet tweaked and added to as we speak. But wouldn't you agree two HUGE game engine flaws that affect EVERYONE be fixed as opposed to simply devoting more time to adding new content when the game itself is barely standing on it's own legs?

If 7 cents a day can feed some small child in a poor village in South America, a few bucks a month extra should eventually get through to KK, that their game engine needs addressing above all else as of current.

This month marks my 24th monthly subscription payment to KK. That being said, I've paid enough already, I expect this problem to be fixed without incurring any further charges. I paid for a product, now I want that product to perform as promised.

FTR: I JUST purchased and installed ANOTHER 512MB RAM to try and fix my FPS, FRE and Memory Leak problems. All this did was give the program more memory to eat and didn't fix a damn thing.

The ALT+F info also states that I only had 24MB/228MB Free Memory and I wasn't even running another program! Not even WinAmp.....

KK PLEASE FIX THE MEMORY LEAKS. PLEASE!!!!
    a.k.a. Notorious BIG , Notorious MIG , Riceboy Kabayan , comic relief *****MIA Old School Player -- eXile

Bored at Work..

_o/

memememememememem...

Codi needs help, poor guy gets flamed by the community when he is working his ass off (hopyfully). I'd pay some extra to give him help.
    Last edited by tiikeri; 23-12-04 at 07:17.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupus
    Melee was underpowered, and is not overpowered currently compared to other weapons...->
    http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=11
    Johnny Silverhand aka Wannabe

If I am doing something wrong, someone please let me know so I can fix this... Is there some setting I should be using to fix this or is it up to KK to fix?

TY
    a.k.a. Notorious BIG , Notorious MIG , Riceboy Kabayan , comic relief *****MIA Old School Player -- eXile

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strange
    So that leads me to ask my question, would you pay an extra couple bucks, say $5 an account (and for those who have like 5 accounts per person you can even say "ok multiple account users can donate $2.50 per account" as a discount for the extra accounts), per month until this is fixed?
    No way... I should not have to PAY EXTRA MONEY TO FIX TWO BUGS THAT HAVE PLAGUED THIS GAME SINCE BETA!

This stuff should have been fixed two years ago. Sooner than that. I absolutely refuse to pay extra for laziness. And no one else should be willing to do it either. We pay for this game as a product. When a company sells a product with a large flaw and continues to sell it when they know of the obvious flaw, they shouldn't be rewarded with more money.

Everyone can tell me all they want about how "there's millions of lines of code", but there is absolutely NO excuse for them not creating a 3rd-party tool within these two years to help track down the error and send them the logs (like most MMOs do) so they can diagnose and fix the problem.

Most other MMO games don't suffer from these issues - we shouldn't either.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobby
    I would be Nobby and after the murdered body is found, They will noticed I've nibbled their nuts.

Ya and what would that extra money do? nc2 is already an expensive mmorpg. Besides throwing more money at the problem wont fix it. It is so deeply rooted in neocron that kk hasent been able to completely for years, and they have been trying. I remember seeing somthing on how many pages of code neocron has that would all have to be examined to fix this. Anyone remember that number?

[QUOTE]

FTR: I JUST purchased and installed ANOTHER 512MB RAM to try and fix my FPS, FRE and Memory Leak problems. All this did was give the program more memory to eat and didn't fix a damn thing.

The ALT+F info also states that I only had 24MB/228MB Free Memory and I wasn't even running another program! Not even WinAmp.....

LOL....

I did the same thing upped my ram from 512MB to 1.5 gigs and now without any other programs running in the background i have 30MB/1500MB free
    with 512MB i had 90MB/512MB free.......go figure that one out.....

Default we alreaDY ARE DUHHH

REMEMBER THEY RAISED THE MONTHY FEE OF NEOCRON 2

lololool

AND APPARENTLY IT DID NOT MAKE A MAJOR DIFFERENCE ACCEPT WE GET C2P NOW THATS THE ONLY DIFFERENCE I SEE FOR 5 MORE DOLLARS A MONTH

no we got way better servers. but if i had the choice it would be nc2 on the old servers with the old monthly price. becouse i mean comeon the reason they are better is to support more nonexistent players.

I'm not paying for something that is not my problem, however we should all save money to go to KK in germany and beat them all up, crap job they have done for 2 years+... (aways Nidhoggs backing up statement of KK or removal or this post ... sigh ... )

[QUOTE=MISS WHIP]

LOL....

I did the same thing upped my ram from 512MB to 1.5 gigs and now without any other programs running in the background i have 30MB/1500MB free
    with 512MB i had 90MB/512MB free.......go figure that one out.....
    Because Neocron, like most modern games, uses up way more memory than that. However, lots of the data is generally kept on the hard drive in what's called a swap file (or partition under many OS's). However, proper memory is way faster than the swapfile, so the game is going to put as much as it can in memory and only keep what it has to in the swap file (and it's also generally stuff that's not needed as much that's kept in the swapfile).

If you run a memory monitor while running any modern game, you'll see it eat up all available RAM.

This doesn't mean that more memory doesn't help. Particularly if you have less than 768MB of RAM, most games, particularly MMORPGs will have less "lag" and problems in general if you install some more memory.

As for the poll, I abstain because I know that there's no magic fix for many of the engine flaws. You're all acting like KK don't ever fix FRE's and memory leaks, yet most patch notes generally contain something along the lines of "fixed more memory leaks", "fixed FRE that occurs when...".

Patch 125, the last patch, was purely for this purpose.

Athon Solo
    Last edited by athon; 23-12-04 at 11:25.
    All of this has happened before. All of this will happen again.

Would you pay a few bucks extra each month to convince KK to fix engine flaws?

No. I already have.
    I changed my sig to this, and then back again.

The only way I could chip in some extra cash is if they wanted to buy a new
    engine, cause any way you turn it, the current one sucks. And I could also
    only consider it if it was a one time fee...

As hegemonic said; I've paid enough.
    -
    -
    Primate - Radium - Penny Lane - Virtual Angel

-

It's not the number that matters to me, £10 , £12, £15 .. i'd pay to be with friends and have fun, but i am not paying any more for something that A) Should be fixed already and B) Is something you think would come as standard with the game itself.
    This games playability is pretty good, it's addictive.. not addictive like "God i need a smoke" .. "God i need to play neocron" just does'nt have any ring to it
    What pisses me off about this game is that it's not a finished game, Neocron 1 was'nt finished when it was released, Neocron 2 is'nt finished and thats been released, and they use the excuse that "oh, patches will be frequent to fix these problems". I'm sure we can all list bugs and flaws in Neocron 1 that ran from the first beta to the day they updated to NC2. The money we fork out each month should'nt be paid to make the game playable in a technical way as much as it should be to make the game more fun with more content.

wow this really is a nutcase proposition
    why the hell would we want to pay more a month to fix problems that shouldn't have been there in the first place? the way I hear it, these hings already existed in NC1 so they already have those few bucks a month extra when they marketed this game as NC2

EDIt: didn't read above posts, sorry for repeating
    Last edited by Reefer; 23-12-04 at 13:36.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast