Back for the moment

If you bothered reading what I quoted and ratboy said there are people sick at KK so the patch deployment wasnt definite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Snow
    Quoting the whole story from Ratboys post and not a select line:

He said monday wasnt a definite patch day so the lack of a patch isnt another broken promise, cut down on the melodrama and get your facts right before posting flamebait. The only thing he didnt do was inform us that the patch had been delayed.
    Maby you can point it out to me but where was "flamebait" and who said "broken promiss"? Was just kindly pointing out that they should not post any dates cuz most of the time shey shoot them selves in a foot.

Quote Originally Posted by garyu69
    plague, there was no promise in that short quote you quoted.
    I know but they did set out expectations for monday and onse again let them down. Personally I care not about this game, stoped long time ago, but it's realy finny to see people still defend kk.
    Last edited by plague; 21-12-04 at 01:37.

Back for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by plague
    Maby you can point it out to me but where was "flamebait" and who said "broken promiss"? Was just kindly pointing out that they should not post any dates cuz most of the time shey shoot them selves in a foot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strange
    With that said; where the fuck do yall get off breaking ANOTHER FUCKING PROMISE of a patch on MONDAY?
    yes, lets not have multiple threads pointing out yet another broken promised patch date
    Happy?

Happy?
    Not realy, if it wasn't directly pointed at my replay then maby you shopuld not have quoted me on that.

Back for the moment

I never said it was directed to your reply I just posted after you which is a world of difference.

On the other hand.......You did say "Quoting the whole story from Ratboys post and not a select line:" and I was the one that quoted so it was directed at me.....

Am off work now weeeeeeeeeee, am freeee.
    Last edited by plague; 21-12-04 at 01:46.

If you bothered reading what I quoted and ratboy said there are people sick at KK so the patch deployment wasnt definite.

Ok, let's go over this AGAIN:

A, if a company cannot preform it's day to day routine due to illness then that needs to be addressed in an official statement letting paying customers know. This would clear up possible near-future delays, such as a patch or new content or support delays. Also, if a whole company, even one as small as KK is side lined by an illness....well personally I see that as just poor management (always keep other employees on call in case of such events)

B, don't mention it. If they cannot patch on Day X that they said they would, either due to illness or production delays, they then need not say "well on Day X, the patch will be released". Not only does this further tarnish their name, it also helps further build a bad relationship with paying customers.

It's easy for them, just tell us we might get a patch this week. No specific day, no specific time, just a maybe. IRL if a company or business advertises a specific date and time for something then doesn't come through, they can be sued (in America) for faulty advertising. Unfortunately that does not apply online, if it did KK would be bankrupt by now.

just remember you arnt paying for neocron to make patches. thay are pure bonus. you are paying for neocron in its current state and for the servers. thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Terayon
    just remember you arnt paying for neocron to make patches. thay are pure bonus. you are paying for neocron in its current state and for the servers. thats it.
    I would agree if I was paying a one-time payment.

However I am paying a month by month basis. And based apon other MMORPGS such as EQ and UO, it has been proven that they can easily gain a profit and still easily cover monthly server fee's plus bandwidth. Hence I hold all MMORPGS to the same calibur, especially NC since the populations are low, bandwidth should be at a minimal and theres only 4 servers....So they can't be costing them a fortune each month to run, considering they are raking in X amount from at least 1000+ players, not counting how much they gain in currency conversion for those of us outside Europe.

So yes I'd say with the profit they make we are paying for patches. Even if they were just hotfix patches and not new content, I'd be happy. Remember the old saying "if it aint broke dont fix it"? well there are things that are broke so fix it

Um... no. We are paying for those things, but we are also paying for the following:

The storage of our character status and items on them
    The Dev's Paychecks
    The addition of new content

In conclusion... yes, we are paying for Neocron to make patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobby
    I would be Nobby and after the murdered body is found, They will noticed I've nibbled their nuts.

Back for the moment

Ok, let's go over this AGAIN:

A, if a company cannot preform it's day to day routine due to illness then that needs to be addressed in an official statement letting paying customers know. This would clear up possible near-future delays, such as a patch or new content or support delays. Also, if a whole company, even one as small as KK is side lined by an illness....well personally I see that as just poor management (always keep other employees on call in case of such events)

B, don't mention it. If they cannot patch on Day X that they said they would, either due to illness or production delays, they then need not say "well on Day X, the patch will be released". Not only does this further tarnish their name, it also helps further build a bad relationship with paying customers.

It's easy for them, just tell us we might get a patch this week. No specific day, no specific time, just a maybe. IRL if a company or business advertises a specific date and time for something then doesn't come through, they can be sued (in America) for faulty advertising. Unfortunately that does not apply online, if it did KK would be bankrupt by now.
    A.Small companies dont have loads of backup staff so they have to wait for them to get better for them to do their jobs again and I said that Ratboy hadnt informed us of a delay even though he said would.

B.Ratboy said that it may be delayed from monday because of illness in the same post as he said that it would be deployed on monday, personally I would rather KK saying we should have a patch deployed on day X unless some forseen or unforseen problem comes up rather then no information coming from KK at all which you seem to rather. Dont get me wrong I was as pissed as anybody else with all the DoY delays but they were major delays, not a day or two because somebody is down sick.

So what your saying that every game that gets its release date put back in America gets sued? If thats true I dont see the American games market surviving much longer.Anyway KK didnt give a specific date and time.

So what your saying that every game that gets its release date put back in America gets sued? If thats true I dont see the American games market surviving much longer.Anyway KK didnt give a specific date and time.
    God, I could only hope so.

No, in America you can't sue for faulty advertising online, it's just not allowed. If it was, millions of American gamers would have sued over delayed games such as Daikatana, Duke Nuke'em Forever, Half Life 2, etc cause all were promised either on a specific date or a specific period in a month/year, but failed to come through.

My example was real life businesses. It's like (JUST AS AN EXAMPLE), Walmart advertises Neocron 2 as being on their store shelves on December 1st in America, and on December 1st it is in NO Wal-Mart store shelf, despite being on other store shelves in other stores. You as a customer are entitled to take legal action aganist said company, for faulty advertisement. Which as I said, doesn't work for online advertisements and/or promises.

Not to mention different countries have different laws unfortunately. Even if i could use that as an option, KK is located in Germany where they may or may not have a similar law, or no law for such a thing at all.

5th time my FUCKING firefox has closed on me when im nearly done. why cant microsoft make a good ANYTHING? i mean i have yet to have a microsoft game run without a huge bug i need to have fixed. ITs a good thing i backed this up becouse it crashed for a 6th time but i had it in notepad.

anyways @ nvidia
    "The storage of our character status and items on them"

When i said we pay for servers i ment this aswell. after all storage is part of the servers. sorry i should have been more specific.

"The Dev's Paychecks"

anyone who has a job has a customer who pays for their paycheck. so why you are mentioning this i have no idea. its as if you think you are doing kk a great favor by paying for their services. if you want to go into more detail you also pay for their heating, food, water, clothes. but here is the thing. you arnt paying them. you are buying their service.

"The addition of new content"

can you please quote where it says this? aybe i missed it but i have never seen anything say that we are paying for new content aswell.

Rest assured KK will never ever promise anything again so you can take what they say with a grain of salt.

Any info, even bad is better than none at all.

I would have rather seen Ratboy post about the delay himself, but maybe the guys too sick.

Lupus did post about the delay in this thread, but I would rather have a sticky made by Lupus or other KK staff where it would be easy for everyone to see.

No one "promised" a patch today.
    Saying we are going to patch on Monday is not a promise, it's an intent. (aim or goal)
    I changed my sig to this, and then back again.

"The storage of our character status and items on them"

When i said we pay for servers i ment this aswell. after all storage is part of the servers. sorry i should have been more specific.
    No Problem...

"The Dev's Paychecks"

anyone who has a job has a customer who pays for their paycheck. so why you are mentioning this i have no idea. its as if you think you are doing kk a great favor by paying for their services. if you want to go into more detail you also pay for their heating, food, water, clothes. but here is the thing. you arnt paying them. you are buying their service.
    Yes, I, as well as every other customer, are doing them a great favor. We, through our monthly contributions, keep this game running, and as a result, they get to keep their jobs. If there was no one to pay for this game, how could any of them work for Neocron and manage to survive off nothing?

By buying their services, I am paying them. If no one bought their service, they wouldn't get paid, would they?

"The addition of new content"

can you please quote where it says this? aybe i missed it but i have never seen anything say that we are paying for new content aswell.
    One of the main points on just about every MMO's FAQ page in relation to the question, "Why is there a monthly subscription cost?" states that part of that money goes towards "generating new content" and "constantly updating the game with new, fun things to do".
    Quote Originally Posted by nobby
    I would be Nobby and after the murdered body is found, They will noticed I've nibbled their nuts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast