Default Neocron Client Exits When Run

I tried reinstalling, didn't work. Dunno whats up, seems to only happen to the client itself

when does it crash? before the launcher loads? at login screen?

The launcher window is fine, when i actually launch the client it loads up the black screen then just exits

hmmm try sending your dxdiag info to helpdesk explaining what happens

Well, I really don't know whats up, cause it was working perfectly fine for maybe the 2 or so weeks I've been playing nc2. The only thing I've changed was installing a new fan, though It worked when I installed that anyway

Quote Originally Posted by sultana
    The launcher window is fine, when i actually launch the client it loads up the black screen then just exits
    You're lucky, don't fight it.
    I changed my sig to this, and then back again.

Lol, well i just launched up cs (something I haven't done in a while ), been playing that for an hour, works perfectly fine. So whatever it is, I figure it's just affecting nc

Hmm, I've done 3 complete reinstalls, one of the times i let ot redownload all th patches... didn't work to well 86 files were missing/corrupt, when the launcher downloaded them, they still were I think I'm just gonna wait till patch 115 and see if that (somehow) fixes this

(Sorry for the triple post )

Here's the error log I get whenever I launch, if it helps...

free memory: 299 MB physical, 1328 MB virtual (59%)
    File Check complete: 1029 files checked
    Exception created Set Driver and Mode failed
    Error: Set Driver and Mode failed

If your using an ATI radion.. close the quick-tool in the bottom right hand corner..

also.. re-configure your keys, to use 'WASD' for some strange reason.. the Arrows crash the client..

Never been able to find out why.. I <3 my Nvidia card

Nope, using a Nvidia My keys were already reconfigured, I don't even have to press one to make the client "crash." Btw, turning off numlock will stop the client crashing when you press an arrow key (the arrow keys only seem to crash me when i'm running vent/ts).

Phoenix Ltd- Chief of Security james_finn's Avatar

do a check files, as if it was the same problem that I had then it should tell you that all of the terrain.dat files are corrupted and will try to redownload them. Seems 113 of my files got corrupted when my PPU got an intel level (base 93 lol). I reinstalled and it still didnt work. So what i did was make sure that it was fullly uninstalled including patches, removed all associated files, and reintalled to a different directory. This *should* help with your problem. Unfortunatly the help desk werent too helpful, I wanted to send them a log so they could see what had gone wrong and possibly fix it, but all they replied with was we recommend that you reinstall NC2! lolz

Good luck mate

Delphi

If you're using DX9 mode, try using DX7 mode. This can be changed via the configuration button on the launcher, then going to Hardware Configuration, IIRC.

Athon Solo
    All of this has happened before. All of this will happen again.

already ran a file cehck But I'll give that a shot anyway, thanks

A place where you can see Pink Cows flying in the sky!

Now most people dont do this but be wiser than them, defragmentate your HardDrive. After that your programs will run faster and the possibility of failures will decrease. After that download SpyBot S&D and AdAware SE, run those programs. Your computer will be much happier when it doesnt have annoying small crappy trojans on it The last thing that you should do is get your self a decend anti-virus software and run it. Programs dont like corrupted files.

Now after the regular "Once per Week" maintance is done, lets take a look at your problem. So you have tried reinstalling and checking files?

Now tell me at what point it does shutdown the program? You said it exits when you launch the program. Do you still see the "10Tacle Studios, ReaKKtor, Tekktonics" startup thing? If you do and it crashes after that you have the same problem that I did.

Now I fixed it like this.

1) I deleted the old Neocron 2
    2) Restarted computer (you should do it before reinstalling)
    3) Reinstalled
    4) I ran the Check Files thing BEFORE patching up to see if there was something wrong with my client copy (nothing wrong)
    5) I patched up
    6) I ran the Check Files again to see if the patches have done something for the client (nothing wrong)
    7) I checked the setup and it worked.

Oh and BTW, how big HD you have for your Windows (bleh) and how much free space do you have? Same for the HD you have the Neocron 2 on.

For any HardDrive you have programs on, you should have atleast 25% free for everything going smoothly, if you dont run any programs on the HD, it doesnt really matter how much space do you have free, since the programs wont be needing any.

So if you have windows XP, the minimum requirmet for free diskspace (only for Windows XP, not for the programs) is around 2 Gbits.

Post again with more info if it still doesnt work

Just got to love .hack//SIGN SoundTrack... Aah..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast