Quote Originally Posted by Freya
    Nice and Simple, Its asked you do not do it, So do not, Do not push it, Just don't... I mean is it really that hard. and As always No means No
    See, that's crap. Statements like that really put me on edge. You aren't my mother, and I'm not 10 years old. You want people to do something, you need to give a good, valid, justified reason - ESPECIALLY when the problem is due to shitty mapping or code, not due to people actively trying to beat the system.

"Because we said so" just doesn't cut it.

I am a person who regularly sent in screenshots of people on the hill at MB because I was told "It's an exploit because you can only get there by crashing your client". Not that I'm hearing that you can drive up there, I feel like that's bullshit.

Arguing on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics.
    Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Back for the moment

If you can get somewhere to snipe or drone that doesnt require exploiting you should be able to use that area, if KK dont want people using certain areas that they can access now they should put some way of blocking people from betting to those areas and not just say its an exploit dont do it.Mods saying do as your told doesnt cut it either.If it isnt exploiting the game mechanics I dont see why people should be just told that it is and not to do it.

Founding Member Of SXR Freaky Fryd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freya
    Nice and Simple, Its asked you do not do it, So do not, Do not push it, Just don't... I mean is it really that hard. and As always No means No
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonite
    Going up on the high cliff's surrounding the entire neocron world is infact an exploit, as you cannot go up there by normal ways.
    We will take serious action towards players caught up there

Okay, assuming that the people that say you can get up there my walk or even with a hover are correct, that means Carbonite is incorrect (or doesn't consider walking/driving a "normal" thing)

So, maybe we should be asking why we can get in trouble for doing something that has been labeled incorrectly.

From what I've seen/understand, it's no different than you telling us that going on the roof of Medicare can only be done by exploiting so we can get in trouble for being up there, when I can easily jump up there. Why should I get in trouble over something you guys don't fully understand & haven't taken the time to research?

Now, if the people that say it's easy to get up with or even without a vehicle and without bugging/exploiting are incorrect, then I fully understand why I could get in trouble for being up there...but if they are correct, then it's you guys that are in the wrong for trying to get us in trouble...right?
    Quote Originally Posted by YoDa-UK
    This game has factions and they have allies, if you can't keep your dick in your pants over some poor player in front of you with a green tag you got serious social problems

Banned User

I think the APU spell targeting thing is also close to an exploit.
    I don't mind the AOE, but i've had apu's kill me when i couldn't even see where they were.(behind hilltop)

The Don sends his regards rob444's Avatar
    Sweden where polarbears are walking the streets.

I must say it's about damn time this was classified as an exploit. "Climbing the high cliffs surrounding the Neocron World.." <-- I guess that means all cliffs like J01 etc. and not only the one at oz station? If so, good....

EDIT: I also want to know why it's classified as an exploit now when it wasnt before, I remember me whining about ppl going on top of the cliff hills and the only reply I got back from a moderator/gm (cant remember) was something like "get your own hovertech and do the same".
    Last edited by rob444; 27-07-04 at 17:07.
    /Rob

Question High Cliffs

Yo Carbonite!

Are you talking about just the high cliffs or are you including the two lower cliffs?? I just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Trent

I think its just the Top level, as you can get to the 2 lower levels by hovertech.

Back for the moment

Read the other thread on the subject where carbonite has posted.

Merged
    CopBot Freya
    Member of the Neocron Police Department Forum Squad
    Voluntary Helper, Neocron Support Team

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonite
    "Climbing the high cliffs surrounding the Neocron World by using an exploit to be able to snipe/drone with little to no risk of dying yourself. Added 07/26/2004" Dont drone or snipe or shoot from up there as you are in a place where you cannot be reached

Come on be real about this, what would do up there besides shooting ppl that cannot shoot back at you?!?
    i know there are places where you can get up there.
    Carbonite, I REALLY Really hate to point this out to you but. in the statement

"Climbing the high cliffs surrounding the Neocron World by using an exploit to be able to snipe/drone with little to no risk of dying yourself. Added 07/26/2004"

It says:

Climbing the high cliffs surrounding the Neocron World by using an exploit

So therefore you are able to be up there but arent allow to exploit up there. So meaning you must have a Vhc. with you when your up there otherwise you know that person exploited to get up there.

Oh and
    what would do up there besides shooting ppl that cannot shoot back at you?!?

A tank can snipe you with a rav and a CS, a spy can hit you as well. So can a pistol PE, oh and an APU can hit you as well if they are on the 2nd layer.

Answer my Email Carbonite!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by System; 27-07-04 at 19:14.
    Thee UnforgiveN
    Last Updated: Not doing to much with it until I start development

and there are many, many places where you can simply walk up the side of the cliff's..

what'll happen when flying vehical's come in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasel
    Quote Originally Posted by Q
    What's so hard about Q'alooaith?
    Well, for one thing it sounds like the name of some ancient and powerful demon whose internal organs are hanging outside it's body. For another thing it's staring at me evilly. I think your name doesn't like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Q`alooaith
    and there are many, many places where you can simply walk up the side of the cliff's..

what'll happen when flying vehical's come in?
    Most likely the rule will be removed at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Folsom
    Most likely the rule will be removed at that point.
    Most likely there will need to be some reworking of the maps.

Arguing on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics.
    Even if you win, you're still retarded.

You'll be happily flying around and hit a invisible wall...

Your Vehicle will blow up...

And you'll die from the fall.
    --- The Magic Is In The Sause

falling damage has been removed for some time MS
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasel
    Quote Originally Posted by Q
    What's so hard about Q'alooaith?
    Well, for one thing it sounds like the name of some ancient and powerful demon whose internal organs are hanging outside it's body. For another thing it's staring at me evilly. I think your name doesn't like me.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast