Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Why aren't they in the launcher window? Why isn't ANY of the important information we should know IN THE LAUNCHER WINDOW? instead of being lazy and having people miss important notices such as that get off your duffs, put a link in the launcher window "IMPORTANT! Rules changes here!". or any other things all players need to know, expecting everyone to come to these forums is unrealistic.
    Last edited by Mattimeo; 16-07-04 at 19:18.

Its a sensible rule, I'm just wondering why KK decided to make it now after so many people have been told 'tuff tittie you went AFK so it was your fault' by KK before.
    shhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Max
    Hehe

CAREBEAR hivemind
    Bah, you know damn well, you of ALL people know damn well, that isn't true.

I just think that as in any other game like this, players shouldn't have the full responsibility to find out about new rules. At least an email when stuff changes.

There's a saying in America: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

I feel like KK is hiding the water, and refilling the pool when no one's looking, and constantly altering the chemical makeup of the water without informing the people who are drinking.

Arguing on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics.
    Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumDelta
    So when people get a team of "Anti-PKers" to kill a PKer, they're actually PKing?

Nice.
    Not necessarily. Are they responding to an unprovoked attack that has just occured, or are we talking about something that happened a week ago? In my opinion, circumstances dictate whether or not a person or persons are "PKing".

I think some exceptions should be made to your rule, since some "PK" can easily be shown as RP.
    I completely agree.

I, like Jest, regularly enjoy(ed?) fighting against the odds, the technical difference between PK and PvP is PvP is consensual.

Well, in Neocron you CONSENT to PvP as soon as you remove your LE.

... And trust me, I'm "Anti-PK" when IC
    Again, I agree.

Trent

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Judge
    What if those people are an enemy faction or enemy clan?

Is that still "PKing"?
    Depends on how it is being done. Are you blowing away someone just passing by who shows "red" but has not done anything to you? Or are you in the middle of an OP fight? In the former, yes and in the latter no, and let me help you with some ammo - blast anyone from an enemy faction or clan. That is PvP, IMO.

Trent

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattimeo
    expecting everyone to come to these forums is unrealistic.
    Unrealistic or not, it's what you and everyone else signed up to. This is from the Neocron Rules of Conduct:
    THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE NEOCRON WEB SITE FROM TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT REAKKTOR MEDIA MAY HAVE MADE.
    N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trent
    Are you blowing away someone just passing by who shows "red" but has not done anything to you?
    Yes, that is exactly what I'm doing.

Don't see why they deserve to live if they oppose me tbh....

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Unrealistic or not, it's what you and everyone else signed up to. This is from the Neocron Rules of Conduct:
    N
    That's great.

Unfortunately, the CUSTOMERS are asking for something else.

Arguing on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics.
    Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    N
    way to hide behind it instead of helping yourselves and your customers. Instead of making it easier for everyone else, you guys just refuse to change it. Great job.

This has been the way in any MMORPG ive ever seen. But more updates on the launcher wouldnt hurt (lol, most use Neolauncher anyways though :P )

But this is really the first time its been brought up and only like 4 people are complainging about it, so i wouldnt go jumping to conclusions about all the customers not likeing it (Im from NY, USA, dont give me the crap that us in the US need to be catered to more then Euro people, most here can have the competince to check the rules every so often, and not complain about stuff i agreed to but was too lazy to read )

And nid is a Forum mod, not like he is gonna go rework the launcher. They said u would get a warnig first anyways.

So many customers seem to be the anti fanboy, almost activly working purposfully against the company they are playing the game from.

-Crono

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

I never said we wouldn't change it, I was merely pointing out that the current procedure is documented.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Yes, someway of seeing if people went AFK would be a very welcome addition... Im not so sure that the 'rooted to the spot' is such a good idea, i mean it is, but somehow i sense that would be exploited in some way... Dont ask me, but it could be used to block entrance/exit, kinda like trading players midfights... I am sure the community would find a way to exploit it...

At least the 'AFK' hovering above their head would be nice... or a "Zzzz"

Quote Originally Posted by hivemind
    This, to me, is another example of the constant collision of the European worker-based mindset and the American consumer-based mindset, and as such, there's no solution - except for me to continue to look for a decent MMO run by an American company that treats it's customers well (well by American standards, not European ones).

Yeah pretty much I do. I'm the one paying for a service.
    It's no wonder people say Americans have an "I'm special cuz I'm from the U-S-A." attitude.

I wish you'd quit with this "I'm the customer, do what I want." BS. The customer is NOT always right. KK agrees to provide you a certain service for a certain price under certain conditions (those conditions you agreed to when signed up for your account). They owe you nothing beyond that.

The fact that KK tries so hard to please all of the vastly different wants and needs of the community is admirable. Many times they don't succeed, but I think most of the time they fail it's because they try *too* hard to please everyone.

Is it realy so hard to stay on Topic? This thread was maked only to talk about a /afk and a auto_afk. Now i see 7 Sites full of ppl talking about NC Rules and if they good or not and so on! Make a new thread even when i think we not in the Position to talk about the Rules for the game realy!
    If u have something to tell about a /afk, Auto_afk switch do it pls but why in hell ultra highjack the Thread for talk about NC rules and how they maked?!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer
    If players can sign up for their account, and do all that BS. They can go to the website to check the rules. However an in-game email should be sent out each time the rules are updated.
    no way no ingame emails. Want to ruin my ingame RP experince with emails from reality . A launcher window link should be fine enough just so people can be quiet about it. They will still complain they dont' know because let's face it how many REALLY read the launcher page. The same amount that don't go to read the updated rules on the website -_-;;;

And an AFK tag would be great. Especially if it plants you to your position when in AFK mode and deactivates when you do something like typing, mouse movemnt, anything of that sort.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast