PDA

View Full Version : Faction Specfic Boosts

Nick Wrasse
30-05-04, 04:14
Warning: This post is fairly long, and some people will think it is incredibly stupid, feel free to voice your opinion, but do not flame as to keep this thread open.

Faction Specific Boosts

These would help people choose a faction that corresponds with their gameplay and stick with it. All bonuses would require master status as to avoice creating new characters to use some of the boosts that can be used at lower level.

City Admin: They are the police of Neocron. I feel they should be able to kill people in their hunting grounds (IE the scum like PKers) without a massive SL loss, maybe possibly no SL loss at all. The only problem with this is it could causea new breed of City Admin PKers, but most people who choose City Admin don't PK anything but enemies and make it more roleplayish.

BioTech: They are masters of implants, so wouldn't their employees be knowledgable about poking? They should be able to poke themselves, but not others, without putting points into the skill.

Diamond Real Estate: They work to provide the apartments, surely they have a record of sold apartments within the city and their passwords. I feel that Diamond Real Estate should have a special computer where they can type in a runners name (it must be done in their HQ) and find out their apartment password (City Apartments Only)

NEXT: They provide vehicles, you'd think they'd know how to drive. NEXT should be able to drive without having to put in skill points.

Tangent Technologies: Masters of weapons sure should be better combatants, I say they should have a +5, +10, or if your feeling nice +15 boost to all combats. (Excluding PSI)

ProtoPharm: They know medicine and resists, so it'd only be natural they'd have a +5, or +10 boost to all resists. This could potentially be overpowered with a PP Resistor chip but, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem since it is faction specific.

The Crahn Sect: The masters of PSI I would assume would be a little resitant to Psi Power (+15 Psi Resist) and be a little better at casting spells (+10 or +15 Psi Use)

Black Dragon: The drug lords, they've probably taken many of drugs, they are so used to it that their body can tolerate it without an after effect. Black Dragon shouldn't have drug haze.

Tsunami Syndicate: From what I remember they are very knowledgeable about tools (Construct / Research / Repair) so perhaps give them a small (+5 or +10) boost to each one.

The Fallen Angels: They are advanced in science, they probably know a little bit of hacking (+20 Hacking, the requirement for a hack tool)

The City Mercs: They are the mercenaries, they should be able to kill factions and only lose sympathy with THAT faction and not their allies. (This is due to a lack of a better idea for this faction)

Twilight Guardian: Wow I've been sitting here for the past 10 minutes and this is the only faction I can't think of anything for... perhaps that they can draw weapons in the city since they don't obey the laws there, now of course the CopBots would kill them before they could probably take someone down, but... if they get you in a corner, they can take you down. This is the worst idea of all but it's all I can think of.

Marx
30-05-04, 04:37
Tangent Technologies: Masters of weapons sure should be better combatants, I say they should have a +5, +10, or if your feeling nice +15 boost to all combats. (Excluding PSI)
People who build guns aren't neccesarily good with them.

ProtoPharm: They know medicine and resists, so it'd only be natural they'd have a +5, or +10 boost to all resists. This could potentially be overpowered with a PP Resistor chip but, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem since it is faction specific.
I don't see how it would make sense that protopharma would get a faction specific resist boost (first off since they get the resistor chip) and secondly because there's no reason for their resists to increase. I beleive it would make sense for groups out in the wastelands to have increase resists.

my take on faction perks (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=99783)

2ply
30-05-04, 08:11
The first problem I would see with this would be simple. Everyone would flock to the faction that gives them the best bonus. You'd have tradeskillers all in one faction, psi's in one(crahn, but I guess that's the way it's supposed to be,) and all the tanks/non-tradeskilling spies/pe's in one faction.

Don't think it would work imo. Possibly if it had alot of tweaking.

amfest
30-05-04, 08:22
we have enough flocking . .from flavor class of the month to this clan or faction is too powerful so i'll jump on the same boat. Faction hoppers for epic rewards which apparently was supported since there was that paladin thing for doing all epics.