PDA

View Full Version : Idea About Epic Items

Nick Wrasse
30-05-04, 03:38
Warning, this is a fairly long post. Please read all of it before posting and / or voting.

Epic Items

It has constantly been said: "Make Epic Items Faction Specific", now the problem with that was people were complaining that they couldn't use MOVEON and PP Resistor at the same time, Tangent Speed Gat unless they were CM etc.

I can sort of identify where their coming from. But I also understand why people don't want everyone to be able to get epic items, because of faction hoppers.

Here's what I propose, make epic items available to all, but require sympathy with that faction to equip it.

For example, a Twilight Guardian could use a Tangent Speed Gat as long as he isn't endlessly PKing CM or their allies.

Now this helps because Faction Hoppers who go back to an enemy faction have to keep their sympathy up, but it has some bad sides. Take for example a Diamond Real Estate is using a BioTech MOVEON. Now BioTech is not their enemy so they have no problem there, but Black Dragon and Diamond are enemies, and BD and BT are allied, so for killing a BD they'd lose BT sympathy. But that would cause a little less pointless PKing, a little lass faction hoping etc. Please comment on this and read my next post about Faction Specific Boosts.

amfest
30-05-04, 03:46
not a shabby idea but I don't think alot of people will go for it. Anything that would require some sorta work like that is too much for most people it seems in this game. Even so I'm not sure . .I"ll just mark I Am Neutral on the poll.

Lareolan
30-05-04, 18:58
That's a rather silly idea in my opinion as the epics are still incomplete. That puts the anti-city at a serious disadvantage as they must fight and kill city personnel (thus losing sympathy with those factions) and losing access to the epics items. Not to mention, how do you deal with sympathy drops? If you have a moveon in your head and your Biotech FS drops, does the chip pop out in the middle of a fight? What about the DRE storage cell? Or the NEXT reveler? They are not subject to such restrictions. Oh, you COULD put restrictions on activating the key, but once the key is active, what can you do to stop the person whose sympathy is negative to the faction from using the item?

Sorry, but this is a very badly thought out idea.

ezza
30-05-04, 21:06
id rather other gear be brough in beyond the epics avalible only to the faction

like faction specific PA, that has faction logo on it and faction colour scheme

or what ever else they can come up with, nothing that would make people have to go to a faction but some fun stuff to have.

but epics should be open to use for all(except CA but i think that should be changed to something else)

Geth
31-05-04, 01:35
Nice idea, but yes epics are still all messed up (I want my TS epic to be worth something Crahn-damn-it!) and the sympathy system is too unreliable to be counted on. Perhaps once they get everything else sorted out, ya it would be a great idea.

n3m
31-05-04, 01:43
Like Geth said, you can't really rely on the current faction system.I'd rather have other stuff that's faction restricted, like ezza said. The PE has a jacket with the Black Dragon Logo on it for example.

That way you can remove the faction above someone, and see only by clothing what faction he/she is. the holo vests could be really usefull then

Dribble Joy
31-05-04, 01:50
What ezza said really.

Non-unbalancing items and/or items that do not give an unfair advantage.
The Faction PA for example.

On a slightly unrelated note, remove the traders from Escuador Oasis ffs.
Get some trade/smuggling going.