PDA

View Full Version : Confused on Low Tech and High Tech drones

Biznatchy
29-05-04, 22:00
In the patch notes it gives damage for low tech and high tech drones. If i read them right low tech non rare was the ones that got posion damage and high tech non rare got xray damage. If this is indeed the case then a FA drone being fusion rifle type that would lend to the thinking it is a high tech drone. When shooting mobs i see what has to be little posion gas coming off the mobs im shooting. Doesnt make sense it seems.

Can someone explain or get a list of what is a low tech and high tech drone and what damage they are doing, just to clear up the info in the patch notes.

Benjie
29-05-04, 22:13
This is a little off topic, but what the hell? I've never leveled a spy, let alone a droner, and I fail to see how a drone could possibly be Low-Teck. In my opinion that's just contradictory.

J. Folsom
29-05-04, 22:19
Basically, Low Tech drones are all drones which do attacks you'd expect from weapons without Tech Combat (For example, gatling drones are low tech).

All other drones are high-tech.

Low Tech (Pierce and Force): Lightweight attack drones
MR series
RK series
AR series
KK series
GA series Low Tech Rare (Pierce, Force and Poison): MOSQUITO
RAPTOR
REVENGE High Tech (Energy and Xray): L series
SPL series
SF series
TL series
PL series
FA series
RG series
GAL series
PLC series
FC series
PB seriesHigh Tech Rare (Energy, Fire and Xray): PARTICLE NEMESIS
PUNISHER

@Benjie: It's basically variation of attack types, some drones look they're firing normal bullets, while others have lasers and such. The bullet-based ones are low-tech, the other ones high-tech. ;)

Biznatchy
30-05-04, 00:18
So why do I see a posion gas cloud from my FA-100?

Is it a bug with the art in neocron? no that would never happen.

Tratos
30-05-04, 00:56
LowTech Rare: Force, Pierce, Poison

Well poison was added as a drone damage type but not to the type of drone your using O_o strange

Biznatchy
30-05-04, 03:10
Well poison was added as a drone damage type but not to the type of drone your using O_o strange

Ya i just moved my droner up to a RG1000 drone for thoes that dont know it, that is the raygun cannon type aoe drone. Im in the el farid underground pop the drugs to use it and blam, im killing scorps. I can clearly see a green cloud of gas coming off the scorps as I shoot the RG1000.

This leads me to one of two thoughts they screwed up the artwork, or they have screwed up the patch notes.

So the real question here is what damage am i really doing?

This is a big issue now that mobs have resist to damage types, and posion isnt resisted by shelter.