PDA

View Full Version : DOY tunnel mobs - WTF !

JediMasta
28-05-04, 22:55
Seriously, these guys are just way too hard to beat as it is. I just came off the testserver after some serious testing of the tunnels, and i just cant see how people are supposed to be able to beat the high lvl mobs without a team of 10 ppus behind them. The first few lvls, A-C are ok. Theyre tough, but can be done. Get to the lowest lvl tho, and its a damn joke. It would be ok if there was say 1-2 rank 120/120 's. But go down there and see for yourself, theres swarms of rank 120's and even more rank 100's crowding around them.
Solo is impossible, and a huge group of people isnt viable, the tunnels are so cramped that itd be extremely extremely difficult to fight as part of a 10+ man team, which is what the lower levels seem to require.
If there were a few rank 120's fair enough. But the sheer number of them atm makes hunting there totally unviable.

And plz, dont go saying "omg noob get better resists!" On the testserver I play a ppu. My skills are temporalily capped since i was helping in the filming of a NC movie, and my skills were capped so i could use both apu and ppu spells.
So thats capped (255 in each) resists, capped body health, and im using a capped shelter and deflecter, a capped holy heal sanctum and a capped holy heal. With all of these, I could barely outheal the damage in the lowestl lvl, and the moment my buffs ran out I was killed in like 2.5 secs. So how can a normal runner ever hope to survive there ?

Mr Friendly
28-05-04, 22:58
suxky team u must have @_@

we go in V all the time, er w/e the lowest one is named, & only got about 3 ppus at most

the only REAL difficulty for us has been trying to get back out >_<

JediMasta
28-05-04, 23:00
Crap. Forget my last post, mods delete thread plz.
I just went back on, and realised i was using a goddam basic heal, rofl !

<== nib

jiga
28-05-04, 23:06
IMO the the dmg that they do needs to be lowered. It's rediculous as it is now. There fact that you are given no cover makes it hard enough

Aziraphale
28-05-04, 23:11
IMO the the dmg that they do needs to be lowered. It's rediculous as it is now. There fact that you are given no cover makes it hard enough

It's not that bad, the raygun robot thingies do like, 30 damage a shot to my spy. Raygun cannons hurt like buggery, but still only about 1/4-1/3 of my health.
With a PPU and team it would be great fun, not easy, but fun.

amfest
28-05-04, 23:12
well typically everyone is always trying to get a shot off in most caves. Even if there are tons of people and you have problems targetting the mobs people will just blast away to no end. I've always wondered how well it would work if people would take turns Old school style. You know people line up and move forward and waste out a clip then as they are reloading fall back let next wave move in front of them and attack .. repeat with like 3 lines of people. the back lines get healed by the ppu. So there will typically be a heal or something on you maybe. Mobs might have a harder time at getting to you once you aggro cause you fall back and people are blocking the mobs fire. And the dmg fromthat isn't always as harsh. Oh well just curious :p

jiga
28-05-04, 23:15
It's not that bad, the raygun robot thingies do like, 30 damage a shot to my spy. Raygun cannons hurt like buggery, but still only about 1/4-1/3 of my health.
With a PPU and team it would be great fun, not easy, but fun.
Hmm. What dmg type do they do?

Aziraphale
28-05-04, 23:17
Hmm. What dmg type do they do?

I thought it was energy/x-ray, but someone told me that the raygun chappies to energy and fire.

Gotterdammerung
28-05-04, 23:23
Now this may sound just totally crazy & deranged, but itn't it just possible they were made to ENCOURAGE teamplay ?

Imagine if they were filled with the usual arrays of agressors, launchers and a few high mobs, whats the point ? havn't we enough aggie cellers & outzones in the game ?

These mobs drop different loot, the tunnels are huge, and firefights are intense, why would we need another coockie cutter dungeon.

Play it with your buddies and have a good time, most everyone else is doing it that way and having a good time as well

Gotterdammerung
28-05-04, 23:29
ps. closed as per starters request

(above comments still apply though)