PDA

View Full Version : question (combat pistol spy/constructer)

LiL T
28-05-04, 20:05
I making a pistol spy and I want it to be a good fighter but I want to have construction as a trade skill. Question is will I be able to do it and still be a good fighter ?

Strych9
28-05-04, 20:17
I making a pistol spy and I want it to be a good fighter but I want to have construction as a trade skill. Question is will I be able to do it and still be a good fighter ?Depends on your definition of good.

Pistols dont need much weapon lore, so I would say sure. The pistol you choose to use will dictate your WL need... and you might need some Psi Use... and then put all of the rest in construction.

You wont have people banging down your door for builds, but you will certainly be able to get the job done.

Huzar
28-05-04, 20:27
combat pistol / researcher is much better option imho.

You gona need 75 base WL (buffed should be around 120)
and your max base const in this case will be 155.
You can have 210 construction, with imps and buffs. Thats nice, but you will have to switch imps all the time.
W/O implant skill this is gona be hard.

As a researcher 155 is very good value. And you don't have to switch implants, coz 155 is base.

Strych9
28-05-04, 20:29
combat pistol / researcher is much better option imho.

You gona need 75 base WL (buffed should be around 120)
and your max base const in this case will be 155.
You can have 210 construction, with imps and buffs. Thats nice, but you will have to switch imps all the time.
W/O implant skill this is gona be hard.

As a researcher 155 is very good value. And you don't have to switch implants, coz 155 is base.I STRONGLY disagree.

155 is good enough Constr with 100 Dex and 100 Int to get stuff done.

I wouldnt let a 155 researcher touch my rare parts. WAAAY too many failures.

Just my opinion.

-=z=-
28-05-04, 22:29
I STRONGLY disagree.

155 is good enough Constr with 100 Dex and 100 Int to get stuff done.

I wouldnt let a 155 researcher touch my rare parts. WAAAY too many failures.

Just my opinion.

I have to agree with Strych9 on this. Good Researchers need all the INT points they can get into RES, even at skill level 220 I've heard of people destroying techparts, which is insane.

You can even gain INT points by skilling IMP as a combat\CST spy.
Base IMP: 49 (10 INT levels)
SPY 1: 5
IMP Glove: 15
Nightspider: 16
Total: 84 IMP

Enough IMP to poke in CST3, CST2, CST1, & SS = 40 points CST or 40 INT levels at 100+ levels for a cost of only 10 INT levels.

Mr_Snow
28-05-04, 22:35
It is possible but you wont be able cast shelter, your either going to be slow or not have the greatest resists because your going to have to have all +PC imps to get a decent aim/damage/RoF on high end pistols.

In reality if your good with pistol spies you will do good but if your not your not going to be able to pvp, in saying that I could kill capped tanks and apus solo with a pure constructor.

Xylaz
29-05-04, 00:22
Easily, i'd say - and with a little loss of offensive capabilities (-1 brain slot for the cst 3) - 185 p-c, 120 weapon lore, 125 cst (+15 glove + factory + buff is more than enough really).
This setup requries 2x10 min drugs: for str and psi. Quite viable for me.

Nuski
29-05-04, 01:10
Just confirming that my researcher on uranus blew an expensive whilst having TL-221 its beyond a joke, makes ressing mc5's a dodgy job spec if they blow! try and explain that to your customer. Constructors break bp's so what but to lose the part as a researcher is nasty. As regards construction the slot debate was sorted by Thanatos stating that the more points you have the better your chances. Personally i would make 2 spies a combat spy and a constructor.

LiL T
29-05-04, 01:31
Bah after looking at my options I think I'm just gonna make a pure construct after capping other wise it would just be a gimpish char really :(