PDA

View Full Version : Construction after the patch

Strych9
28-05-04, 15:44
{Mods please feel free to merge this if it needs to be merged}

Okay, patch has brought about construction changes. My take:

1. NEW RECIPES. This is pretty harsh in some cases. Like the other thread states, WP8s should be store bought now. We happened to have 100 WP8s and 100WP9s stored up for a rainy day, but know we have trouble deciding what to use em on (before the 8s were just for the high end Psi spells mostly). Now, granted, all you have to do is build the WPs from chems.

2. NEW EXP LEVELS. Quite pleased. My constr is super silly high, and I can get 40K int and 40K dex constructing punisher drones. Each construction takes 55 seconds to finish, and uses 50 lube. I am almost at 90 Int, and just hit 90 Dex, and it will take about 37 more hours of continuous construction of punishers to cap Int and Dex. (havent mentioned Str, cause Str has been capped, so I dont know how much Str each build gives). 37 hours and over 600 more packs of lube (for just under 2500 more drones). Now 37 hours is a lot of time in game just building, but that seems fair to me for the final 10 levels of Int and Dex. I can sell the drones at 5K each and make a decent profit since I buy the WP 6,5, and 4 with my barterer.

Now, the benefit of this is SOMEWHAT mitigated by the fact that I am stuck having to do drones for optimal return on time invested. I would just assume build Holy Rezz or something like that which I could slot and sell, but in order to do that I have to have the drop-only weapon parts.

Now I havent checked, but before the patch, building WP8s was a HUGE hassle. Dragging chems all over the place, and while the build was instantaneous, I got no experience for it. Now I am sure the chem recipe for the WP8 and WP9 is simplified now, I still likely wont get any exp for it.

So in my mind, the reward of more exp has been decreased SLIGHTLY by the fact that you cannot build as much now as you could before. No one in their right mind will sell off their WP8s and WP9s, so as a constructor (my point of view) your only chance is build the WPs from chems. Which is fine if you are trying to save and make money on your builds, but before at least you had the option to do large batches of builds for experience without having to hassle with the chems and building WPs.

So now I am just stuck doing drones, unless I want to take the time to build the 2500 WP8s or WP9s I would need for building anything else.

3. BUILD TIMES. This is something I would like to see worked on next. Maybe make the build time for an item be

time = base amount of time * (item TL/your construction level)

So that the higher you get, the quicker it goes.

As it stands right now, there is a cap on speed. No matter how much more construction I get (only 11 more points even possible in the game) I will always take 55 seconds to build a punisher.

I am not asking to have them be an instant build, but I think it makes sense that as you get more skilled, time should decrease.

My monk can drop a grim chaser in WAY less than 55 seconds and she gets WAY more than 40K for it. Not that construction should equal that, but as a combat char goes up in level, damage dealt goes up, so levelling time goes down.

This applies to Research as well. Time to complete a BP should be influenced by your level.

4. NEW FORMULAS. Yep, new formulas are in place. With 229 construction, I was failing Punishers (TL 122) left and right, and even destroyed 2 cubes out of the first... 120 or so that I have built. And quite a few failures. Probably the way it should be, because before I dont think I EVER lost a cube building punishers.

ezza
28-05-04, 15:52
so would it be resonable to level a tradeskiller now without needing to go hunting?

Strych9
28-05-04, 15:58
Yes, I would say so.

I figured out 2500 punishers to get me from Int/Dex 90 or so to 100. Thats 100 mil experience exactly.

Now to get to that point, which is around 57-60 mil experience, you would just build whatever. You could actually start building punishers quite early on (just need 122 Constr and depending on your Int and Dex you would have a lot of failures).

My only problem is that because of the WP8s and WP9s, you would have to avoid doing a lot of mainstream building and stick to just drones.

Imagine if you went out mob hunting, and you had to kill several low level mobs that gave no experience in order to get a single mob to appear that provides you with experience....