PDA

View Full Version : nc

R.S.Savage
28-05-04, 13:56
u cant alt tab neore since the last patch ? why ?

and if its just me nevermind...but i think its not :P

just...change it back?

Maarten
28-05-04, 13:57
Read the first part of the patch notes PLEASE...

ezza
28-05-04, 13:59
yar they couldnt be bothered sorting it.

its a pain in the ass, cos im used to alt tabbing everytime someone logs on team speak :mad:

Psychoninja
28-05-04, 14:02
Me too, check msn, irc etc...
Think it's a secret plot to nerf afkers!!!

ezza
28-05-04, 14:03
Me too, check msn, irc etc...
Think it's a secret plot to nerf afkers!!!
yup i cant lom and read forum anymore :(

Freya
28-05-04, 14:03
its an issue with preparing DX9 and bdoy

window mode is personaly what i use, also try keeping your desktop resolution and game reso the same, been told that helps

ezza
28-05-04, 14:04
its an issue with preparing DX9 and bdoy

window mode is personaly what i use, also try keeping your desktop resolution and game reso the same, been told that helps
i presume therefore we have to await BDoY for it to be fixed?

Psychoninja
28-05-04, 14:05

Both are the same resolution, still happens :(
I'll just use wondow mode more I guess

Freya
28-05-04, 14:06
i presume therefore we have to await BDoY for it to be fixed?

that is what was said

another thing to try if in window mode is your monitors contrst, brightness, ect

that is how i was playing and i had no troubles

slaughteruall
28-05-04, 14:07
They should of kept it out untill DOY was released. I cant beleave were going to have this "feature" untill DOY is released what a fucking joke.

personaly i think it is a small price to pay until doy comes out...mmm so close

Close were 3 months away from doy that's not close.

ezza
28-05-04, 14:09
i gotta say i think it was a mistake for them to do this, if bdoy was only a few weeks away np, but i mean we gotta have this for...4months?

nibbish i say nibbish

ah 3 months one month out :p

rob444
28-05-04, 14:10
Well I can live with windowmode I guess, fps is less in window mode than fullscreen (at least on my system). Cant however see how this couldnt be fixed, what is it, one line of code to fix the framebuffer?

EDIT: BTW, you've got the frame initialization at the start of client.exe, dont you have a procedure for the frame initialization? Why not? All you have to do when alt+tab back in, is to call that procedure?

MkVenner
28-05-04, 14:33
when i go in window mode the bottom and right edges get cut off, desktop and NC are both 1024x768 its annoying coz im constantly tabbing out for forums/irc/msn etc

R.S.Savage
28-05-04, 14:36
i have to wait till 1st sep tember 2008 till ti gets fixed?

winnoc
28-05-04, 14:37
I now have to use either my server or my gf's computer to do the rarelist in excel, TS and IE.
It works even better, as i can just quick look at the other screen now.

R.S.Savage
28-05-04, 14:37
im annoyed to play nc cause of th is...jsut friggin hotfix it and do it like.... 31st or 30 august?

ezza
28-05-04, 14:38
i have to wait till 1st sep tember 2008 till ti gets fixed?
:rolleyes:

not acorrding to the calander, niddy seems pretty sure it is sept 1 this year as he put it in himself ;)

R.S.Savage
I now have to use either my server or my gf's computer to do the rarelist in excel, TS and IE.
It works even better, as i can just quick look at the other screen now.
not everyone has a second computer

R.S.Savage
:rolleyes:

not acorrding to the calander, niddy seems pretty sure it is sept 1 this year as he put it in himself ;)
...mjs was pretty sure it would be released.... ..around june 2003

R.S.Savage
28-05-04, 14:39
anyway this isnt a i hate kk etc thread...just do that alt tab hotfix and itll all be good and i wont bother till 1st september

ezza
28-05-04, 14:40
pfhh what does he know

Dribble Joy
28-05-04, 14:41
I have been using windowed mode for a while since alt-tabbing would fuck up my desktop gamma.

Personnally I don't see how you can use 1600x1200, can you even see all the writing?

MkVenner
28-05-04, 14:43
id have no problem using windowed, but atm i cant see what chat mode im in, the last line of text, the bottom of local and the GM help button in the top corner :(

Benjie
28-05-04, 14:45
They should of kept it out untill DOY was released. I cant beleave were going to have this "feature" untill DOY is released what a fucking joke.

Close were 3 months away from doy that's not close.
Would you wait another month for BDoY if it ment you could have your precious Alt and Tab?

Dribble Joy
28-05-04, 14:47
id have no problem using windowed, but atm i cant see what chat mode im in, the last line of text, the bottom of local and the GM help button in the top corner :(
Problem I had for a while, this is because the window fits above the task bar, which is shorter than the fullscreen NC window.

I use auto hide on my task bar, and don't have to resize the NC window any more.

slaughteruall
28-05-04, 14:51
Would you wait another month for BDoY if it ment you could have your precious Alt and Tab?

Like that is even a choice. They could easily include this DX9 feature with the DOY download. Hell there including DX9 features in the patches and this game ain't even using DX9 yet still on DX7.

Slaughter

ZoomZoom
28-05-04, 15:02
on sof2 a window minizor was made and it laged thee server

R.S.Savage
28-05-04, 15:02
Like that is even a choice. They could easily include this DX9 feature with the DOY download. Hell there including DX9 features in the patches and this game ain't even using DX9 yet still on DX7.

Slaughter

TRUE TRUE TRUE!!!!!!! get rid of dx9 till 1st sep damnit...we want alt tab ffs

Candaman
28-05-04, 15:08

<3 R.S.

R.S.Savage
28-05-04, 15:10
<3 R.S.

who are ig?

and i really really like a hotfix please...PLEASE!!!

R.S.Savage
28-05-04, 15:11
simply vote..either fu savage or fu hotfix...easy..