PDA

View Full Version : SubSlots

Cruzbroker
28-05-04, 11:50
The hud is redone when doy comes, but the QB is staying I think.. SOOOO here's a little idea..

Every QB slot would have 3 'subslots'. Except safeslot. (slot - slot - slot, 3 slots in one number. Hope you get it..)
Items in the QB subslots must be the SAME TYPE.

For PPU Spells these would be Buffs, Shields and "Aggressive" (para, DB and SC) spells.

Drugs and Boosters. Only the same drug can be put in the same subslots (Red Flashes to Red Flashes). Same with boosters (Stamina Boosters to Stamina Boosters and PSI Boosters to PSI Boosters).

Weapons can not be put in subslots. Nor APU spells. Neither RARE SANCTUMS or RESURRECTION. (Maybe some others that I can't think of right now).

The cool visual explanation:

1. - One Item, no subslots.
2. - Stamina Booster - Stamina Booster - Stamina Booster.
3. - Red Flash - Red Flash - Red Flash.
4. - Heal - Group Heal - Heal Sanctum.
5. - Shelter - Deflector - Shield (And the sanctum / group alikes).
6. - Hazard Booster 3 - Melee Combat Booster 3 - Spy Booster 3.
7. - Parashocks - Damage Boost - Soul Cluster.

There should be an option "Move to Quickbelt" when right clicking on items in inventory. Also there should be a hot-key to SHOW ALL SUBSLOTS (+ when you move mouse over a slot in the QB it would expand). (You who've played Diablo 2 know what I'm mean, showing the belt's all slots with ' -key).

This would solve some problems with PPUs and not giving endless amounts of boosters / drugs nor anything else in QB. Boosters could be -1 stack (stam booster 2 -> from 4 to 3) and price reduced correctly if you think it's too many.

Everyone has played half life so you know how you would select a ppu spell in subslot. Just press the button twice or three times..

edit: fixed typos..

amfest
28-05-04, 11:55
I don't think being a demi god should be made any easier.

Xiphias
28-05-04, 11:57
yeah, the whole running out of psi boosters in your quickslots and having to go into your inventory to replenish is annoying in times of need...

whilst other classes get an automatic reload... would be nice to see this function with monks also.

Cruzbroker
28-05-04, 12:05
I think people would easily mess up with shelters if they put them in same subslots.. (Mouse wheel would skip the subslots).
And I don't think their godness would be easier with this.

ino
28-05-04, 13:34
The only thing I would love to have is one, One little slot that can stack say like 5 psi boosters. The rest is fine anyway. Offcourse if you can stack psi boosters, then medikits, drugs and sta boosters should be stackable in atleast one slot.

I dont use any drugs like some do, not even vs para and so on. But there are lots of ppl that do, so drugs, medikits and *booster should be stackable. To move stuff from inv to qb is always annoying and frustrating in the heat of something.

Benjie
28-05-04, 13:46
Just make a new drug called PSI Booster 4 which is exactly the same as a PSI booster 3 but with 1 extra use.
No need for complex coding of Quickbelts.

Cruzbroker
28-05-04, 14:18
You did not quite get it. But what ever.