PDA

View Full Version : Problem Starting any suggestions?

amfest
28-05-04, 02:41
OKay I had to find some vid drivers that worked with my vid card again . heh . and I got them installed and old games like Quake 2, UT and Shogo are playing fine on my system but Neocron wont' start now -_-;;;;

I checked files and everything seems alright. I click to play neocron and when it goes from the launcher and Neocron window begins to show it just disappears and never starts. I tried holding shift to bring up the display thing but nothing .. it just stops coming up. Tried running from DOS client.exe -sysconfig and does the same thing -_-;;

Any suggestions or am I going to have to reinstall, download all the patches again andhope for the best :(

BombShell
28-05-04, 02:42
OKay I had to find some vid drivers that worked with my vid card again . heh . and I got them installed and old games like Quake 2, UT and Shogo are playing fine on my system but Neocron wont' start now -_-;;;;

I checked files and everything seems alright. I click to play neocron and when it goes from the launcher and Neocron window begins to show it just disappears and never starts. I tried holding shift to bring up the display thing but nothing .. it just stops coming up. Tried running from DOS client.exe -sysconfig and does the same thing -_-;;

Any suggestions or am I going to have to reinstall, download all the patches again andhope for the best :(

try defragging sometimes that helps it. then restart the whole comp i mean shutdown that might help does with me.

Lexxuk
28-05-04, 02:45
just move c:\program files\neocron\patches to anywhere else really, or, quick n easy dos way..

cd c:\
mkdir NCPATCHES
copy c:\program files\neocron\patches\*.pat c:\NCPATCHES

or use explorer

saves time :)

amfest
28-05-04, 02:52
just move c:\program files\neocron\patches to anywhere else really, or, quick n easy dos way..

cd c:\
mkdir NCPATCHES
copy c:\program files\neocron\patches\*.pat c:\NCPATCHES

or use explorer

saves time :)
that would be nice but I deleted them all cause I needed more room and I was getting rid of alot of extra crap on my pc . . lol. So I'd have to redownload them all except the last 3 patches. :p

amfest
28-05-04, 05:05
well i decided to reinstall . . . . . downloaded the patches .. download the installer it says on the launcher page . . and it started to install the patches . only I got nothing but failed to patch but it kept going . . and Now it appears to be fixing every file that didn't update correctly >_< so every file patched was broken . . d'oh. Wonder how long this is going to take .. and just watch . . i bet i'm still not going to be able to start up neocron -_-;;

amfest
28-05-04, 23:00
Welp still can't start Neocron . . . :(

Guess the game wants me to quit playing so no one will see me around now
-_-;;;;

Still click start on launcher it starts to pop up the neocron window then it just disappears and never is to be seen again. Config doesn't work cause it never lets it start. Oh well . I"ll try some other things I suppose. Guess I should just get a new vid card but I didn't want to have to put any more money into this hunk of junk only into building a PC. I'm also unemployed <--lazy bum who lives off his savings ;) It just sucks that my other games will start up but neocron won't . . . I wonder if it has to do something with the recent patch hmmmm

amfest
29-05-04, 00:23
gahh i hate to post soo many times ina row but umm

Can someone tell me what to put int he ini file to make it run in software mode maybe? on the

PREFDRIVER =

is it just PREFDRIVER = "software" or what? Since I can't get to the configure menu at all. I have no clue what's up and I"m getting really upset cause I can't start neocron :(

Moscow
29-05-04, 00:31
Not a PERFECT idea, but it worked for me nontheless;

Have you tried grabbing another copy of the main .exe file and overwriting your current one? I had a similar problem (Neocron would fatal rather than "hang"), but after a friend sent me his Neocron.exe I got in straight away.

I could even access the config program as well! :D

Peace.

-Moscow

amfest
29-05-04, 00:37
**** Neocron Init Logfile ***
Window Creation....Host Init....Completed
language init:ENG
Completed
Engine.Driver.Host. Exit StartHost. Exit TextureHost. Exit ActorHost. Exit SoundHost. Exit TextHost. Exit ShotsHost. Exit NetmgrHost. Exit NetBufferHost. Exit ScriptHost. Exit InputHost. Exit MouseCtrlHost. Exit ConsoleHost. Exit GenmgrHost. Exit CommandHost. Exit EndFailed
No Driver System available

errr ummm :eek:

I think umm .. errr .. . "cries".

on the PREFDRIVER nothing is showing up :(

Spoon
29-05-04, 00:59
Try running "Configure Neocron" from the start menu....

And

STARTTIME="12"
PREFDRIVER = "(D3D7) Primary Display Driver"
PREFMODENAME = "1024x768x32"
PREFSOUNDDRIVER = "Generic DirectSound Driver"
PREFSOUNDMIXER = "Generic DirectSound Mixer"

amfest
29-05-04, 01:13
yea spoon i've been running it from the start menu. The thing is it still loads up initially something . . . for the configure menu that is .. so it automatically just doesn't come up with anything. It closes without any error boxes or what not. I'm totally locked out cause nothing initializes or isn't there. I can't even load the tutorial. Hmm I think i'm going to have to uninstall once again and this time not patch at all and just runthe tutorial ..if I can load it .. then it's the patch that did this to me .. oh well . . .here' goes 3rd install.

Nuski
29-05-04, 01:18
I had exactly the same problem when i changed my vid drivers on my laptop. I changed to ATi catalyst drivers and it has an amazingly silly option in it called VPU recover, i unticked it and now my neocron does load perfectly. So check your settings in advanced and see if you have that silly option.

Lexxuk
29-05-04, 01:18
have u tried windowed mode?

amfest
29-05-04, 01:39
Well I've changed drivers like mad also .. I've installed and uninstalled all driver archives I have of my card . . . I think i goofed on something cause some dll can't be loaded anymore on startup :p dern it! So I dont' think it would be that option .. I've never had this problem before and have been playing neocron since beta -_-;; All my typical old games play fine but neocron won't load. I suspect the patch but I coudl be wrong so I"m checking everything I can. hah right now i'm at 640x480 on 16 colors and boy does the neocron forum look umm ..lol.

yea lexxuk my one lunged friend ... I've tried windowed mode along with shutter mode and no go :( and I was thinking about releasing my carebear flag on one character on Saturn and PvPing :( oh well.

I doubt I'll buy a new video card just for neocron and it's not worth it for newer games since I have a p3 500mhz . .. I don't even have the system specs for the majority I'd consider playing . .lol. So if I can't get this resolved then it looks like i'm gone :(

Lexxuk
29-05-04, 01:40
hmm, whats ur neocron.ini look like?

amfest
29-05-04, 01:45
//neocron INIFILE
STARTTIME="12"
PREFDRIVER = "(D3D7) Primary Display Driver"
PREFMODENAME = "640x480x16"
PREFSOUNDDRIVER = "Generic DirectSound Driver"
PREFSOUNDMIXER = "Generic DirectSound Mixer"
GAMMA = "1.1"
STARTUPMENU = "TRUE"
SHOWCONSOLE = "TRUE"
FASTRUN = "FALSE"
CASTSHADOWS = "FALSE"
BIGLIGHTS = "TRUE"
WEAPONVISIBLE = "TRUE"
HUDACTIVE = "FALSE"
RECORDMOVIE = "FALSE"
STARTTIME = "12"
CAMREPLAY = "FALSE"
PLAYCDTRACK = "0"
SAVEMOVIE = "FALSE"
MOVIEFPS = "15"
NETBASEIP = "62.140.29.54:7000"
NOSPLASH="TRUE"
NOEXTRO="TRUE"

the prefdriver I added manually by what was said earlier .. when I reinstalled it was like this "." nothing else in the " " As I've said whenever i try to start or config even with the dos prompt and -sysconfig added it shows the window with the Neocron Title bar and then poof! it's gone .. and nothing happens. I believe I posted earlier what the initialize file says .. it's just not picking up any drivers or whatnot. isn't there a software mode though? shouldn't it throw it into that if it can't get the d3d or whatnot?

Nuski
29-05-04, 01:59
If you have messed about with lots of drivers then maybe you havent removed all of them properly?. I know i used to use a nifty little program for removing the nvidia detonator drivers cos a standard removal didnt clear them.

Oh and your ini file matched mine apart from the resolution so im not sure about it being nc :/ Hopefully one of the kk staff might look in on tis and give some advice.

Lexxuk
29-05-04, 03:06
remove a " from the end of PREFMODENAME = "1280x768x32" so its PREFMODENAME = "1280x768x32 for instance (my settin)

it should then pop up the "select a new option", try for 800x600@32 or something, and keep playin, till it works? :p

amfest
29-05-04, 04:01
nope . .it won't pop up the config .. it isn't picking up any options for video display lexxuk :\

StryfeX
29-05-04, 06:45
nope . .it won't pop up the config .. it isn't picking up any options for video display lexxuk :\I hate to say this... but it sounds like a computer problem more than an NC problem. I suppose you could try redownloading and installing DirectX 9.0b as well.

NC is way too freakin sensitive. :(

--Stryfe

Spoon
29-05-04, 06:47
and run dxdiag, as well......

good luck..

yavimaya
29-05-04, 07:07
lol have you tired newer/ older or just different drivers?
Some games are funny, well computers in general - if you dont set them up right :P

E.G. i can overclock my Gcard by like 75Mhz, from 425 gpu and 501ram, to like 500 gpu and 575 ram. :P
And.... Farcry runs like a dream, all settings up highest, anitaliasing, etc on highest.
However, i cant even run UT2k4 or neocron with it overclocked AT ALL. they just dont like it, and drop to about 10FPS, each, if not worse.

amfest
29-05-04, 08:06
lol have you tired newer/ older or just different drivers?
Some games are funny, well computers in general - if you dont set them up right :P

E.G. i can overclock my Gcard by like 75Mhz, from 425 gpu and 501ram, to like 500 gpu and 575 ram. :P
And.... Farcry runs like a dream, all settings up highest, anitaliasing, etc on highest.
However, i cant even run UT2k4 or neocron with it overclocked AT ALL. they just dont like it, and drop to about 10FPS, each, if not worse.
Well the problem with newer is the card I"m using a Voodoo 3 3500 card .. if they are the newest drivers they are 3rd party which lies problems with people pointing fingers at that. I've used a few different drivers while NC has been installed and never had a problem.

I did download and reinstall 9.0b or whatever earlier today and No go .. no problems with current display on the diagonstic. As said my other games though old still run perfectly fine. If it is a PC problem what has really changed on my pc since then? I didn't have this problem till after patch. *shrugs* I'm checking PC problems but so far no go .. everything else works perfectly fine with any driver I install and drivers that neocron SHOULD work with don't. I've uninstalled and reinstalled neocron twice already. And I'm going to do it again now I didn't have time earlier and try playing the tutorial before patching .. oh well -_-;;

amfest
29-05-04, 08:40
HAHA it started up into game for offline demo well I got to a login screen. -_-;; and got the config neocron up and running. Going to patch it a little and see if I can do it again. Until I get to the last patches and see if I lose ability to even load neocron up.

amfest
29-05-04, 09:18
it was hard to stop the patcher from loading the patches when it wason a roll but I tested up to patch 195 and the offline demo loaded up fine.with the configure neocron thing . . . I patched up to current patch and poof the problem I have now. So apparently the latest patches have screwed me totally out of playing :( I suppose this is going to be it for me cause I doubt this will get fixed just for little ol me :( and I dont' think playing for a game I can't play is reasonable.

amfest
31-05-04, 05:20
Okay I finally got my reply from my email from tech support .. and I must say after never really dealing with them cause I've never had a tech problem .. I've lost respect for them with this who thing. Notice what I've highlighted in red .. .and thier reply in Orange

> Due to the latest neocron patches I've lost the ability to start up neocron.
>
>
> not sure if it's releavent but at the end of the Init.Log it says No Driver System
> available.
>
> I click play on the launcher and it begins to show the window with the title
> bar saying neocron then it just disappears and nothing happens. Configure doesn't
> come up at all. When I try configure the PREFDRIVER changes to PREFDRIVER = "."
> in the neocron.ini. So apparently it's not finding the video drivers or something
> with the latest patch.
>
> I've changed drivers to several different versions. All my other games work fine
> but neocron still has this problem. I've clean reinstalled 2 times with nothing
> changing. I reinstalled a 3rd time but this time I tried the offline demo early
> on and I got in and was able to play it. I worked my way up through the patches
> trying the offline demo and playing it fine . .. last patch I was able to try
> it was patch 195. (it's sorta hard to stop the patcher fast enough) I know it
> worked fine on patch 197 cause I was playing during that time. but after patch
> 199 is installed and I"m up to date with the server I can't initialize Neocron
> at all. Not even to the offline demo.
>
> I have a 3dfx voodoo 3 3500 which of course is unsupported anymore as 3dfx is
> no longer around. So finding the current drivers isn't too much an option. As
> said I've tried several driver versions around for it .. orginal and 3rd party
> with no success but my other games work fine that are FPS games. I suppose it
> has to do with that thing that was done to ready for direct X 9 which is apparent
> with people complaining on the forums about alt-tabbing and coming up with black
> screens. Maybe it has some relation..
> I've reinstalled the latest directx and done the display tests and such . . no
> problems. I"ve also tried setting neocron to startup in window mode no go.
>
> I guess I don't expect anyway to fix this besides getting a new video card that
> will work with the newer things that are being done. And I read that the alt-tab
> thing won't be fixed so I assume that includes the problem i'm having. Considering
> it's not worth buying a new video card to play just one game on this pc my only
> option is to cancel my neocron account. :(
>
> But I've written this out to see if there was any other thing that I might have
> missed that could maybe be done.
>
> Thanks for any advice
>
> P.S. This is the forum topic I had started about it asking other players for
> advice if you care to check. http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=99812 (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=99812)
>
>
>

The last patch changed the inital video setting as some dx9 components ahve been added. Please reselct the gfx drivers in the Neocron configuration (configure Neocron menu enty or hold down shift when pressing play Neocron in the Launcher).

If you can't access the configuration,, please try reinstalling Neocron.

With kind regards,
"name edited out"

--
Neocron Support Team
www.neocron.com (http://www.neocron.com/)

REAKKTOR.COM
Building Better Worlds
www.reakktor.com (http://www.reakktor.com/)

I really don't know what to say but I guess I"m screwed and won't be able to play anymore :( :( :( so long to all the time i've spent on all my characters and all the techs, epic stuff and what not I've collected :(