PDA

View Full Version : Holo Vest Thingys....

Smok3d
28-05-04, 01:54
says they where added in the patch notes dont it? :confused: but where the fuck are they?

Mumblyfish
28-05-04, 01:56
Not ingame yet. Wait for a run or quest of sorts.

They're crap anyway. I heard they have an INT requirement and -30 DEX. There goes their usefulness.

n3m
28-05-04, 01:56
will probably be added later, with neochronicle.

just like those damned PA vendors, I need my apu pa :(

Sex smok3d
why'd clur go bd btw? :eek:

Smok3d
28-05-04, 01:57
bah i still want one anyway just for a laugh :p

joran420
28-05-04, 02:00
could have future posibilities....if they make class specific zones or something

Mumblyfish
28-05-04, 02:02
could have future posibilities....if they make class specific zones or something
Now that would be taking the piss.

joran420
28-05-04, 02:35
taking the piss = bad ...right?

i dunno it could be cool

Ryuben
28-05-04, 03:09
Now that would be taking the piss.
well if its up to KK it will be tank or monk only for them zones :rolleyes:

Clownst0pper
28-05-04, 03:14
Refer to my thread, there fucking useless.

Go to the test server forum, and look under holovest refinement.

Until then, who gives a shit, there just a glorified gimik

Mr Friendly
28-05-04, 04:12
Not ingame yet. Wait for a run or quest of sorts.

They're crap anyway. I heard they have an INT requirement and -30 DEX. There goes their usefulness.

lol, u actually thought ud get to fight & use ur weapons with it on???....pfft, always wantin to be overpowered peeps are @_@

MegaCorp
28-05-04, 05:54
Gee, i dunno, the only way i can see the Holo Vests being useful is if they also changed the "perception" of your Faction. Meaning, if I am pro-city, i can then disguise myself as someone who is anti-city, and go places i could not otherwise venture into without great risk.

I mean, come on, how do TG guards know whether i am pro- or anti-City right now? How do any anti-city faction guards know i am pro-city and so validly attack me, versus other folks who are anti-city who they do not attack? And vice versa? In truth, there is *no* logical explanation in the game for how NPCs can tell the difference, or how we player characters can tell the difference. It is handwaved. So, okay, that being the case, the vests should let us use whatever that underlying handwave explanation is to seemingly appear to be some other faction, whether that mechanism is purely visual or includes special IFF (Identify Friend or Foe) electronics. That will let people skulk into areas where they would otherwise be instantly attacked and killed and would be a cool reason for holo vests to exist; there might even be a percent chance of discovery based on the level of PCs / NPCs encountered versus your own level and/or the quality of the Holo Vest; there could even be a device (class specific or not) that can be used to detect / unmasked people wearing such vests. In fact why not let vests change what my name is as it appears in local, since there is no logical reason why total strangers could ever have a clue who the hell i am to begin with, much less what faction i belong to - so let me disguise my appearance, faction, and name ... that would make them wonderfully neat items.

Otherwise the vests seem to be merely roleplay/cosmetic instead of actually useful.

Spook @ Pluto

Clyde
28-05-04, 06:15
i like that dudes idea, and thats the way it should be. It would allow the fuckin SPY class to be SPIES! woah!! :rolleyes:

28-05-04, 16:04
Refer to my thread, there fucking useless.

Go to the test server forum, and look under holovest refinement.

Until then, who gives a shit, there just a glorified gimik

Could have told you that the moment they were announced!

(and its they're fucking useless) :P

Archeus
28-05-04, 16:09
Can I have yours then?

Spoon
28-05-04, 16:17
I think they're supposed to be used for costume parties in level 3 Via Rossa apartments....

Mirco
28-05-04, 16:22
Hmm I think these vests should work like the holo-duke in duke nukem. Had alot of fun with that.

Lafiel
28-05-04, 16:31
Gee, i dunno, the only way i can see the Holo Vests being useful is if they also changed the "perception" of your Faction. Meaning, if I am pro-city, i can then disguise myself as someone who is anti-city, and go places i could not otherwise venture into without great risk.

I mean, come on, how do TG guards know whether i am pro- or anti-City right now? How do any anti-city faction guards know i am pro-city and so validly attack me, versus other folks who are anti-city who they do not attack? And vice versa? In truth, there is *no* logical explanation in the game for how NPCs can tell the difference, or how we player characters can tell the difference. It is handwaved. So, okay, that being the case, the vests should let us use whatever that underlying handwave explanation is to seemingly appear to be some other faction, whether that mechanism is purely visual or includes special IFF (Identify Friend or Foe) electronics. That will let people skulk into areas where they would otherwise be instantly attacked and killed and would be a cool reason for holo vests to exist; there might even be a percent chance of discovery based on the level of PCs / NPCs encountered versus your own level and/or the quality of the Holo Vest; there could even be a device (class specific or not) that can be used to detect / unmasked people wearing such vests. In fact why not let vests change what my name is as it appears in local, since there is no logical reason why total strangers could ever have a clue who the hell i am to begin with, much less what faction i belong to - so let me disguise my appearance, faction, and name ... that would make them wonderfully neat items.

Otherwise the vests seem to be merely roleplay/cosmetic instead of actually useful.

Spook @ Pluto

i think it would be abused too much

joran420
28-05-04, 19:34
:thumbs up: @ mircos idea