PDA

View Full Version : Threads Merged - Windows Mode

Garg [RogueNET]
27-05-04, 18:13
When i tested windowed mode it was to small so i made it bigger HOWEVER instead of the game window getting bigger i got this big black thing .... id post a pic but the site i upload to is offline, so if anyone could give me a link to some other site so i could show u my problem id be really happy.. or if anyone has had the same prob and understand what i mean and knows a solution id like that even more ;)

Tratos
27-05-04, 19:32
instead of actualy dragging it wider go in to the .ini and change the resolution.

oh and you can use the NC Forum attachment feature :) it should be a bit lower then the text editor when you make a post

Judge
27-05-04, 20:01
When I tried to use windowed mode it hurt my eyes. :(

Strych9
27-05-04, 20:02
I love it. Monitor is in 1280x1024, window for Neo is 1024x768. Runs very smooth, and to leave the game I just press the windows key. Get back in, just click on the window down in the task bar. To hide the window, just click the Show Desktop icon.

n3m
27-05-04, 20:05
I love it. Monitor is in 1280x1024, window for Neo is 1024x768. Runs very smooth, and to leave the game I just press the windows key. Get back in, just click on the window down in the task bar. To hide the window, just click the Show Desktop icon.same here, that's how I've been playing for some while now.

garyu69
28-05-04, 01:10
Now that i can't Alt+Tab i decided to go Windows mode but its Borked!

The standard window mode is too small and when i tell it to stretch to the size of my desktop it borks up and is too wide.

Anyone else having the same problems?

Benjie
28-05-04, 01:12
I can still Alt and Tab but I may be the last remaining one.
Are you actually streching the window?

Nidhogg
28-05-04, 01:14
Have you edited the ini file as per the patch notes or did you size the window some other way?

N

BombShell
28-05-04, 01:23
I can still Alt and Tab but I may be the last remaining one.
Are you actually streching the window?

dont tell him.

might be are only salvation :)

Garg [RogueNET]
28-05-04, 09:04
instead of actualy dragging it wider go in to the .ini and change the resolution.

oh and you can use the NC Forum attachment feature :) it should be a bit lower then the text editor when you make a post

:confused:

went into the .ini folder but i donno what thing to open to change it :wtf:

<--- im wiv stupid...

amfest
28-05-04, 09:12
neocron.ini is in the neocron base DIR

olavski
28-05-04, 09:13
doesn't work for me, 1024x768: it looks like i'm playing in 800x600 window with the 1024x768 resolution.

It only makes everything in Neocron smaller. :(

Garg [RogueNET]
28-05-04, 09:14
"//neocron INIFILE
STARTTIME="12"
PREFDRIVER = "(D3D7) Primär bildskärmsdrivrutin"
PREFMODENAME = "WindowMode"
PREFSOUNDDRIVER = "Generic DirectSound Driver"
PREFSOUNDMIXER = "Generic DirectSound Mixer"
GAMMA = "1.1"
STARTUPMENU = "TRUE"
SHOWCONSOLE = "TRUE"
FASTRUN = "FALSE"
CASTSHADOWS = "FALSE"
BIGLIGHTS = "TRUE"
WEAPONVISIBLE = "TRUE"
HUDACTIVE = "FALSE"
RECORDMOVIE = "FALSE"
STARTTIME = "12"
CAMREPLAY = "FALSE"
PLAYCDTRACK = "0"
SAVEMOVIE = "FALSE"
MOVIEFPS = "15"
NETBASEIP = "62.140.29.54:7000"
[NLpro]
NOSPLASH="TRUE"
NOEXTRO="TRUE"
"

thats what was in there.... what to type to change window size? :confused:

amfest
28-05-04, 09:18
Taken from the 1st post on the test discustission by umm thanthos

Known bug: For most users, Alt-Tabbing out of the game leaves the screen black. This bug is caused by code parts preparing for the switch to DirectX 9. We decided not to fix this bug as we want to and have to focus our development resources on DoY.
If you rely on using programs like instant messengers or voice com while playing Neocron, you should use Neocron's window modus and enlarge the window to fill your screen. To do that, open the neocron.ini in Neocron's main folder with a text editor and edit the line PREFMODENAME (to get windowmode) and add the line PREFWINDOWSIZE (to set the size of the window).
Example:
PREFMODENAME = "WindowMode"
PREFWINDOWSIZE = "1024x768" (adjust this to your desktop resolution)

oops not test discussion . . patch discussion .. heh

Garg [RogueNET]
28-05-04, 09:21
sex at Amfest... works now =)

thaaaaanks

need to change resolution soon lol.... 1280x1024 :lol:

amfest
28-05-04, 09:26
heh no prob but you should really thank Thanatos for posting that on the patch discussion :p

Welp since it's going to be 2 days till I have to use the auto patcher to fix all the broken patch files :( i'm off to play Rainbow Cotton on my Dreamcast :p

Enjoy

Heretic Shadow
28-05-04, 10:05
i dont know what problem im having with window mode, no resolution seems to fit my monitor properly and it seem alot darker than when im in normal mode. any ideas?

amfest
28-05-04, 10:19
well apparently since it's a window if you make it the same resolution as your desktop it's going to be a lil off somewhat since it'll have a title bar and such. either drop res down in window or try and deal with it as best as possible. As for the darker thing ..someone mentioned that it's cause in window mode the gamma settings don't hold or something like that. You can always adjust your overall gamma settings for your vid card if you have that control option for your card. If not you have to deal with the Neocron dark settings it has

garyu69
28-05-04, 10:46
Have you edited the ini file as per the patch notes or did you size the window some other way?

N
Edited the ini file as mentioned in the Patch notes.

Its weird because if i put any other resoulution no matter what the window mode remains in its default size.

But with 1024x768 my desktop res it goes all wrong and almost looks like it has gone into a widescreen mode :confused:

amfest
28-05-04, 10:54
I know it might suck but have you tried dropping (or if possible increasing) your desktop res and then trying it again at various res

SilentEye
28-05-04, 12:04
Running windowed mode sucks, it takes more CPU!

When I record video's I shutdown every application, even explorer.exe

All that is running is: Client.exe and Fraps.exe :D

Smóóóth!

Freya
28-05-04, 13:07
Threads Merged

Freya
28-05-04, 13:08
try running the game at the same resolution that your desktop is currently at

Q`alooaith
28-05-04, 13:17
or a bit lower, when playing in window's mode I run the game at a lower resolution so I can see part of my desktop..

and Freya, double post's are bad..

-Q

]v[ortice
28-05-04, 13:20

I'm currently doing that freya and I must say it works real nice... 1280*1024 window and 1280*1024 desktop resolution. FPS is up and everything.

I am having a problem though.

Before the patch, when I alt-tabbed out and back in again... Neo would darken. So it was like i was playing with sunglasses on. Which meant I had to restart the client a lot... especially since there are those fiddly little bastard windows keys littered all over my keyboard (6 in total ffs :( ).

Now, while playing in windowed mode... the game is permanently like that.

I'm assuming it's down to my ATI graphics hardware as other ATI users have pointed out they're experiencing similar problems.

Any Chance this could get checked out?

Are there any tech support help I can get? E-Mail address etc? I can give you my specs and stuff then.

If anyone on here knows how to remedy it, please post up.

olavski
28-05-04, 13:27
Edited the ini file as mentioned in the Patch notes.

Its weird because if i put any other resoulution no matter what the window mode remains in its default size.

But with 1024x768 my desktop res it goes all wrong and almost looks like it has gone into a widescreen mode :confused:

I have this too and it's bloody annoying. :mad:

Tried different resolutions but im getting the same window size everytime.

:(

Freya
28-05-04, 14:04
hold shift while loading and change the resolution from there

Ulle
28-05-04, 14:12
If your using windowed mode and you can see back to your desktop or whatever you have under NC while playing, my advise is get something really dark there as this will help you to see NC better than if you have a bright background. Especially helps when it's dark in NC.

Dubhead
28-05-04, 14:24
I figured playing in windowed mode I would see a hit to my fps yet it has actually gone *UP* by about 15fps average...isn't it great :)

slaughteruall
28-05-04, 14:27
I figured playing in windowed mode I would see a hit to my fps yet it has actually gone *UP* by about 15fps average...isn't it great :)

No it's not great. This feature never should of hit retail. That is what the test serve is for. But once again they didn't fix something. We should not be forced to play in windows mode.

Slaughter

olavski
28-05-04, 14:50
I'll try it tonight (again) Freya, been screwing around with it for an hour last night O_o

But, windowed mode is for typical desktop games, not for NC ;)

uber java
28-05-04, 14:59
How can you make Neocron brighter in windowed mode? I've tried everything I can think of to change it.

Freya
28-05-04, 15:57
my window mode is running great, curent desktop settings
1280 by 960 32 bit color
turned up the brightnesds and contrast on my moniter a bit and all is well

slaughteruall
28-05-04, 16:32
my window mode is running great, curent desktop settings
1280 by 960 32 bit color
turned up the brightnesds and contrast on my moniter a bit and all is well

The point is we should not have to adjust our monitor's to work with a game. That is the reason games (including NC) have ingame controls for brightness/gama and what not.

Slaughter

]v[ortice
28-05-04, 17:38
I agree slaughter (with your last post).

Do you have an ATI card too?

slaughteruall
28-05-04, 17:39
Yes i use a 9800 pro

Slaughter

whifix
28-05-04, 22:10
I have the same problem with my ati 9800 pro :(. There used to be a tool where you can adjust the video cards gamma settings when you run certain games. This might be a *solution*. I'll look around for it.

//Edit//
Maybe this is what I was thinking of
http://www.hothardware.com/reviews/images/r9800xt/colordriver.htm
Bad thing is it only sets it for full screen. I'll try it when i get home to see if it influences windowed mode.

Darak
29-05-04, 11:54
Any chance of having a window mode option, to slap it in the centre of the screen and turn off the boarders, so it looks like full screen but is still in windows mode. Since you still have to alt tab to get to another window there difference is minimal.

Skinfitz
29-05-04, 13:18
A pity it tops out at 1280x1024 - I have a desktop res of 2560x1024 :p

olavski
29-05-04, 13:26
Back to full mode again.

It's just not working, tried everything and still have the 800x600 window. :(

But, i can't be bothered with this anymore, i just log off every now and then :)