PDA

View Full Version : KK please lower Paw of Tiger to STR REQ 86

whifix
27-05-04, 23:04
I wanna keep my Melee PE and would like to have access to one rare without needing to double drug. The Melee PE has been the most fun character that I've played with in Neocron in the past 2 and a half years I've been playing. Don't make me go back to pistols :(

plague
27-05-04, 23:07
no offence dude, but highest lowtech melee should be high tl i still think that 100(or what even it is) not high enough...

Marx
27-05-04, 23:09
I wanna keep my Melee PE and would like to have access to one rare without needing to double drug. The Melee PE has been the most fun character that I've played with in Neocron in the past 2 and a half years I've been playing. Don't make me go back to pistols :(
Um, the tai chi blade does more damage than the blade of ceres ever did.

Get over your loss of swirly.

Sorin
27-05-04, 23:10
no offence dude, but highest lowtech melee should be high tl i still think that 100(or what even it is) not high enough...

!?

Paw of Bear, MAYBE, but Paw of Tiger? That's the lowest TL melee rare, setting it to over 100 would be ludicrous. Lowest rare pistol is 88, rifle 87, HC mid-90s or something. If Paw of Tiger was set beyond 100, that'd have to put the other melee rares at the much complained about and unnecessary requirement of beyond 115.

whifix
27-05-04, 23:12
I really dont mind losing the swirly. It's the damage change that I'd like to use. Rare melee weapons now do xray, fire or poison damage now in addition to force, pierce or energy.

plague
27-05-04, 23:13
!?

Paw of Bear, MAYBE, but Paw of Tiger? That's the lowest TL melee rare, setting it to over 100 would be ludicrous. Lowest rare pistol is 88, rifle 87, HC mid-90s or something. If Paw of Tiger was set beyond 100, that'd have to put the other melee rares at the much complained about and unnecessary requirement of beyond 115.
bleh i take it back i gotta read posts better heh, it's hard trying to give tech support and read at same time :D , but i still stand my point if class not meant to use melee they shouldn't have access to rare's , plus new melee weapons should make up for it they do diesent dmg..:)

Marx
27-05-04, 23:17
I really dont mind losing the swirly. It's the damage change that I'd like to use. Rare melee weapons now do xray, fire or poison damage now in addition to force, pierce or energy.
If I'm not mistaken something like that is being worked on, though its not a top priority.

whifix
27-05-04, 23:17
How are PE's not meant to use Melee though? They have 60 STR. Tanks have 70 Dex and you can still set up a preaty good Lib tank. Does that mean we should raise the lib out of their level?

Sorin
27-05-04, 23:19
How are PE's not meant to use Melee though? They have 60 STR. Tanks have 70 Dex and you can still set up a preaty good Lib tank. Does that mean we should raise the lib out of their level?

Good point :lol:

But in that light, I want to see a Wyatt Earp tank. :D

plague
27-05-04, 23:23
no it doesn't mean anything, i just think it should be that way,and for that matter yes i think lib should be boosted to atleast 95-100 and earp to 80-90..

-=z=-
27-05-04, 23:24
Nice argument for including a rare for the melee PE. First one that made sense to me. I didn't like all those "ONOZ I want a swirly" arguements on test server.

With the new NPC armor, including fire and/or poison damage types for the MC PE becomes a good arguement.

Hmm.... I vote yes for this as I see having to take a drug (Beast which doesn't even give MC anymore) a suitable exchange for achieving Posion damage.

Scikar
27-05-04, 23:25
Actually, you can't make a pretty good Lib tank. A Melee PE gains superior defence, due to the combination of level 3 armors and shelter, high agl therefore low ath therefore high resists and HP. A Lib Tank gains nothing. He sacrifices agl in order to get p-c, and even then cannot get enough p-c to reach a high RoF with the Lib. The low agl means high ath is needed, therefore lower resists and HP, with no shelter on top of it. So the Tank reduces his offense from CS/DG to Lib, and at the same time loses defence. Whereas the PE may lose a little offense moving from Lib to Tai Chi Sword, but gains it in defence.

Marx
27-05-04, 23:29
I really dont mind losing the swirly. It's the damage change that I'd like to use. Rare melee weapons now do xray, fire or poison damage now in addition to force, pierce or energy.quick note by the way - It doesn't seem as though mobs gained extra force/peirce resist, just x-ray/fire/energy/poison - so against mobs, alot of those rares do less damage. My str 100 blade of ceres seems to do less damage than my 99 str paw of bear did against warbots.

=/

olavski
27-05-04, 23:35
Good point :lol:

But in that light, I want to see a Wyatt Earp tank. :D

I used explosive Wyat on my tank to level.

Now that im back to HC i miss it. :D

whifix
27-05-04, 23:41
Actually, you can't make a pretty good Lib tank. A Melee PE gains superior defence, due to the combination of level 3 armors and shelter, high agl therefore low ath therefore high resists and HP. A Lib Tank gains nothing. He sacrifices agl in order to get p-c, and even then cannot get enough p-c to reach a high RoF with the Lib. The low agl means high ath is needed, therefore lower resists and HP, with no shelter on top of it. So the Tank reduces his offense from CS/DG to Lib, and at the same time loses defence. Whereas the PE may lose a little offense moving from Lib to Tai Chi Sword, but gains it in defence.

Well a tank going from H-C to Lib gains speed since he doesn't get the slow down that's associated with H-C weapons. Also compared with H-C a Lib tank can cap force resist skill. Where as a H-C tank needs to put as much str into H-C as possible. High RoF? Depends on what you mean as high. Since a tank can use SF, SA he can pull off 330 RoF.

Mirco
27-05-04, 23:55
Being a melee pe, I got to support this. Double drugging is evil, my current setup is broken though as Beast now gives 25 H-C, but that is no problem really, just have to lom a little. I cant imagine any tanks go out in a fight with out them now. 25 H-C that is pretty hefty and concidering the drugflash is very small. I would like dex drugs that gives the same to rifles and pistols pls. I know it was insane M-C boost to those drugs before, but that kind of didnt matter as you had the bat queen arm and alot of melee implants, you`d cap melee easily anyways.

whifix
28-05-04, 00:02

Thought of a few more reasons :)
If a PE switches from Lib to Melee he loses alot of offensive capability. For one melee is only 11m range. This sucks sometimes since the server doesn't always show where someone really is. So if someone is running from you or just running arond in general, hits on your screen dont register.

Defensive ability? A PE loses alot of that by not being able to wear the Medium Energy belt(48energy armor). I've seen and played with alot of setups and the best defene setup I've seen so far for a PE was on a Lib PE (140-150 armor + resist armor in everything except poison). One thng that is definetly gained for the melee PE is speed thanks to all the free dex to put into AGL.

Cruzbroker
28-05-04, 00:03
MC PEs are damn hard to hit. They pwn.

whifix
28-05-04, 00:10
Just realized too that with the new setup, a melee PE will be taking a -10hlt hit too i order to use it. So that balances things out a bit as well.

Cruzbroker
28-05-04, 00:14
Beast, X-Strong, Parametol Forte. Not even bad druging..

Benjie
28-05-04, 00:17
I voted yes.
Melee PE's are *not* overpowered.

Far from it.

whifix
28-05-04, 00:22
Beast, X-Strong, Parametol Forte. Not even bad druging..
3 drugs = major drug haze :(. Especially 5 minute drugs

Benjie
28-05-04, 00:32
3 drugs = major drug haze :(. Especially 5 minute drugs
Yeah 3 drugs is very bad drugging.
It needs lowering so the Melee PE is actually quite good in PvP.

Whats wrong with that?
Scared of a little variation?

Benjie
28-05-04, 00:40
but i still stand my point if class not meant to use melee they shouldn't have access to rare's
All respect........ lost
Eyes........ Bloodshot
Pent up rage........

COOKIE CUTTER!

oops double post, soz all

whifix
28-05-04, 02:08
Just checked. Melee rares do do diverse damage types on retail server. PoT does Pierce, Force, Poison.

plague
28-05-04, 02:10
All respect........ lost
Eyes........ Bloodshot
Pent up rage........

COOKIE CUTTER!
i like cookies

rob444
28-05-04, 02:35
Hm, I logged into my melee tank which only got a devils grace and he cant use it now :(

8 strength lvls to go, weeeeeeeeeeeeee o_O

Marx
28-05-04, 02:46
All respect........ lost
Eyes........ Bloodshot
Pent up rage........

COOKIE CUTTER!

oops double post, soz allWhy aren't you arguing for the neccesity of a heavy weapon rare in PE range?

=/

whifix
28-05-04, 03:38
Why aren't you arguing for the neccesity of a heavy weapon rare in PE range?

=/
I tried it at first before I tried melee. I didn't like it. The slowdown was to much and the damage wasn't that much different then pistols.

prozium
28-05-04, 05:12
so with the new patch melee PE's cant use a vein ripper anymore, or any other rare swirly melee weapon without drugging?

Glok
28-05-04, 05:35
so with the new patch melee PE's cant use a vein ripper anymore, or any other rare swirly melee weapon without drugging?Nope. Swirly PEs are gone without drugs. You want a swirly, double drug until KK makes the PoT 86 str, then single drug. I have a PoT in my cabs btw, it is up for grabs (pluto). :D

Glok
28-05-04, 05:42
Why are there so many no votes anyways? 87 STR to 86 STR is nothing for any class but a PE. What kind of freaks live on these forums. This poll should have had vote tracking. :/