PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with this picture?

whifix
27-05-04, 22:38
So I'm crusing around google looking for neocron links and I come accross this page for Space Federation Galactic Conquest. Puzzled as to why it was listed when I searched for neocron I search the page and see the works Neocron hidden about 100 times as well as other Neocron related terms. Can web sites and game developers get away with this?

http://spacefed.com/gc/i.cfm?p=main_in&file=linkmisc8_de

Furion
27-05-04, 22:41
rofl, maybe they should have focused on a different game then NC :p

a NC player (or former NC player) obviously made this, i has to be.

cRazy2003
28-05-04, 00:13
ive seen this page to, theyve added all the words so there site comes up on google if u search for any of them.

olavski
28-05-04, 00:21
yep, check the source code and then the part in the code (dont know what its called) google indexes and searches for:

small part of keywords:

neocron review neocron beta 4 neocron patch neocron offline neocron download neocron offline demo neocron cheats neocron com neocron maps neocron guide download neocron neocron recycling neocron map neocron recycle neocron online www neocron com neocron rare neocron forums neocron reviews neocron weapons neocron hacks neocron screenshots neocron psi neocron beta 4 download neocron beta download neocron beta 4 client neocron server neocron game neocron guides neocron trailer neocron

Archeus
28-05-04, 00:27
It is an old trick to get yourself more visibility in search engines.

Nidhogg
28-05-04, 00:55
It's like a really bad form of cloaking (bad because you can actually see it on the rendered page). It's a black method of raising your profile and can actually get your site banned from engines like Google.

N

StryfeX
28-05-04, 01:33
It's like a really bad form of cloaking (bad because you can actually see it on the rendered page). It's a black method of raising your profile and can actually get your site banned from engines like Google.

NSo let's alert Google so they get banned. :p

--Stryfe