PDA

View Full Version : Boost Aim on the Liberator

Benjie
27-05-04, 20:36
Aim on the Liberator is pathetic. This once feared gun is now only good for random ganking of nibs in the Aggy Cellers.
Anyway the poll is simple enough. The boost amount would be decided on the Test Server.

Cruzbroker
27-05-04, 20:37
NO NO NO. I want to use it as is!

Shadow Dancer
27-05-04, 20:38
Lmao Benjie, awesome sig. :p

Nidhogg
27-05-04, 20:39
Anyway the poll is simple enough.
Possibly a bit too simple? :p

N

/edit - at the time of writing there was no poll ;)

Benjie
27-05-04, 20:41
Possibly a bit too simple? :p

N
The poll lagged for some reason.

Cruzbroker
27-05-04, 20:43
Someone give me a Libby at SATURN so I can test it out..

Drake6k
27-05-04, 20:43
I always say this... I'm a lowtech pistol PE who uses the lib most in pvp. I dont want it to be any better. Right now there is no way kk will nerf my lib (thank god) and I dont want that to happen again. I think the aiming is fine. Once you get the reticle closed the first time your set for the fight. If more shots hit the lib 'would' be over powered as they gave it a big damage boost... its just now that only like half hit.

alig
27-05-04, 20:52
I voted for no lib boost. The gun is fine as it is, if you can't aim it then it only shows your ability. I know i've killed plenty of people with it 1 on 1.

Infact...i never knew how much it got boosted because the last time i used it pre-boost i could'nt hit toffee and then months later i use it for the first time ever and win just about everytime.

Dribble Joy
27-05-04, 20:53
Indeed, if the libby were to hit all shots it would be too strong for it's tl (tl 91 remember).

Benjie
27-05-04, 20:54
if the libby were to hit all shots Not all shots.
just a boost, no matter how small, I think it needs one.

too strong for it's tl (tl 91 remember).
It's supposed to be the low Teck PE's best weapon. TL aside here.

Dribble Joy
27-05-04, 20:58
It's supposed to be the low Teck PE's best weapon. TL aside here.
Yes, but tl does matter, because it defines what imps and therefore overall defence/offence you can have.

Benjie
27-05-04, 20:59
imps
Give low teck pe's a TL100 rare Nail Gun and I'll shutup.

Scikar
27-05-04, 22:53
Well, the first question is, how? As Lupus has pointed out on the Test forums, the aiming issues with pistol weapons are due to their low range. The actual aim stat is of course easily capped at 267%. There was a time when Liberator had insane range, and you could hit people with it when they were at minimum LoD (the point where people turn into black sprites at long range). It was then reduced to 100m, and its actual maximum range feels about right considering it's a pistol. The only way to increase its aim is to boost its range. And that means giving it fairly long range again, which leads to pistols being put even further ahead of rifles than they are now.

The alternative is to change the way aiming is handled - but Lupus is already trying to get that done.

BombShell
27-05-04, 22:59
Well, the first question is, how? As Lupus has pointed out on the Test forums, the aiming issues with pistol weapons are due to their low range. The actual aim stat is of course easily capped at 267%. There was a time when Liberator had insane range, and you could hit people with it when they were at minimum LoD (the point where people turn into black sprites at long range). It was then reduced to 100m, and its actual maximum range feels about right considering it's a pistol. The only way to increase its aim is to boost its range. And that means giving it fairly long range again, which leads to pistols being put even further ahead of rifles than they are now.

The alternative is to change the way aiming is handled - but Lupus is already trying to get that done.

basically wut i point out a while bak if u want to boost its aim. get more wpl for range just because u cap aim doesnt mean u can aim :)

and yet everyone calls me a nub for having so much wpl :) but am not the one missing muahahaha :)

Cruzbroker
27-05-04, 23:03
Did you know that Object blend effects that where the players turn in to shadows ;)

Mr_Snow
27-05-04, 23:13
Doesnt need a boost but the aiming does take time to get used to, so if you cant aim practice in NF for a couple of hours before coming to the forums and complaining.

Scikar
27-05-04, 23:17
Did you know that Object blend effects that where the players turn in to shadows ;)
It also makes mobs disappear, and hence I have only ever had it on for about 30 seconds in my entire time playing Neocron.

plague
27-05-04, 23:19
heh, I used lib since begining of retail and i kept it through all changes, atm i think it could use a lill boost but if u keep on target most of the time it still stays closed even if you lost targed for few sec's, I have no problemms with it and do just fine as it is...

Benjie
28-05-04, 01:09
13 votes to 4.
Remember we are talking about a balanced liberator, not an overpowering one.
At the moment it's the hardest gun to aim in Neocron by far.

BombShell
28-05-04, 01:15
we need like maybe 10 more range :)

better yet can u give me like 200range and a scope. ill emote//sex u kk all day and night :)

LiL T
28-05-04, 01:15
Aim on the Liberator is pathetic. This once feared gun is now only good for random ganking of nibs in the Aggy Cellers.
Anyway the poll is simple enough. The boost amount would be decided on the Test Server.

I use the libby and I can say its probly the most balanced weapon in the game the aim is some what different you really have to crouch sometimes to get that lock. If you just started using it practise crouching and shooting at your target while getting up and running at them run right through them or past them to dogde there fire then spin around and crouch and repeat. Then with after a bit of practice you will get the timing perfect and able to move around your target move actively with great aim it will scare them when there getting hit with every bullet contantly ;)

Same applys to the earp use damage boost and explosive ammo to bring them down quick it will be too late befor they realise there health is at 40 hitpoints

Benjie
28-05-04, 01:19
I use the libby and I can say its probly the most balanced weapon in the game
If the libby is the most balanced, is everything else overpowered?

Seriously though, most people who voted yes said something like "I have always used a libby ever since beta 4...." etc. Everybody else simply can not use it, because it takes 2 damn years to learn how to aim with it!

Ok seriously, the aim is underpowered. It needs a slight boost. Thats my opinion anyway.

LiL T
28-05-04, 01:31
If the libby is the most balanced, is everything else overpowered?

Seriously though, most people who voted yes said something likr "I have always used a libby ever since beta 4...." etc. Everybody else simply can not use it, because it takes 2 damn years to learn how to aim with it!

Not everything but one thing I don't agree with is this saying oh its TL blah blah . Then why don't we all just make a pistol spy just as good as a pe if not better 1 drug shelter 1 drug inq armor moveon pp chip SF what ever you get a nice consetup with decent amount of health. The hightech pistols in this game are silly slasher will be the most feared weapon in 2 months I bet you and to make matters worse spys can stealth :rolleyes: I'm making a pistol spy right now just because I ran into a certain you know who at MB and got my arse handed to me in less than 8 seconds with the slasher the damage on that thing is sick

What I mean is a lowtech should still be able to win some one with a higher TL weapon or what would be the point in PE's ? I'm thinking they should make it easyer to cap ROF on the libby and other lowtech weapons . And lower damage on executioner and lowering ROF on the slasher

BombShell
28-05-04, 01:33
lets boost the tl of the libby to tl 97 :)

am still waiting for rifle revamp :)

QuantumDelta
28-05-04, 01:51
I will say this;

Lib, is overpowered, in terms of damage output.

However, because of it's borked aiming, it is almost underpowered.

If you consider, people who have great aiming, and are used to the lib, and knows it's intricacies -- knowing it originally aims worse than CS, or other weapons, those that are good, tend to be able to exploit this quasi-overpowered nature.

To that end, I though "nubifying the gun." might have been a good idea.

Making it far easier to aim, and, slightly reducing the damage.

Meh.

BombShell
28-05-04, 02:52
I was just thinking but.

how about making bullets shoot striaght when u cap aim or so in the size of the cursor.

like the more wpl u get the smaller the cursor is shrinking the cone. nomore of this targeting crap. just aim and shoot. but to aim stright u need skill points in wepaonlore to shrink that cone.

hope everyone follow me on this.

i think this would fix alot of aiming range problems.

VetteroX
28-05-04, 03:09
Ive said this 100 times, ive said it on test, ive pmed lupus... lib just misses TOO MUCH plain and simple... I have used the gun more then anyone who has posted here, I know. Its not about your "skill" Try kneeling point blank infront of a cyclops, and fire. 2 bullets hit. 3 bullets hit 2 bullets hit, 2 bullets hit, 3 bullets hit, 4 bullets hit 2 bullets hit... its pathetic. I agree all 4 at all times would be too powerful, but if the recticle is fully closes it should always be at least 3 bullets, 2 is bullshit... same for when pain easer only hits with 1.

manderf
28-05-04, 03:24
its fine as it is. If your gonna bitch about a guns aiming look at the cs. Tanks can even cap it.

ou7blaze
28-05-04, 04:10
I'm a hightech pistol PE and I used to be low tech but anyways when in an OP war or pking run and you see an apu take out that libreator he will bow to you !!!!!111

Benjie
28-05-04, 08:35
At the moment there are 20 votes to 10, but the posts do not reflect that.
Respect to all those people who voted for the first option. Much better than I.S.W.D.A. doncha think?

Xylaz
28-05-04, 09:28
well i kinda agree with QD on this.
Benjie, i also agree that lib aim is really hard, but it's not THAT hard. You certainly wouldnt want to have raygun aim (one click and 4 bullets hit the target all the time?) on it would you ? It could use *small* boost in aiming but then it inevitable would require nerf in dmg, cause this is really powerful weapon after all.
Still i know people who can effectively use lib without much training... it seems quite natural to them. When i asked them how they manage to get such umbelieavable aim on it they were just surprised: "lol it's not hard, just as any other weapon..."
And indeed for me it's impossible to aim this thingie, therefore i was using other weapons (wyatt was pretty ok for me, judge was excellent) - so its probably some individual preferences. Some people find it easy and some not. There are plenty of weapons here to suit your preferences, so u can choose the most appropriate to your playing style (if not, just work on it, everything is achieveable when put enough amount of practise onto it)

well, that's my 2 cents...