PDA

View Full Version : New drugs, and their dealers.

Judge
27-05-04, 19:09
Ok. First off. The move by KK to make level 4+5 level drugs only available through dealers is awesome.

Unfortunately KK appeared to have missed an oppourtunity to make the OZ jail and Pepper park something more than random killing. Why the fuck are there drug dealers selling illegal drugs RIGHT NEXT to a patrolling copbot. Why is there a drug dealer in the main city at all? If they only sold those drugs in PP and OZ jail then the area would be alot more widely used.

Also, is it possible to recycle level 5 drugs? As if it is I don't think they should be, constructable yes, recyclable no. Also the Level 5 drugs should cost at least 5K, not 2K. Make it harder for people to feed their addiction, it shouldn't be practically handed out on every street corner.

ezza
27-05-04, 19:16
if level 5 = Beast then yes they can be recycled

as for them selling next to a copbot, yup thats dumb, they should be only avalible in PP, maybe industrial, or the odd spot in the wastes(and DoY when that opens) but not in the inner city of neo

Dribble Joy
27-05-04, 19:24
The p3 dealer was spawned by callash afaik.

The dealer in pepper pub only sells RF and Beast. Other than the presumably temporary p3 dude, I have yet to find anywhere that sells BF and NS.

Tratos
27-05-04, 19:30
The p3 dealer was spawned by callash afaik.

The dealer in pepper pub only sells RF and Beast. Other than the presumably temporary p3 dude, I have yet to find anywhere that sells BF and NS.
Same here with finding the dealers, i also think they should be in some spots of the OZ where the mutants are less and the buildings are in better condition would be cool. but deffinetly NOT in the inner city nor near the P3 end of PP1

Heavyporker
27-05-04, 19:32
You serious? The Black Dragon drug vendors are in plaza?! NExt to copbots?! WTF?!

Come on, KK! Shoulda put the drug dealers in the pepper park streets, Twister Club, Secret D, BD headquarter, OZ Mall, Pepper Park subway station, and IND-A 2. Oh, and in Crahn Abbey, perhaps, considering the alliance thing. And the jail. Most fuckinglydefinitely the JAIL!

Judge
27-05-04, 19:55
Ah, maybe its just a tempory measure if it was just spawned by Callash until the drugs are in other places?

Thats the only thing that I can think of.

Strych9
27-05-04, 20:01
Cop bots are also just soul light enforcers. Only killing influences SL. Why would they care about drugs?

And its not like we never see drug use in the nicer parts of towns or anything...

Judge
27-05-04, 20:07
They are the cops of NC. Their only game mechanic up until now was to enforce SL, but they are against anything illegal. These drugs are illegal and thus the dealers would be pushed out of areas where there are copbots.

I'm not saying that there won't be drugs in nicer areas, just not the dealers. Don't you see the oppourtunity for PP and OZ to be so much more populated with these drugs if they are handled properly?

Strych9
27-05-04, 20:10
They are the cops of NC. Their only game mechanic up until now was to enforce SL, but they are against anything illegal. These drugs are illegal and thus the dealers would be pushed out of areas where there are copbots.

I'm not saying that there won't be drugs in nicer areas, just not the dealers. Don't you see the oppourtunity for PP and OZ to be so much more populated with these drugs if they are handled properly?I dont deny it would be sweet to have a drug trade in the game.

I was ONLY saying that copbots are one dimensional. I would almost think factional guards would be better for enforcing drug policies. Have drug selling dictated by the controlling faction. As it is now factional guards are more active in the game anyway (KOS enemy runners, warning enemy runners, etc.)

Judge
27-05-04, 20:12
Yes, but that would involve making all the city zones off limits for the anti-city factions now... rather than when DoY comes.

Strych9
27-05-04, 20:18
Yes, but that would involve making all the city zones off limits for the anti-city factions now... rather than when DoY comes.Nah, dont have it faction based or whatever with runners.

Just saying that BD factional areas allow drugs to be openly sold. In other areas, dealers might have to be out of the sight of the local factional guards.

Cost should be based on the level of secrecy too. If you try to buy drugs in plaza, it would cost a lot more than in PP.

Dont see the need to have any zones off limits right now for this.

msdong
27-05-04, 20:19
the same like i thought the same thing. why did KK remove the drug from vendors and place a Dealer 300m away in TG. even if there is a bug why do they fix it that way ? why they don't they simply tell us that that drugs need to be bought @ BD players or other player Dealers ?

they ruin my business in TG. i just bought a crack-house and some drugs samples to reconstruct them. :mad:

Judge
27-05-04, 20:20
Problem is that to alot of high level runners money means nothing. Who cares if it costs 10K rather than 5K to buy your drug, if you have 20mil on hand, and another 30mil in stocks/in clan money/on other characters.

Money will never be a good enough restriction imo.

Strych9
27-05-04, 20:24
Problem is that to alot of high level runners money means nothing. Who cares if it costs 10K rather than 5K to buy your drug, if you have 20mil on hand, and another 30mil in stocks/in clan money/on other characters.

Money will never be a good enough restriction imo.Well that applies to everything in the game. Without exception.

What did you have in mind where money WOULDNT come into play?

Benjie
27-05-04, 20:25
Drugs should be sold in the Black Dragon HQ for 3k.

Black Dragons have to pay someone to get INQ4/DUR4/PA/DURBOOTS/FREEZER/ETC.

Give Black Dragon Drugs!

Dribble Joy
27-05-04, 20:27
Black Dragons have to pay someone to get INQ4/DUR4/PA/DURBOOTS/FREEZER/ETC.
No they don't. They can go to escuador oasis (which imo should be removed, the traders that is).

Sorin
27-05-04, 20:39
Maybe it's partly because we know certain asshats would be ganking the drug NPC over and over and over again for the next week purely because "it's fun!1!1!! http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif" If the new drug NPCs were in a weapon drawable zone they'd never be alive long enough to get drugs out of them for the next week because some people just MUST fuck up anything new that comes along.

Benjie
27-05-04, 20:47
No they don't. They can go to escuador oasis (which imo should be removed, the traders that is).
Agreed.

MB should be the only place to buy Duranium 4 and Power Armour, TG should be the only place to buy Inq 4 and secret Sauce, FA should be the only place to buy Freezers.

zii
27-05-04, 21:22
You know, I think that the dealers should spawn in random locations thoughout the city (ind.pp.OZ) and the rest of theworld. They should spawn often and once slain shouldn't come back for awhile.

Marx
27-05-04, 21:23
Here's a simple idea - call it a faction perk.

BD folk buy drugs cheaper. Make drugs sold by NPC vendors cost out the ass. If you want to pay a reasonable amount for the drugs... Contact a Black Dragon dude, they'll act like a barter person.

;)

Benjie
27-05-04, 21:26
If all factions had there own "perks" then that would be great!
It would need to be balanced though.

Heavyporker
27-05-04, 21:34
Shouldnt be TOO cheap or expensive...

otherwise a BD with 100 barter would just rip off their own faction, too expensive and ppl will just give up on drugs.

The illegal drugs, I mean.

Judge
27-05-04, 23:27
Well that applies to everything in the game. Without exception.

What did you have in mind where money WOULDNT come into play?

Thats not what I meant, what I meant was that using money as a deterant to buying drugs in Plaza is a bad idea.

Maybe it's partly because we know certain asshats would be ganking the drug NPC over and over and over again for the next week purely because "it's fun!1!1!! " If the new drug NPCs were in a weapon drawable zone they'd never be alive long enough to get drugs out of them for the next week because some people just MUST fuck up anything new that comes along.

Someone sure got out of bed on the wrong side today. Firstly, if the drugs were sold in OZ Jail, on the streets of PP and in the PP bar (there are already dealers there) then I think that PKers would find it very very hard to camp as there would just be too many places to buy it. Also its not as if its a PA run or anything, yeah its new but its not that new. I don't think that the people you are refering to would even give a shit about the drugs.

You know, I think that the dealers should spawn in random locations thoughout the city (ind.pp.OZ) and the rest of theworld. They should spawn often and once slain shouldn't come back for awhile.

I was thinking about something along the same lines. There are say 5 dealers which are spread out over Pepper park and a few OZ sectors, OZ 1 and OZ jail. They are in one place for a few hours, then disappear and move to another spot. If they are killed then they merely go to another spot.

Maybe have 5 spots in each zone of the listed zones where a dealer could be, so that if you know the zones well enough it would be pretty easy to find the dealer, but if you are new to getting drugs then it would be a little more tricky to find a dealer (which is how it should be).

joran420
27-05-04, 23:32
tbh i wish that the illegal drugs could ONLY be made and sold by players....by combining legal pharmecuticles and organic by products or what not

Dribble Joy
27-05-04, 23:35
There is a dealer in MB now too.

Judge
27-05-04, 23:37
But.... but... aren't BD enemies to CM?

*twitches*

Marx
27-05-04, 23:39
But.... but... aren't BD enemies to CM?

*twitches*
The dealers I've come across have all been Trader Union.

0_o.

Which strikes me as odd since I never thought they'd stoop to illegal actions.

Judge
27-05-04, 23:48
Argh... this whole thing is completely fucked up. Grrrr... >:(

Marx
27-05-04, 23:49
Argh... this whole thing is completely fucked up. Grrrr... >:(
Gotta agree with you there, nice idea though.

Judge
27-05-04, 23:56
Definitely. Thats one of the reasons why I'm so pissed off. =/

Houston
28-05-04, 02:48
There is a Drug Dealer in OZ station...well there was before patch atleast just gotta talk to him.

Judge
28-05-04, 16:48
Does he sell the new drugs as well? Or just the old ones.

I was assuming that they were merely going to update the NPC dealers in the Pepper Pub and wherever else to include the new drugs. Bah, so much simpler and a much better system imo.

djskum
28-05-04, 16:55
Two words on the location of the dealers:

"shit" and "RP"

Put them in whatever order you like ;-)

Dj

Judge
28-05-04, 22:27
That comment was a bit pointless then wasn't it? :p