PDA

View Full Version : Since my stealth is gone

Spike - Saturn
27-05-04, 16:13
I am a nib.
Plz dont hurt me.
90 points is nothing.
People sit for hours on end loming, and I am complaining about 2 hours or less, with less than 2 hours to get it back.
Im sorry I ever posted this.

Lexxuk
27-05-04, 16:14
Sorry Spike, dont mean to sound harsh, but now you know how monks feel, every patch

ezza
27-05-04, 16:14
lol you dont talk to anyone cos they wont reset it.

garyu69
27-05-04, 16:20
looks like its LoM time baby

and1guy
27-05-04, 16:22
ahh, no more *woot i hit him, o shit the guy hit me once i better stealth* whore PE's :D :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: stupid stealthing PE's... *waves goodbye*

Jest
27-05-04, 16:24
Yay I LoMed to high tech just in time for all the other PEs to LoM to low tech. :lol:

KimmyG
27-05-04, 16:25
What a mock TC so easy to drop off a player prob wont even lose a LvL. Besides TC weapons are still good dont need to LoM.

Nib PE's who built guys to live in stealth boo hoo. Now they gotta spend 1 hr or so changeing there TC or just have to make due with the judge.

God just thinking of how many times I have had to do mega revamped on my chars and people cry about a little TC.

Spike - Saturn
27-05-04, 16:26
I am a nib.
Plz dont hurt me.
90 points is nothing.
People sit for hours on end loming, and I am complaining about 2 hours or less, with less than 2 hours to get it back.

Lexxuk
27-05-04, 16:28
There was a change beginning of retail which totally re-wrote monks, since then, there have been major changes to monks, but no release of skill points, afaik, there has only ever been 1 skill release.

Furion
27-05-04, 16:29
various hybrid nerfs, ppw nerfs, dmg nerfs etc....

and the stealth is a insta godmode + invisibility spell, so dont use monk power as an example...

just get lomming!

ezza
27-05-04, 16:29
I dont sympathize much with monks, one lives forever and the other can still kill anyone almost instantly.

Was there ever a change that drastic for monks? You always needed APU or PPU, and MST along with the PPW. I see this as different, this completely nullified a skill for me. My TC is now approximately 124 wasted dex points. That is around 2 hours of loming I think, along with the exp loss.

I am aware LoMs arent in game to change your lifestyle completely, ie Droner to Rifle, but when the game changes my lifestyle that dramatically, I beleive its fair.
you seem to have forgotten the fact that every patch hybrids were screwed over for a long time, before they were separated(and iirc we didnt get a skill release cos i remember the l33t hybrids all in medicare lomming on the day of the patch) now going from full hybrid to apu or ppu is a lot more lomming that a little 90 Tech,

MkVenner
27-05-04, 16:30
i jumped on the "PEs are gunna loose stealth so ima lom it now and look like i didnt ever want it" band wagon a while back, there not gunna give you the points back, even if they did sympathize with you they wouldnt coz of everyone else wanting it as well, not only the non Stealth PEs

Archeus
27-05-04, 16:32
I dont sympathize much with monks, one lives forever and the other can still kill anyone almost instantly.

Was there ever a change that drastic for monks? You always needed APU or PPU, and MST along with the PPW. I see this as different, this completely nullified a skill for me.

You can tell you never played a monk. Every patch day most monks were lomming skill points around because they found their spells were no longer any use or they couldn't use them, or didn't have enough PSI points anymore to cast.

Strych9
27-05-04, 16:34
Just wondering if I can plead my case to the Powers That Be.Plead your case? What would you say?

How could you prove that your TC is there "only for stealth"???

I am sure EVERY PE in the game wouldnt mind a Dex reset for some fine tuning of points.

And its not like PEs have problem recapping their 80 Dex. So you take some LOMs, and you lose at most 2 levels of Dex (if even that much... I suspect 1 at the most). So go out and kill a few mobs and you are back to normal.

You are loming a skill in your primary stat which you level the fastest.

Spike - Saturn
27-05-04, 16:35
I am a nib.
Plz dont hurt me.
90 points is nothing.

KimmyG
27-05-04, 16:36
Holy I mean you look at TC and if you wanted to use the slasher you only need 88 plus the fact you get bonus from imps that is absolutly a joke to take off.

Simply put your PE would probably be fixed in the time it has taken you to cry here.

Strych9
27-05-04, 16:37
If I had wanted opinions I would have asked for them :rolleyes:If you didnt want opinions, you would have PMd Odin or Nid or someone like that, not made a public post. :rolleyes:

Spike - Saturn
27-05-04, 16:38
I am a nib.
Plz dont hurt me.
90 points is nothing.

ezza
27-05-04, 16:40
drastic, its 90 points god dammit, if i can fully lom a tank numerous times you can lom 90 points

KimmyG
27-05-04, 16:41
Exactly, fine tuning is not what I want. For fine tuning I have no problem using LoMs, which is what they are there for. But something this drastic sucks.

Whats drastic to be drastic lomage you really gotta have a skill over 100 base points drastic takes hour apon hours to fix.

PLus you look at the fact that the blacksun and judge are dam fine weapons so why should you get a skill reset? Seeing as a Judge PE is still a good char lots of people were great judge PE's pre stealth.

90 ezza? I would say more like 75

Spike - Saturn
27-05-04, 16:44
I am a nib.
Plz dont hurt me.
90 points is nothing.

ezza
27-05-04, 16:45
ya your right i wasnt taking into account imps, so just used the total needed for stealth as the base, if 75 then its nothing to lom

ya im sorry you posted it as well, go get lomming instead

KimmyG
27-05-04, 16:46
I am a nib.
Plz dont hurt me.
90 points is nothing.

Thats alot better

Jest
27-05-04, 16:48
Guys coem off it about monks lol. Ive been a monk for a long time too and the only drastic LoM change I had to do was the initial hybrid nerf with my hybrid. If your pure have been LoMing every patch then I have no idea why. Only really hybrid have had to constantly make changes.

Id love a dex release myself as Im changing to high tech pistols but I dont think the changes warrant them. Though btw, those of you saying stuff like "Ive had to LoM a billion times if I can then you can." If you didnt LoM directly from a major game change then you have no right to make a comment like that. Those LoMs were YOUR choice. I myself have LoMed from from pistols and rifles many times and Ive LoMed my monk from APU to PPU but those were my choice every time. :p

But seriously high tech weapons are fine, ironically high tech requires a lot less skill to use than low tech, so for those of you who are looking for an easy road with low tech I encourage you to think it over. A skill release isnt coming. Stay high tech for a week and see how you do without stealth. ;)

Furion
27-05-04, 16:49
spike, KK is not gonna release your points, there has been done a LOT more drastic changes to other classes without skill releases. thats the cold hard facts, just get to lomming if ur not using ur TC.

ezza
27-05-04, 16:50
hes whineing cos hes gotta lom, if he was only high tech cos of stealth then he deserves to have to lom him self

Furion
27-05-04, 16:51
hes whineing cos hes gotta lom, if he was only high tech cos of stealth then he deserves to have to lom him self

be nice

its true tho :P

winnoc
27-05-04, 16:53
To al you ex stealth pe's:

Drop you stealth tools off at my appy in plaza 4.

I'll give you a nice candybar for it :-)

*Winnoc the spy sees his ranking on KOS lists go up now lol*

ezza
27-05-04, 16:53
bahh i have been nice of late on the forum, since i stopped pking on my tank, started playing my other tank so its proberbly started to rub off again :D

Spike - Saturn
27-05-04, 16:59
I noticed the anti stealth advocates who are whining the most, play non stealth classes, who probably werent smart enough to know how to combat stealth.

ezza
27-05-04, 17:03
ive never had stealth on my PE, and ive been hightech rifles, low tech rifles, low tech pistols and melee.

i only recently started releveling my spy, who of course has stealth

my tank of course has never had stealth.

the onyl Pes who needed it were the crap ones, so i guess if you fall into that bracked dont matter what you lom

Furion
I noticed the anti stealth advocates who are whining the most, play non stealth classes, who probably werent smart enough to know how to combat stealth.

combat stealth is easy, click on the hot key for ur tool, hit mouse button and become invisible/invincible, a lot of people figured this out and were constantly abusing it.

and yea, none of the old hybrids wanted themselves nerfed, the rest of the community took care of that.....

SirRah
there was no skill point release when hybrids got nerfed. there wont be a skill point release now. dont tell me you didnt see it coming that stealth is for spy only. there were like 10k threads a day saying PEs wont have stealth.

you deserve to sit down now and lom for just having tc for stealth. rolh, judge, exe, slasher are all good powerful weapons.

its NOT a drastic change. hell you just cant use a stealth tool? its not that you cant use any weapon anymore.

KK made only one skill point release. that was in early 2003 for PSI when they changed the formula for PSU/PPW etc.

Dirk_Gently
27-05-04, 17:12
Ah well time to delete my two PEs then.

KimmyG
27-05-04, 17:13

Yes it I tryed it could do it then my pet baboon showed me how it was done.

Go fight anytime you felt any heat at all or were near a lose hit 2 the fire and you get away nice and easy.

Xylaz
27-05-04, 17:16
All of these posts make me want to reroll my bleh melee tank back into my favourite lovely high-tech (non stealth) PE...

Spike - Saturn
27-05-04, 17:16
Oh wise ones, you mistook my context. I meant to combat stealth as in fight against people using it, not combat with stealth.

Furion
27-05-04, 17:18
Oh wise ones, you mistook my context. I meant to combat stealth as in fight against people using it, not combat with stealth.

please tell us how to deal with it then....

PPU with true sight? that requires a ppu
AoE? bigger chance of killing urself
what else?

Jest
27-05-04, 17:27
please tell us how to deal with it then.... My preffered stealth killer was a horde of rabid ninja monkeys. RAWR!!!!

Dirk_Gently
27-05-04, 17:28

what else?

Given that you can see stealthed players quite clearly aoe works rather well.

My Spy lasts a nanosecond against H-C Tanks or APUs when stealthed.

Spike - Saturn
27-05-04, 17:39

what else?

If you kill yourself with your AoE you deserve to die.

What do you mean "bigger chance of killing urself(sic)"
Do you kill yourself on a regular basis?

Furion
27-05-04, 17:42
Given that you can see stealthed players quite clearly aoe works rather well.

My Spy lasts a nanosecond against H-C Tanks or APUs when stealthed.

were talking about PEs here, they have significantly more defense then most spies...

If you kill yourself with your AoE you deserve to die.
What do you mean "bigger chance of killing urself(sic)"
Do you kill yourself on a regular basis?

dont turn this on me, ur the one who cant live without stealth... stop whining and start lomming (or maybe u are, since ur on the forums :p)

deac
27-05-04, 17:43
There was a change beginning of retail which totally re-wrote monks, since then, there have been major changes to monks, but no release of skill points, afaik, there has only ever been 1 skill release.

2 psi skill releases

ezza
27-05-04, 17:51
2 psi skill releases
i remember one psi release and the other being a intel release of psi use

Spike - Saturn
27-05-04, 17:54
What do you mean I cant live without stealth? I didnt say OMG OMG im deleting. I just didnt want to waste 4 hours of my life loming what is going to go one way or another.

SirRah
27-05-04, 17:57
dont lom then. tech pistols/rifles are fun and quite nice.

Furion
27-05-04, 18:10
What do you mean I cant live without stealth? I didnt say OMG OMG im deleting. I just didnt want to waste 4 hours of my life loming what is going to go one way or another.

dude... u said u didnt want to be TC anymore, and u were only TC cuz of stealth. if u are not TC just for stealth, then keep it...

make up ur mind ffs.

Spike - Saturn
27-05-04, 18:18
How is what I said unclear? I have TC only for stealth, and I will get rid of it one way or another since stealth is no longer available to me no matter what I do. Stealth is gone, but I can live without it as Lowtech.

Do you have some sort of comprehension problems? You also didnt understand when I said that the people who didnt know how to combat stealth (AGAINST IT, IN CASE YOU DO HAVE COMPREHENSION PROBLEMS) earlier.

T-C guns are fine and dandy but the 83 T-C required to use them isn't worth it to me, when I could have a better defense and be faster.

QuantumDelta
27-05-04, 18:29
I'm staying TC.
Probably going Judge very soon, back to using my ORIGINAL rare weapon of choice.

slaughteruall
27-05-04, 18:31
I will stay a judge using PE.

Bl@zed
27-05-04, 19:10
all i have to say is THANK GOD, pe's will actually have to have some skill when fighting now. :o

Aziraphale
27-05-04, 19:15
Kind of off topic, but how much PC / WPL does a pistol PE ideally want?

Dirk_Gently
27-05-04, 19:38
I didnt say OMG OMG im deleting.

I did though :P

Think I may do a Pistol Tank. Much more useful than my pistol PE :)

Dribble Joy
27-05-04, 19:46
Kind of off topic, but how much PC / WPL does a pistol PE ideally want?
Totally dependant on what weapon you are using.

You dont need much more than 80 wep for the aiming of pistols, but for RoLH and exec/slasher (which are not PE weapons, but.. nm.), you will need more to cap dmg (afaik).

For a libby, you'll need at most about 175 pc, more is not needed, yor rof will be close to cap, and you don't really need much more than 360rpm.
For the other, capping rof is hard. With 100 dex and 195 pc you will cap judge rof.

Strych9
27-05-04, 19:53
There has been at least 2 releases of Psi.

First one was Psi only I believe, when they did away with exotic.

Second one was Psi and Int, both released.

plague
27-05-04, 19:57
There has been at least 2 releases of Psi.

First one was Psi only I believe, when they did away with exotic.

Second one was Psi and Int, both released.
yep thats true but it doesn't change the fact that pe shouldn't get skill relise over as little as 80 tc pff i lomes 120 ppu when hybrid nerf lost 3 lvl(caped) took me 3 days to lom and another few weeks to recap.....:D

Cruzbroker
27-05-04, 20:00
All of you ex-stealth PEs going to lowtech just because stealth is removed are funny. Especially you Spike, created a forum account just to whine about stealth.

Strych9
27-05-04, 20:05
yep thats true but it doesn't change the fact that pe shouldn't get skill relise over as little as 80 tc pff i lomes 120 ppu when hybrid nerf lost 3 lvl(caped) took me 3 days to lom and another few weeks to recap.....:D1. I never said it changed anything. Was just informing people what happened in the past.

2. I agree with you. And I never said anything indicating I thought that PEs should get a skill release.

3. If you read the thread you will see I was one of the early responders in this thread, and explained why a skill release would make no sense.

Thanks.

plague
27-05-04, 20:07
heh, i wasnt saying anything was just stating fact oh well....

I lomed me pe to low teh few months ago and i love it hehe, glat to c that pe's can't use teh stealth...

Timmy2k
27-05-04, 20:08
Lol if you can play you dont need stealth

Dribble Joy
27-05-04, 20:12
I haven't been using stealth for a month now, damn kami.
Tbh I'm glad to see it go.

Meh sticking with the judge which I have been using for over a year now.
Damn ye wee whipper-snappers usin my shoota, just cos it's a viable gun now.

Dirk_Gently
27-05-04, 20:25
Think they should give us PEs a class only rare aoe pistol to compensate for the fact that I get pked by monk teams everytime I leave NC.

Cruzbroker
27-05-04, 20:30
That's a funny thing to ask.

plague
27-05-04, 20:34
Think they should give us PEs a class only rare aoe pistol to compensate for the fact that I get pked by monk teams everytime I leave NC.
lol and how is that gonna change u being pked by monks all the time??
oh and any half diesent pe should be able to kill a monk(apu) unless there is ppu..

Dirk_Gently
27-05-04, 21:00
lol and how is that gonna change u being pked by monks all the time??
oh and any half diesent pe should be able to kill a monk(apu) unless there is ppu..

It wouldn't it'd make me feel better though.

I did say Monk Teams, I'm getting Para, DB, Dead.

I just feel that it is another move meaning that it is harder for you to go outside NC on your own with a PE, which in principal is all well and good but the server pops don't support this. And with the exception of APUs no other class has this problem.

If this is the start of a move to make characters inter-dependent then fair enough that will help the game.

plague
27-05-04, 21:59
thats all i have to say to all those pe's that can't leave with out stealth:

BombShell
27-05-04, 22:02
thats all i have to say to all those pe's that can't leave with out stealth:

this is how we do it

how would their kids turn out.

and wait till piglet finds out.

plague
27-05-04, 22:03
hmmm, am not realy sure how that would work, probobly green hearless bunny w00t :eek: :D

BombShell
27-05-04, 22:04
hmmm, am not realy sure how that would work, probobly green hearless bunny w00t :eek: :D

would love to see that :)

Furion
27-05-04, 22:37
Do you have some sort of comprehension problems? You also didnt understand when I said that the people who didnt know how to combat stealth (AGAINST IT, IN CASE YOU DO HAVE COMPREHENSION PROBLEMS) earlier.

yes i have comprehension problems apparently....
:rolleyes:

i was gonna quote u contradicting urself, but u have removed all of ur first posts, and replaced them with saying that ur a nib.

P.S. whats with trying to make me look bad? need someone to take the attention away from ur whining?

Dribble Joy
27-05-04, 22:48

and wait till piglet finds out.
You mean miss piggy.

BombShell
27-05-04, 22:49
You mean miss piggy.

o thats right thats wut shes called her. :)

havnt seen muppets in a long long time.

Spike - Saturn
28-05-04, 07:05
All of you ex-stealth PEs going to lowtech just because stealth is removed are funny. Especially you Spike, created a forum account just to whine about stealth.

Look at my join date, oh brilliant one.