View Full Version : A little help needed.

yavimaya
27-05-04, 12:37
Hail.
I have a Leadtek A360 tdh (Nvidia Geforce FX 5700 - 256mb)
and a gigabyte GA-8Ipe1000P Motherboard.
I'm running standard BIOS on both.

I have searched everywhere and cannot find where to change the AGP status.
Right now it is running in PCIMode. :( *cries*
I cannot seem to find anything in the BIOS, or the "winfast" toolset that come with the card.

I have included a picture incase people dont know what i mean :P

Anyone out there know of this? and/ or how to change it?
Kind of sucks not knowing how good this card can get. (although i have a feeling all my cards have been running in PCImode - this is my 3rd Gcard, ever)

SilentEye
27-05-04, 12:47
I am not sure what ya mean but, does this mean my ATI Readeon 9200XT hasn't been running full power either?

How I know how I know? :o

yavimaya
27-05-04, 12:55
I am not sure what ya mean but, does this mean my ATI Readeon 9200XT hasn't been running full power either?

How I know how I know? :o

Basically it means (as far as i know), its plugged into the AGP slot, but running like its in a PCI slot....
The manual is crap, the website is crap, the BIOS shows nothing, the toolset shows nothing.
And about your radeon, i have no idea, i have an Nvidia :P i dont know what info your toolset gives you. but i think "Sandra" should be able to tell you.
http://www.sisoftware.net/

Samhain
27-05-04, 13:13
http://www.guru3d.com/geforcetweakutility/

This untility allows you to alter your driver settings for which AGP mode to run in.

However, check your motherboard BIOS to see what AGP mode you are set to.

Another possibility is that your motherboard only supports AGP 2X and your graphics card does not work in AGP 2X (although I don't know how likely this is)

yavimaya
27-05-04, 13:17
http://www.guru3d.com/geforcetweakutility/

This untility allows you to alter your driver settings for which AGP mode to run in.

However, check your motherboard BIOS to see what AGP mode you are set to.

Another possibility is that your motherboard only supports AGP 2X and your graphics card does not work in AGP 2X (although I don't know how likely this is)

Thank you very much, Ill test that, once ive finished DLing the patch :P

Umm yea my MB HAS to be able to support 8X, i think sandra said so too :P
its not a cheap board, well it wasnt a few months ago. Latest generation shit.

lol, just checked it, that the sort of shit i need, but something more "official", something that goes higher than gefore 2 and shit :P

Samhain
27-05-04, 13:27
eh? I used this tweaker on my laptop with a geforce4 mx 420 go (christ can the stupid product names get any longer) and it supports it..

yavimaya
27-05-04, 13:32
eh? I used this tweaker on my laptop with a geforce4 mx 420 go (christ can the stupid product names get any longer) and it supports it..

Mmm i dont want to risk it with my Aus$299 card. :(

Samhain
27-05-04, 13:35
there really isn't anything that drivers can do that can cause hardware failure...

even if this program somehow mistook you sliding the slider over to "8X" for "overclock this card to 5000000MHz core" your system would just lock up and you'd have to reboot.