PDA

View Full Version : CA epic kill

Razor Wrath
27-05-04, 07:38
I have hired a guy for me to kill him but neither of us knows if the kill is going to count against my epic before we take out LE chip i have a few questions

1. Does he have to be similar level to me im 26/48
2. Can i kill the same runner 3 times or does it have to be different

Thx

EternalDecay
27-05-04, 07:41
You have to be within 9 ranks of him. Yes you can kill the same one 3 times.

jernau
27-05-04, 07:44
1) Yes - within 5-10 combat rank. IIRC the notes and NPCs vary on this exactly and sometimes so does the game...
2) No. You need different runners for each kill on any ER kill mission.

My advice if you are arranging it anway is to both holster your weapons then zone back and forth till you are both 2/x or thereabouts and then punch him to death. That way is less bug-prone.

EternalDecay
27-05-04, 09:53
"No. You need different runners for each kill on any ER kill mission"

Don't listen to this guy, I just did the CA epic and killed the same runner 3 times and it worked fine.

jernau
27-05-04, 09:56
Either you are bugged or lying.

Mighty Max
27-05-04, 10:10
Nothing of both.

You can kill the same 3 times and it will count.

You dont have to wait nor log between those tries.

jernau
27-05-04, 10:13
In the 20+ ERs I've done that has never worked. Same for everyone else I've ever helped do theirs. We've checked it a few times just in case and not once did it count.

Sorontar
27-05-04, 10:17
For any epic kill you can use the same runner multiple times , and dont forget that its the combat rank ( first number ) that has to be within 10 ( ish ).

I lost a shit load of SL when someone took off their PA just before I fired my final shot, and their combat rank was reassessed and dropped to 2. :(

EDIT -Jernau it has worked this way in every epic kill I have done and all of those my friends have done.

jernau
27-05-04, 10:53
EDIT -Jernau it has worked this way in every epic kill I have done and all of those my friends have done.That's very odd then.

Either they changed it at some point or something is deeply fucked up somewhere. It certainly didn't work that way 2-3 months ago when I proved to someone in-game it wouldn't work by letting him try on one of my chars.

It wasn't the CA ER but I can't see how that would matter.

Morganth
27-05-04, 11:14
It wasn't the CA ER but I can't see how that would matter.

Well, we know there are lots of bugs in NC, so maybe the two epics have slightly different sets of code, you never know.

Which epic did you do it in then?

jernau
27-05-04, 11:17
I can't remember which I've tried it on specifically as I've done them all at least twice and only tried if I had a reason to - eg after a patch or if someone said it might work that way now. Everyone I met previously who said it worked that way hadn't actually done any ERs.

The last time I tried I was the victim on an FA char so the guy on the ER must have been TT.

Mighty Max
27-05-04, 12:11
Ive always killed some temp char (0/2) on a second account for doing my epics, since im strict into not PvP other players.

I always gave away all items, waited for the combat rank drop and fisted the temp char to death. I am pretty sure that i only created one of those temp char each.

Done this for the CA epic several times.