PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what this means..?

Doc Holliday
26-05-04, 20:44
Ok here goes. pc is actin up again and im gettin alot of errors. what i think happened was the ieexplore.exe file got corrupted somehow and it started rebooting randomely and closeing all internet windows. i got a virus checker on it and it found nothin but still gettin problems. i have since formatted the hard disk several times. ( been on it all freakin day ) im trying to install win xp pro atm on to the hd but it keeps bluescreening on me all the goddam time. the error im getting is a stop error. i forget the exact term it uses but its a page error where it cannot be paged in a non pageable area. something along that line. im trying to get it to do it again so i can give u the exact details. i have tried using xp pro and win 2k pro edition and both are giveing me the same message at some point during the install and set up. win 2k doesnt even get as far as installing before it borks on me. anyone help me. the error code refers to a problem in the ntfs file system by the way. is this gonna mean my hdd or what? im tending towards thinkin it is but im not the greatest with technowizadry such as this. any help would be smart peeps. cheers doc

Strych9
26-05-04, 20:46
Sounds like a hardware problem. Either corrputed disk, bad ram, or possibly bad processor.

Do you have any extra of the above you could swap out?

Doc Holliday
26-05-04, 20:53
sadly no. processor is only a couple months old ram after that as i had to get it replaced because the old lot went fucked. last is the disk and that is the oldest of the 3. Any ideas how this might have happened strych cos this all started yesterday, i downloaded a demo file of a game from gamespot and it all went tits up from there. ie started closing down first and the shit hit the fan not allowing me to open any internet exp windows without it saying it had experienced probs and wanted to send a bug report, next thing i know it wont stop rebooting each time it loads and im stuck trying to get a reinstall of my OS on there and this shit is happening.

UPDATE: i got windows xp pro installed and am tryin to run setup to sort the install. its come back with a rundll32.exe error. it says the instruction at ...... referenced memory at ....... the memory could not be "written" press ok to terminate program. the .... is 0x773ddd or somethin and another is 0x6d0038. is this a mem problem cos the ram aint that old and has been replaced previously due to problems with it

Ozambabbaz
26-05-04, 21:05
id think so, but looking at ur first post, it acts more like a virus

possible to switch ram sticks?

Doc Holliday
26-05-04, 21:05
ok its installing xp now. looks like it might take it ok this time. anyone no any good system check programs i can use for diagnostics either online or downloadable as i have nothing like norton at home.

@ ozam. not sure if its one or 2 sticks i got in there now mate. if its 2 im gonna try removing one and booting her up. if its a virus problem i dont understand why avg didnt get it. the last thing i got from that was it got corrupted which made me think there was a virus yet i ran it and it never detected one. this was prior to format. i know the db was up to date too so it wouldnt have mistaken the virus or not known to look for it.

Ozambabbaz
26-05-04, 21:13
i use norton, dont know any recent progs, saw someone recommend "memchecker", i can't since i never tried it

about AVG, no virus prog is perfect, my senses tell me if its a boot virus, you could get rid of it by unplugging the PC and removing the mobo batt for a day or 2, but thats not likely to happen, eh ;)

Doc Holliday
26-05-04, 21:16
its blued again on me. u reckon its worth takin the battery out? im a bit reluctant to do it tbh but im gettin mighty fucked off with it all. its bluescreened again mid install.

Ozambabbaz
26-05-04, 21:18
id certainly try isolating mem blocks first if its possible

then i'd lower BIOS settings

slaughteruall
26-05-04, 21:18
Did you delete your partition and recreate it when you installed the OS? An error like that makes me want to lean towards your hard drive. Windows has a built in drive checker. It's not the best by anymeans but it's really not that bad.

double-click on my computer
Right-click on your hard drive (C:) go to properties
click on the tools tab
Then you should see something that says error check. Or something similar to that.

I'm on a win2k machine right now. So it might be different wording.

Slaughter

Doc Holliday
26-05-04, 21:28
its not completing the installation of the new os. it keeps rebooting and giving stop errors all the time. deleted partition several times and formatted drive several times also. no joy.

Revslad
26-05-04, 21:32
is it a new mobo or old?

and what mobo is it

edit: i had a similar problem on another computer of mine , it turned out to be the mobo, i updated and flashed the bios and it finaly installed xp now it works fine doesnt bluescreen anymore ;)

Doc Holliday
26-05-04, 21:42
its not new or old really, its an asus a7v8x-x, i think hes had it for about 7 or 8 months. (this is docs bro posting, i know its not technically allowed but im doin some work on the pc and he asked me to keep an eye on the thread, if its a problem to the mods pm me and ill log my own account).

edit the prev motherboard was faulty apparently and was swapped out for a brand new one (same model) in feb or march of this year, so its less than 3 months old for sure.

Revslad
26-05-04, 22:07
humm was just did a search on gogle and some guy was having a similar problem

he said:

I just assembled a new PC
Athlon XP 2200
Asus A7V8X-X
DDR400 512MB
ATI Radeon 7000
Maxtor 40GB ATA133
Everything seems to run fine (it will POST and stuff) until its time to load the OS, Windows just seems to hang during the install. So I took another HDD with windows already in it and put it on the new comp, but during the boot sequence, it blue screens.

and to find out what the conclution was go here :)
click (http://www.computing.net/hardware/wwwboard/forum/24611.html)

hope it helps somewhat

Revs