26-05-04, 20:41
Im a Droner and sick and tired of being killed
why cant we see are health and staus in window of drone
why cant we see local people around us while droning
it sucks

us droners dont stand a chance
hunting mobs
casue were a sitting target
would be nice just to have out health displayed and maybe the local window so we can see if any one is near us is that to much to ask

anyone agree or disagree

i would enjoy pvp better if i new who was around me

Strych9
26-05-04, 20:45
Thats the disadvantage of being able to kill people without them being able to kill you back.

Gotta have a weakness.

Shadow Dancer
26-05-04, 20:47
Thats the disadvantage of being able to kill people without them being able to kill you back.

Gotta have a weakness.

Amen.

Fix droner bugs, yea, but please they don't need another boost of any kind IMO.

Marshall1
26-05-04, 20:47
yea but theres weakness
then theres just pain in the ass
i dont mind op wars
i find places to hide im not to bothered about that
but when it come s to mb and pkers are about
and you want to hunt mobs
you dont want some asshoile shooting you up when you cant see
even the blood thing dont work to well
as most of the time i die befour it shows up
the weaknees is getting the drone back in time to defend yourself
or running form place ot place as you are vunrable but you should be given a fighting chance of defending yourself when your droning and it wouldnt be to bad if the gards actaully shot enemy factions on sight but they dont
they let them in the compound
which is just shit

Benjie
26-05-04, 20:48
I think drones should be able to do the sex emote.

That and no.
It's the same for the hackers. Risk of the Job mate.

amfest
26-05-04, 20:54
yea but theres weakness
i dont mind op wars
or running form place ot place as you are vunrable but you should be given a fighting chance of defending yourself when your droning
getting the drones back in time to defend yourself? umm if you're being attacked .. in most cases . . YOU LOSE. If you're a droner and you get attacked .. better drop drone where ever it is . . no matter what drone it is and high tail it out of there if you can. If you're not good at running and don't drive a vehicle then get stealth. Find the method that works best for you. If you're not good at hiding and good at moving spot to spot then I suggest you roll up another class. If you like droning then work hard at it to get better. places like MB are not the best of places to hunt. There are tons of other zones and populated zones are not friendly spots to a droner. Find nice out of the way spots to do your hunting and learn the lay of the land like the back of your hand (looks at hand . what the hell is that!!!)

Disturbed021
26-05-04, 21:00
yea but theres weakness
i dont mind op wars
or running form place ot place as you are vunrable but you should be given a fighting chance of defending yourself when your droning and it wouldnt be to bad if the gards actaully shot enemy factions on sight but they dont
they let them in the compound
which is just shit

Welcome to the droning life :p
You are most vulnerable when you are running from hiding spot to hiding spot and when u hide ur meatsack in a not well-hidden place.

Fair trade-off for being able to kill ppl half way across a zone tbh.

MjukisDjur
26-05-04, 21:22
what about.... NO

Ozambabbaz
26-05-04, 21:22
i'd say, some vague signs would be prudent... something like when at 25% health or less, the spy pukes all over the drone monitor

-=z=-
26-05-04, 21:40
I totally agree with the thread starter!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneone Droners SHOULD get a better view of them selves!

Quit feeling like you are picked on. Go buy some self help books or something.

lol

Sorry couldn't help myself. :angel:
end sarcasm

If you see the red splotches you're taking damage. Pay attention, don't miss the signs - I know it can be hard to notice.

Ok, what to do now?
1. drop the drone, you're going to loose it anyway if you die.
2a. Run and Stealth
2b. Or launch a few kamis to see if you can take'em with you.
3. if you made it this far you're either dead or lucky!

TBH, you're a spy, only the elite combat spies can really outfight an opponent anyway. There's a reason a droner's body is called a "meatsack".

I don't think droners should see their meatsack's local list. I would like to see a drone side radar screen that shows all "targets" on it in one of the corners of the drone interface(monster, npc, & players). This would show whats around the drone only, no indication of friend\foe or mob\player.

N1n3
26-05-04, 22:04
If the Avatar is under attack by a highlvl Char, then hes dead anyway.. it is not possible to drop the drone, and stealth away, run away, drive away or something like that. rolh, judge, cs, HL, FA, Healing Light, everything kills u befor u can react.

The only defense u have is ur hiding spot, and it takes only LE user + Hovertec to disable this defense.

Archeus
26-05-04, 22:16
getting the drones back in time to defend yourself? umm if you're being attacked .. in most cases . . YOU LOSE.

Heh I attacked a droner one time. Most often the droner accepts it or tries to run, instead he popped out mossy and was able to do some serious damage to me before dying.

Jest
26-05-04, 22:43
I'll agree with whats been said. They dont need a boost, just a fix. Drone bugs can be very frustrating.

amfest
26-05-04, 23:57
Heh I attacked a droner one time. Most often the droner accepts it or tries to run, instead he popped out mossy and was able to do some serious damage to me before dying.
nice .. that's some great fighting spirit. Would of been nice to see something like that happening heh. It would be funny though if a droner could actually alt. launch their drones with them hanging on to it with one hand .. with limitations of course so they could move ther body away and attack . . a sort of leviation of sorts since the drone wouldn't be able to go very high cause of your weight. Anyhow It would be silly and fun but not something I see making it to game :p

Maloch Octavia
26-05-04, 23:58
Today, 20:43

From experience as a pure Droner.. My god.. What was he?? Must've taken a hell of a beating from you with great Resists, (Or you are crap!) to have survived long enough even to launch another Drone!

Asides to that, one question -

What are all these supposed Droner bugs?!?! I've found none!!
Maybe it's just me, but I have never, ever, ever had a single bug, ever, ever ever ever, ever, never, when using my Drones, asides from the view changing to 3rd person (Change your view twice until it's First Person, fixes that) and a Wrecked Drone vanishing when I drop it. (It reappears when I launch another).

I agree, it'd be nice to see your health bar, but really, that's only required for when you're trying to level your Con with a Mosquito or something. Otherwise, as soon as I see the red blood effect, I drop my drone (All the time, unless it's next to me! I'll never get it back to me in time) and immediately start running in a random direction, assessing what's shooting me whilst I run.

There have been times I've dropped a Mosquito or Punisher at the other end of the zone, just because a pissy little Mechturtle has shot me, but, you can't risk it, period.

Just find an exceptionally good hiding spot, and think outside the circle when doing so. :)

oracle
27-05-04, 00:07
I agree that any form of warning about the droners body would be pointless but they should have a local list of sorts for the drone. There have been occasions when i have failed to notice people approaching my drone on saturn.

[TgR]HusK
27-05-04, 00:29
regardless of all the things against it...

I'd say a good sollution would be to make it work simular like a binoculair (not sure I spelled that right), enabling the droner to see a little of his current position and whats going on around it (mobs, runners, whatever)
I'd still expect them to die when they are caught by runners :p, though the (possibly) upcoming camo armour might prevent such an attack.

rob444
27-05-04, 00:30
I got some suggestions all droners will love:

* Add minimap while droning
* Add the 3D arrow pointing at your body while droning

ezza
27-05-04, 00:31
personally id like abig pointy flashing light arrow showing exactly where the body of the droner is so i dont have to spend 20 minutes arsing aroung trying to find them ;)

and as to the actual question: no

amfest
27-05-04, 00:33
Asides to that, one question -

What are all these supposed Droner bugs?!?! I've found none!!
Maybe it's just me, but I have never, ever, ever had a single bug, ever, ever ever ever, ever, never, when using my Drones, asides from the view changing to 3rd person (Change your view twice until it's First Person, fixes that) and a Wrecked Drone vanishing when I drop it. (It reappears when I launch another).
Some that spring to mind are:

- You try and launch your drone but only get a launch bug that sounds like it's 3 or 4 times launching really super fast ..but no launch. Sometimes you have to launch a different total drone in order to get it to work.

- You launch but you don't go to drone interface but your drone is gone. Typically you have to wait and it'll fall out of the sky to the ground. It varies .. you can launch another drone and maybe pick it up later on the ground if it doesn't disappear.

- Getting stuck in fence type areas or walls. Typical of places like aggie rooms you get close to the floor with the fencing and you'll find yourself instantly stuck in it. When you drop drone it will fall below into the water and disappear. Someone can catch it if they are fast enough but never the droner :p

- Blowing up on water. Collisions and such.

- Launching near a wall, pipe, fence, or something and having your drone stuck in it so you can't move.

- switch views bug

- Armor not updating correctly so what seems like the first hit is actually your last and your drone blows up

Marshall1
30-05-04, 12:34
yea the bugs are a pain in ass
especially when you do try top fight pvp and your drone just wont launch can be very frustrating 1 time i used 3 diff drones and none would launch needless to say i died and when i was attack wbs i got sneaked on by a spider bot but my drone wouldnt launch so i died as well maybe they could fix these

phunqe
30-05-04, 17:22
I think it's good as it is now (except for the obvious bugs of course ;)).

Damage is pretty balanced, until you see 10-15 droners in a fight... But since this will most certainly not happen it's good as it is now, for the few droners. Take away damage, and the class will vanish completely. Increase damage or give other perks and they will be whined about and unbalanced.